YouTube Videos

When the core started hopping around, it reminded me of the houndeye sonic creatures from Half-Life. :laughing: .

This is the kind of stuff that leaves the mind wondering if somehow, some way, the right use of magnets could really result in a perpetuation machine. Of course, if youā€™re a physicist youā€™d scoff immediately. But these days, there are people who put more faith in their own beliefs than experts. :person_facepalming:

well, that brings up another pointā€¦does it have-to-be perpetual?
how about 100 years? if it took 100 years to ā€œrun downā€ that would
be forever in my life-time. nuclear power could handle that and more.

One of the laws of physics is that energy cannot be created or destroyed.
So one would need a system with 0% energy loss to operate forever.
But - it would still need energy to get started.
There have been various contraptions that use gravity to spin a wheel by having weights around the edge move inward and out as the wheel spins.
Friction is is the killer.

There is a thing called an ATMOS clock that appears to be perpetual.
It uses changes in room temperature to wind the spring and an ultra slow and heavy wheel as a pendulum.

Once setup, they will run unattended basically forever - until some mechanical part fails.
We have one we gave my parents in 1995 that has been running since then - untouched except when we moved it to our house (and to set the time). Others have been running far longer than that.
Hereā€™s a vid explaining the mechanization.

Then there is the Crooks Radiometer. When I was a kid I thought it was just the photons pushing the blades around.
Smarter people than I have argued about how the thing works. But they are still super cool to watch.

All the Best,
Jeff

oldie but a goodie:
reminds me of those Dune worms.

HiEnergy

Iā€™m going to ask if Acebeam would send me the X50 to mount on the drone. Who doesnā€™t want to to 40,000 lumens on a drone lol

EXACTLY. Even for machines that could run for an extremely long time (many months), the friction is what erodes the perpetual possibility.

Itā€™s getting fuel from the environmentā€¦ which means itā€™s not perpetual. BUT, itā€™s making wonderful use of an ambient ā€˜fuelā€™. Heat or light. Itā€™s essentially free, as it ultimately comes from the sun with no cost. Thatā€™s what always perplexed me about alternative energy, why solar tech was moving so incredibly slowā€¦ while thereā€™s all of this free fuel raining down on us. ā€œNo, weā€™ve got to suck & pull it out of the ground!ā€ Of course, hydroelectric is the most prolific and has been around for a century. But thatā€™s pretty much a fixed asset.

Curiously enough, this is a red state that prided itself on coal consumption. Thereā€™s a lot of fossil fuel diminishment in states that once openly scoffed about renewable energy.

Solar:
California - 32,394 MW
Texas - 11,063 MW
North Carolina - 7,308 MW
Florida - 6,681 MW
Arizona - 6,112 MW

I forgot which midwestern state has the fastest growing solar power implementation, but itā€™s something like 40% of all power consumption. Thatā€™s compared to less than 5% just 20 years ago.

A 10 minute motorcycle police chase on narrow streets in South America? somewhere. The chase starts in the video at 1 minute 20 seconds. 2 other short clips in the first minute.- YouTube

Unbelievable! I really thought that guy flying on his bike was going to crash. Insane the chances he took, especially with a rider on the back for most of it.

You canā€™t make this s&*$ upā€¦

4 days?

Guess thatā€™s what they call a hard-luck storyā€¦

Got Staff?

Uploaded a week or two ago

SlowMo Bugs

Merry Christmas!

In the spirit of the seasonā€¦

Glitter Bomb V 4.0 vs porch pirates.
I love this guyā€¦
All the Best,
Jeff