Zoom pocket flashlight

For me, what i need is only a small, common and easy-carrying flashlight. Too expensive flashlight is not worth...

Me too, delighted to find the thread. Romisen C6-II-WW from Shiningbeam has been my longtime favorite; still looking for something better.

who goes diving with a pocketable flood to throw?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj1eXdTOvWs

One more aspheric you might give a chance... the Tank007 TK-736 T6. It is probably the original to the discount clones but certainly a cut above the lesser copies.

The 736 bosts a reflector, a brass pill with a solid emitter base, a more robust switch on a PCB, and nice host of o-rings to seal it up. As a matter of fact, the o-rings hold so well that the light rarely maintains the set zoom position due to pressure/vacuum inside the body tube (easily fixed but the only downside).

The body is well made. It runs true in the lathe which really worked well for a simple mod to use the DX 28mm glass aspheric. The driver is a 17mm so if you don't like the 2.1A drive, you can easily put in your favorite driver.

Definitely worth the extra few $.

Modified bezel to accept the 28mm lens:

I see that from $60 at the Tank site down to $19.98 at cheep-fakes-R-us (no, I'm making the name up).

Any pointers to the real thing not a fake copy at the best price?

KaiDomain for the T6 version. Only $30.89; best price around.

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S010173

Great review(-s-), but why does everyone keep saying Sipik SK68 is brighter on 14500s? The difference is unnoticeable with rechargeable AAs. Can't tell a bit of difference.

Hi Rusty J

I think there may be something wrong woth your sipik sk68!

On all of the ones I've had/have or gifted away there is a BIG difference. So either yours have a driver that fully utilize the power potential of the rechargeable AA or there is something the miss with it.

I have 2 in mu current possession and just tried to shine them across the road where I live with a fully charged AA and a 14500 lion in some state of charge and it is still very noticeable on mine.

Interesting. Where did you get yours? I've had 4 sk68s and all are brighter on 14500. It could also be the battery. You are using decent 14500 right, at 4.2V?

mine are both significantly brighter on 14500"s

I have the Tank737 T6 and its my favourite ‘stock’ zoomie.
Have tried the glass 28mm DX lens, but actually the plastic one is the better aspheric of the two.
I dremeled down the inside of the bezel and it now holds an Ahortons lens.

Dont see how to acces the led and driver without special tools, but it runs well as long as you dont want high CRI.

I don't know, I have no good way to measure or compare. Havent found an integrating sphere for sale yet ;)

I used this topic as a launchpad for my research. i am now searching for the “perfect” light for my needs.LOL. Thanks

For all who are following this topic and havent seen this review by JohnnyMac, should read it!
Although I dont have the Z8 yet, it seems like a excellent 14500 FTT and I think that it should be taken into this great comparison thread.

very nice reviews :heart_eyes:

I ordered the TrustFire Z8 from DX a few weeks ago, and I’m eagerly awaiting it’s arrival!

Anything that can outzoom the SK68 for the same size?

Good information, very very nice reviews. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Dx.com says “item temporarily sold out”. I couldn’t find it anywhere for anything like the same price. Perhaps they had a lot they got cheap.

I really would like a EDI-T11, but I could not find anyone stock it anymore.