ENEDED

2671 posts / 0 new
Last post
freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 7958

X80? tongue-out

Nicolicous wrote:
im tempting to spend money on a different light if this is a long wait.

©freemex1thedeals.com

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1467
Location: Australia

Yeah I have my eyes on X80 Smile but the price is steep

Nico -.-

flybird
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/08/2016 - 05:25
Posts: 93

hunter1 wrote:
ASTROLUX MF-01 Nichia 219C (Lumen readings..)

I have used some «known» lights, doing ceiling-bounce (over 1 meter), to build up a
possible reference table (in lumens for MF-01) using a conversion factor of 26.47. (This factor is not a calibrated value.)
I have used different battery types for this testing.
Hope I am close with my numbers.!!??

Advertised values: (Using Samsung 30Q)
100lm
600lm
1500lm
5100lm
12000lm

SAMSUNG 30Q 4.20v (charged)
26 lx / 68lm
304 lx / 804lm
576 lx / 1524lm
1952 lx / 5166lm
3660 lx / 9688lm

I hope this came out “right”.

I am using Samsung 30Q ( fresh cell and fully charged ) and I have no way to measure the lumen , but it seems to my eyes that
my MF-01 is not as bright as the result shown above in level 2 -3 ( 804lm -> 1524 lm ).
I mean when I step up , it not as bright as double figure here. It is more like 804lm — > 1000lm. ( just a tad brighter ).
I also compare with my other light which has solid 1500 lm. It appears that MF-01 has less bright than 1500lm.

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 964
Location: Athens Greece.

Nicolicous wrote:
Yeah I have my eyes on X80 Smile but the price is steep

It is so,the price is steep.So,I look for the DX80,if the full review will be positive.It is cheaper with a coupon,plus it has way more intensity.
southland
southland's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 11/04/2012 - 07:15
Posts: 3184
Location: Georgia, USA

flybird wrote:
hunter1 wrote:
ASTROLUX MF-01 Nichia 219C (Lumen readings..)

I have used some «known» lights, doing ceiling-bounce (over 1 meter), to build up a
possible reference table (in lumens for MF-01) using a conversion factor of 26.47. (This factor is not a calibrated value.)
I have used different battery types for this testing.
Hope I am close with my numbers.!!??

Advertised values: (Using Samsung 30Q)
100lm
600lm
1500lm
5100lm
12000lm

SAMSUNG 30Q 4.20v (charged)
26 lx / 68lm
304 lx / 804lm
576 lx / 1524lm
1952 lx / 5166lm
3660 lx / 9688lm

I hope this came out “right”.

I am using Samsung 30Q ( fresh cell and fully charged ) and I have no way to measure the lumen , but it seems to my eyes that
my MF-01 is not as bright as the result shown above in level 2 -3 ( 804lm -> 1524 lm ).
I mean when I step up , it not as bright as double figure here. It is more like 804lm — > 1000lm. ( just a tad brighter ).
I also compare with my other light which has solid 1500 lm. It appears that MF-01 has less bright than 1500lm.


Going from 800 to 1500 lumens is not going to look twice as bright to your eyes, more like 30% brighter. Only way to know is with a measuring device.
maukka
maukka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 39 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 12/31/2015 - 04:15
Posts: 1961
Location: Finland

Got my MF01 today. It works perfectly. Was happily surprised that it uses high CRI (>90) 219Cs. I thought it used the standard CRI80 219C 5000K.

The tint is absolutely beautiful, no shift to speak of and no other anomalies. The UI is quite the step up from the disaster that was the S42. All in all a superb light for the GB price!

Some PWM (or other flickering) evident on a cellphone camera on all modes except low but not visible to the eye. Didn’t have time to scope that out yet.

Output is not quite what is claimed, but I don’t care. For comparison, it produces 45% more lumens (35% more at 30 sec) than the Noctigon Meteor M43 equipped with CRI80 219Cs. My lumen measurement seem to be about 5-15% less than other people’s, but mine is calibrated with a reference halogen bulb and I use a spectrophotometer instead of a lux meter.

Output with Samsung 25R (lowest IR of any of my cells):

Throw:
0 sec: 44575 cd
30 sec: 40648 cd

Tint in different output modes (click for higher res):

Tint in different parts of the beam on turbo (click for higher res):

CRI data on turbo:

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 11807
Location: Houston Texas

I’m always impressed by your emitter data.

Even though I can’t understand it. Lol

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links.

JamesB
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 14:43
Posts: 866
Location: France

Count me in for the 2nd batch, 219c flavour thanks Freeme Thumbs Up

Bo4ka
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 22 hours ago
Joined: 04/14/2017 - 11:27
Posts: 81
Location: Germany

interested in improved nichia

Ozythemandias
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 19 hours ago
Joined: 09/21/2016 - 08:33
Posts: 302

Interested

 

ImA4Wheelr
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 02/03/2013 - 14:51
Posts: 7916
Location: SC

Thank you maukka.  That got my attention.  Interested in one 219C from the 2nd wave.

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 54 sec ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 1014
Location: Sweden

Thanks for your excellent measurements maukka!

If I’m not mistaken, this makes the MF-01 the brightest high CRI (stock) light on the market.

Maukka: You don’t happen to have a set of VTC6:s, so you could check the output with them?

maukka
maukka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 39 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 12/31/2015 - 04:15
Posts: 1961
Location: Finland
RollerBoySE wrote:
Maukka: You don’t happen to have a set of VTC6:s, so you could check the output with them?

I do, but the 25Rs perform better at 0-60 sec. Just tested them the other day with the Q8. I’m getting some new VTC6s and VTC5As in the mail and will get back to the output.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4034

So far there does seem to be a huge spread in output though…

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1405
Location: Nice, France

Interested in a Nichia version.
Thanks

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 54 sec ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 1014
Location: Sweden
maukka wrote:
RollerBoySE wrote:
Maukka: You don’t happen to have a set of VTC6:s, so you could check the output with them?

I do, but the 25Rs perform better at 0-60 sec. Just tested them the other day with the Q8. I’m getting some new VTC6s and VTC5As in the mail and will get back to the output.

Thanks!

(VTC6 generally performs better than 25R in my lights, but then again my 25R:s are older than my VTC6:s.)

silicoon
silicoon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 5 days ago
Joined: 04/22/2017 - 11:43
Posts: 125
Location: JAPAN

Thank you maukka, the wonderful measurement data Thumbs Up
Although it is yellowish in visual observation, it is still about 5000K.

hunter1
hunter1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 02/18/2016 - 03:19
Posts: 221
Location: Norway

Hyvää iltaa maukka,
and thank you for your report. (always been looking forward to read them.)

To all other, I am sure maukka´s calibrated reference is more correct than mine (none calibrated value with a conversion factor of 26.47.) but I will give you the numbers I have from today when my XP-G3 arrived. (flawless and work as advertised.)

I used eight ORBTRONIC ORB25 (fully charged) for this check (IR 26-30), but this is only «fire up» values, not 30sec out.

– and yes, I can burn the light in both ends Smile it works very well..

So here comes the number, both from the 219C and the XP-G3

291C (lx/lumen values)……………………………XP-G3 (lx/lumen values)

17 lx / 44 lm…………………………………………4 lx / 10 lm
273 lx / 722 lm………………………………………329 lx / 870 lm
572 lx / 1514 lm……………………………………..702 lx / 1858 lm
1886 lx / 4992 lm……………………………………2440 lx / 6458 lm
3770 lx / 9979 lm……………………………………4470 lx / 11832 lm

So no matter how we turn the numbers, they are going in all directions, both between my number and maukka´s number.
Also level vice with reference to the advertised number.
So most probably there will be differences from light to light also!!??

Hope there are some use for my number whether they are right or wrong.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 7958

@maukka Thank you for sharing your >90 CRI test results!!! I didn't even know 90CRI 219C emitter existed in the first place. No wonder my sample tint looks more pleasing than my triple 219C 80CRI built.

©freemex1thedeals.com

Tally-ho
Tally-ho's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 07/23/2011 - 04:15
Posts: 1292
Location: France

freeme wrote:
No wonder my sample tint looks more pleasing than my triple 219C 80CRI built.

Clemence is selling 219C CRI90 (R9050) from 2700K to 5000K in his shop : Virence.
Kaidomain is selling 219C CRI90 (R9050) 4000K
“emitters swaaaaaap”
Charledflash
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/14/2017 - 18:47
Posts: 5

Greetings! Please add me to the 219 Nichia list.
Thanks, Charlie

puccio1969
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 09/13/2015 - 04:14
Posts: 37
Location: italy

Interested for 219C version

Mindaugass
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/22/2016 - 10:51
Posts: 156

Interested in 219C

kahvitahra
kahvitahra's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 10/04/2012 - 09:59
Posts: 93
Location: Finland

Interested for 219C.
Thanks!

flasky
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/25/2017 - 07:23
Posts: 32
Location: Germany

Interested in Nichia too
Thanks

X0R
X0R's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 10:09
Posts: 63
Location: Ukraine
Interested in one 219C from the 2nd wave.
EagleShield
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/12/2017 - 19:34
Posts: 198
Location: Sweden

Is it same high CRI Nicia 219c for next wave?
I don’t see BG write anything about CRI in the specs.
Does it happens they swap LEDs between batches?
Example, everyone loves the first batch of this light and they write how awesome it is and the maker of the light see a opportunity to save a few bucks by swapping to lower CRI Nicia 219c.

Just wondering if that is something that usually happens since not many people can measure the CRI value and some are just after the lumens so they don’t care much about the CRI.

zoysiamo
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 04/30/2017 - 15:18
Posts: 62

I’m interested in one 219C from the 2nd batch!

keengeorge
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 04/26/2014 - 01:04
Posts: 1819
Location: Australia

RollerBoySE wrote:

Thanks for your excellent measurements maukka!

If I’m not mistaken, this makes the MF-01 the brightest high CRI (stock) light on the market.

Maukka: You don’t happen to have a set of VTC6:s, so you could check the output with them?

The Noctigon Meteor M43 from intl-outdoor.com is also using the Nichia 219CT 90CRI, 5000K  LEDs

Edit: And the Emisar D4 from intl-outdoor.com is also available with the same LEDs

 

Best Regards,

George

mickscott
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 14:03
Posts: 82

Interested 2 X
1 X XP-G3
1 X Nicha 219C

please.

Pages