Zebra Light S6330 has landed!

Will this impress you? Fully thermally monitored and controlled. Hope that it is not too senstive though.

That’s pretty neat. I hope those features will become more widespread soon. Heat is becoming a more and more pressing issue as we get brighter, higher-powered lights. For now though, I don’t mind thermally monitoring my lights with my hand and controlling them manually with a mode switch.

Overheating isn’t a problem I’ve run into yet. It’s rare that I let my lights get warmer than about 104 F / 40 C (exterior peak temp), since I don’t usually leave them on high/turbo for long.

Most of the time, I use my H51 in the range of 0.2 to 10 lumens. Sometimes I’ll go up to 30 lumens for extended times when I feel like it. If I’m biking, I use more like 50 to 250 lumens during the entire trip and the light is heavily air-cooled. But above that, I rarely use brighter settings for more than a minute.

The S6330 really is a great light… but it’s mostly designed to solve problems I don’t have. 288 dynamic thermally-controlled output levels? Three-way hot-swappable power supply? An entire year of runtime in firefly mode? It’s impressive, but I still don’t want one. I’m not its target market. The SC52, on the other hand… is a sexy little thing that I’m probably ordering this week.

“Three independent battery power channel for ultimate battery safty and flexibility (mix and match any 1-3 batteries)” Off the zebralight website.

I need this light.

Yeah, it looks really well put together too, and has a perfect beam from those 3 reflectors.

LOL! 8)

Just been out with the dog and as it was a darker night with most of the snow melted i could really get a feel for the S6330..... and it didn't disappoint! Total flood monster.

I compared it with my SC600:

Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing. Really shows how much light it puts out. Well done.

One more comparing it with my TN30 XM-L2 which is rated at 3300 lumens on high:

anyone have done a full review it yet? really feel like buying. I dont have a zebralight yet. wanted to own one that can do all zebralight functions and yet as powerful as this set. it is really versatile…

one difference with it is that dropping the SRK on the floor would not hurt the heart as much as dropping S6330. :slight_smile:

It really kicks the SC600:s ass!

If I only could afford it… my wife thinks I´m crazy already, so I´ll probably have to settle for a sub $40 Black SRK from FT….

Mine finally arrived!

I had a coworker grab it and say “what is this dinky looking thing you have now?” and proceed to stick his foot in his mouth after turning it on.

After reading through this thread and reviewing the pics……by the way nice work! I don’t think the going price is worth it for the SC6330.

The SkyRay King I think is a much better value and looking at the pics I don’t see the point in spending all of that extra cash on the SC. As for the thin ring that the batteries on the KING might wear down in time, all you need to do is to coat that ring with DeoxIT Gold, I’ve reported on that before; you can not even tell my King’s have even had batteries in them yet. Each time I change out the batteries for charging etc, I take a Qtip and lightly coat that brass ring and also dab a little bit on the batteries themselves too. In-fact I’ve been doing that for years to all of my lights, bar none.

If you want a higher quality light than the KING, you can get the TM11 for $141.00 delivered. and for only $39 more than the SC6330 you can step-up to the TM26. While the SC6330 may seem interesting and it is, value wise the price point misses the point for what it is and what else is already available in similar packages and lumen. $125 would be my top price for the SC, but still I don’t feel after looking at the pics of it in action I’d even bother; I think value was the KING beats it is light output and $$$ spent…….my 2 cents worth. :slight_smile:

The S6330 is an interesting light. There really is nothing else like it, since it’s the smallest and the floodiest. It’s also the only “photon grenade” style light to feature ultra-low lows, long long long runtimes, and ZL’s awesome UI, not to mention the other unique features like its hotswap battery system and smoothly variable heat-controlled output.

It has a lot of unusual things going for it. And if those things are what you want, it might seem a bargain for its price.

It’s not what I personally want, but it’s great for what it does.

deleted