Zuessray posts please go to link: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/34292

Yeah, it kinda bites to be Forced to pay for tracking and then no updates or tracking is given.
Ordered on Aug 21st, no communication since orig payment other than confirmation from Paypal.
I PM’d them and sent a message through the website so we shall see what happens.
Just want my lights.
Later,
Keith

I ordered on Aug 22nd, with no tracking, was delivered today (UK) hopefully your lights will turn up soon.

Got an email overnight, tracking shows it to be in my home town, will have it tomorrow.
They just need to upgrade their website so these conformations of order and tracking info is sent automatically.
I realize they are probably just getting their feet wet in this endeavor, at least I hope that’s all it is.
As long as I get my lights I will be good, was just concerned as the web site showed no movement from purchase.
Thanks!
Keith

Like it and might order a couple but I do prefer non zoom lights so I would love it if they did a fixed focus version for the same price or a buck less with the good heavy pill. From the number produced I take it that the Chinese, or some nationalities they sell a lot of lights to, prefer zoom flashlights.

Have my smart phone and a tablet.

Ordered my first one on 22 Aug, yet to receive and no communication from Dealmetic either but anyway ordered a second one today after reading the reviews (Thanks) here.
Minimoke.

Received my order yesterday. Ordered on Aug 21. It is my brightest zoomy. Brighter than SK98.

I forgot to follow-up and post back here. I received the light a few weeks ago and it only took 5 business days…just wow, that’s super fast! To get straight to the point, IMO this is THE budget zoomie to have…it really is that good.

It is easily superior to the SK98 I have (which has a solid pill) that I modded with a XM-L2 and a Nanjg 105c with 8*7135 chips. It is brighter, has better heat management, and has a bigger flood. This is the brightest floodiest zoomie I have.

If you’re looking for a cheap small bright floody zoomie, I don’t think there is currently a better light. Huge props to light junkie who suggested the improvements to be made to the light and of course to Dealmetic for listening!

For some reason, the tailcap switch on mine came out pretty easily…a bit too loose for my taste but at least it was easy to get at to braid the tailcap. The pill on mine also unscrewed easily. After adding braiding to the spring on the pill and soldering a piece of copper wire for the ground, the light was noticeably brighter. I like this light so much, I don’t think I’ll be doing anything else to it.

Thank you Tom E for you wonderful pictures and the info you posted.

ordered one…

My second one came in today’s mail and — yay — the pill was just hand-tight, came right out.
Glad I held off taking the hammer to the first one with the tight pill. Is there a separate thread anywhere yet for modding these?

(and does anyone know anything about the stock driver, esp. does it have a low-voltage shutoff?)

Cheers for whoever it was who listened to all of us, and gave the go-ahead to improve the light.
And cheers also to whoever was given the go-ahead to make a solid pill and has made a really_good solid pill.

Does anybody have a lumen or lux estimate? Thanks.

Guesstimated with Samsung 20rs at about 900 lumens and Tristan xoxo for some reason these Lil tail switches are pretty crappy even with braiding they don’t seem to do well mine actually melted so I am open to anyone who has suggestions for a fix.

Brief review here for anyone interested. It is a great little light!

Here's my much improved tail switch with the Omten switch (fasttech-omten) sanded/filed to press fit in. One tab actually broke off from the filing, so I built it up with solder and still makes nice contact to the housing. The other tab is cut off a little, then soldered the spring/wire to it. It seems like it will hold up, but doesn't look too good for sure. It tailstands nicely now, as well:

Here's the stacked Nanjg fitted in at 3.85A. I left the stock spring to protect the 7135's, and used a metal chisel to notch the edges for contact for battery neg. from the pill to the driver. Since the pill top is so thick, the stacked chips would not fit inside.

Stock #'s I got were Hi: 3.6A, Med: 1.65A, 0.85A... Hi lumens: 809 @start, 782 @30 secs, throw: 15 kcd taken at 5m

Not sure of cell I used - probably a good one, like the LG HE2.

After all said/done with mods, on a LG HE2 @4.19v, 3.65A tail (weak connection though), lumens: 1071 @start, 1047 @30 secs, 35 kcd at 5m.

Note: my measurements are my own using a LX1330B meter and a PVC lightbox. I know it's not perfect but is accurate enough for my own use.

Nice work!

I had my last one after braiding and running on high I noticed my light started flashing on and off and after taking apart I found t some if the plastic housing part of the switch housing melted around the metal tabs so I’ll order the switch you mentioned from fasttech thanks Tom.

The Nanjg driver limits current, so current can't go nuts like it can with a DD driver. For this light, the XM-L2 is a good thing - it will help limit current, while XML's will run even at higher amps. Didn't mention, but I also put in a XM-L2 U2 1A on a SinkPAD. With a DD driver, if you beef up wires and springs -- look out!! On a good cell, current can go crazy high, and everything else involved in the circuit better be able to handle it - I gues the stock switch couldn't handle it if you got melted plastic.

If you go for the Omten switch mod, it's a little tricky -- I used a dremel to sand down carefully, then used a hand file by the metal tabs. You want to make it able to fit, but fit snugly, very careful not to take off too much material. Mine worked out this time. Actually my SK73 tailcap fits these ZeusRays and the switch in the SK73 has lower resistance - I can tell because I can get higher measured output with it after I copper wired both springs. Tailcap amp readings on this light are a little flaky for me -- can't seem to get a good reading.

Thanks for the pics Tom! Dumb question…are there chips on the emitter side of the driver?

Standard Nanjg, so yes -- 4 7135's, the Atmel Tiny13A, etc. Little to no spare room though, that's why I don't think stacking on that side will fit - I usually stack only on the emitter side to have clearance for a fully compressed spring on the battery side. I almost always replace the stock Nanjg spring with a better one.

I usually buy these: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1612/10001683/1186301-8-amc7135-2-group-25-modes-led-flashlight-driver-n, then re-program them and stack them to my needs. Best deal around I believe - $2.68 in qty 5, outstanding deal, bought dozens.