Your most dissapointing budget lights?

most of the flood to throw light with hollow pill and small plastic lens… my leds need to be heatsinked!

Well, after saying that I would never buy another Thrunite product, I accidentally ordered a Saber. It arrived yesterday… dead as a doornail. HEY THRUNITE! YOU CAN GO CUT SOCKS IN HELL!!!

Mine was a sky ray 3x t6 didn't last too long,built like crap and is currently being used to prevent important documents from blowing off my desk.The other is the TN-31,total fiasco with CS filled with excuses and lies.Calvin from IS took care of me which was awesome,but the way Thrunite lied I agree with texaspyro,they can go cut socks.

This crappy one from DX, I had high hopes for it.

omg how could i forget about this one… I added some pressed aluminum foil to improve heatsink but I’m still afraid to use it on high for more than half a minute :d. If i can fix the next mode memory of my wallbuys ultrafire xml zoomie i got for 5$ it will be forever condemned to the shelf.

Well, so far the biggest disappointment has been the Trustfire Z3. I wanted another zoomie and thought this would be good enough. But I just hate the squareshaped hotspot when zoomed in, enough to modify the light to get rid of it. I’ll just get a plain glass lens to replace the original and use it as a flood light…
I guess my Led Lenser P7 is good at least in some things… :~

Fandyfire A10B from DX. was dead on arrival . When i did get it to work

it lasted a week. And dealing with DX customer service sucks

The biggest disappointments for me were these lights:

Romisen RC-C8 (Terribly dim and the zoom requires too many twists)
UltraFire 501b (504b or Solarforce are 10x better!)
UltraFire V6-T60 (Bad flicker and it wouldn’t even fit protected 18650s)
TrustFire TR-801 (Everything about this light is junk, nothing is even decent about this light)
Tank007 TK-566 (Nice quality but very dim)
C3 (I have had over 5 brands and they all either don’t work or have to be screwed together just-so in order to work)
UniqueFire HS-801 (pencil beam, not good for anything, get an STL-V6!)
UltraFire TH-T60 (2-Mode Hi-Low and you have to cycle through both to turn the light off)
Any light that has next-mode memory (just a terrible idea)
Any light that has backwards modes like low-med-high (I like high-med-low better on anything bigger than EDC size)

Other lights that I don’t think live up to their hype:
Rominsen RC-T601
XinTD C8

They weren't exactly "budget" lights, but both of the lights I picked up from monsterflashlights, an r3 (maybe r5?) 14500, and a 18650, both crapped out on me.

The spot on the 18650 became kind of discolored/dirty, and while it had modes originally, now it's just on one high mode... still works, but well, not exactly a light I would use.

The little 14500 had a bad solder point inside, the led died after a while. Considering the price, and website descriptions I was expecting a lot more from those lights.

The super cheap <$10-15, imo you get what you pay for, I don't expect much if any performance from them. It's the mid budget, and high end lights that really tick me off when they don't work properly.

Eagletac D-series (D25C clicky)

Awesome beam and form factor, but the modes are HORRIBLE. Worst though-out UI in the history of man.
A simpler UI without strobes/sos would make it a winner. How about ramping fellas?

Solarforce drop-in:
Flickers like mad! I thought I’d pay a few bucks more and got a defective drop-in that flickers (no it’s not the switch or batt).

Ultrafire SK68.
My first and second ones were awesome, but my third doesn’t seem to zoom in as far, and the action binds even after liberal oiling.

I would have to agree the Nebo Redline was one of the biggest dollar to lumen disappointments I ever had and@ 35.00 $ +a pop I don’t think it qualifies as a budget light! It’s poorly made I had two of them and the ground spring off the battery carriage broke both times its purplish terrible zoom lens puts nowhere near its claimed 220 lumen output and it ran through AAA’s like I run through redbulls does anyone know what mind of emitter it uses?

+3

100% agree, top notch build quality, horrible tint and output and hard to screw the head to go from zoom in to zoom out

nitecore
ex11.2
I love the light but I can place a fresh cr123 in it and it will be drained before the 30 hr mark.
got it from aimkon and at the 6 month mark it started flakin on me.
No reply to emails from them
Nor replies from nitecore

And to think I wasted a good trit in that thing

What a dog! Anybody know a good mod for this light? Just a glowing paper weight atock

what’s worst… than that? Nebo blueline. lower lumens and blue color

Want to sell it? PM me if you do!

The $1.59 “Police” light, it is not nearly as bright as I thought it would be, and has a very unpleasant tint.

Cant stand those or the clones, you lose half the light output when zoomed. Great for flood though, Using on a bike works pretty well

My Tank007 TK-703. It’s a great little torch, lovely size, but my first and only example had an intermittent switch so it never felt reliable to me. DX (fantastic customer service, I might add) subsequently offered to send me another one but I opted for store credit instead.

When it did work, whilst impressively bright for a single AAA, I found the hotspot far too much for close up use. So it’s not quite as practical as its small size suggests. It also eats AAA batteries like there is no tomorrow. Not a problem with NiMH, but worth pointing out. :bigsmile:

WF-501B. I just dont like it, head is too small and it looks and feels cheesy. It does not fill any gap between my UF-2100 & C8

I let my 4yr old play with this one.