Chinese e-shops Batterry Shipping Policy per Country

56 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

evankouros
evankouros's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2015 - 16:23
Posts: 460
Location: Hellas
Chinese e-shops Batterry Shipping Policy per Country

I've done a lot of talking lately at GearBest's thread (#1925 to #1937 and #2032 to #2041), regarding it's extremely expensive shipping policy for batteries, as also for not offering free tracking nr for orders over a certain amount (as they used to for orders over $40) as most of GB's competitors stil do (usually over $20-$25).

I'm opening this thread in order to post which of the known online Chinese e-shops (e.g. BangGood, DealsMachine, DX, FastTech, GearBest, KaiDomainm, Tmart) still offer Free Batterry Shipping to BLF member's country.

In addition to the well known online Chinese e-shops, I believe we could also inform which reliable Aliexpress stores (with high ranking score that we have bought from -or know others that bought- and had no problems) and other (than BG-DM-DX-FT-GB-KD-Tmart) reliable e-shops we know with competitive prices that ship batteries for free to our country, since (because of GB's and other known e-shops shipping policy or for any other reason) many of us (myself among those) have turned to other sellers in order to find cheap and good batteries.

Our country should be visible at our post (seen at our signature or posted), as each e-shop's shipping policy may be different per country (e.g. I know that GB doesn't offer free shipping for batteries to Greece, but offers it to Germany; strange, since they're both EU members and air-mail shipping legistlation for Li batteries must be the same for all countries).

 

Note:

As I'm always trying to be perfectly honest, I must inform you that it was GB's representative at BLF who PM'd me the idea to start a thread like this, saying that "if it could work (meaning free shipping for batteries) on GearBest too, then I will give you a $40 gift card as a thanks".

I don't know if that's true or if that's a way to make me stop saying the truth regarding their shipping policy, but I hope it's obvious that GB's offer for "a $40 gift card"... "if it could work" isn't the reason for I start this thread.

What I'm really hoping is that the feedback from this thread will be the reason to make the known Chinese e-shops that don't offer free shipping for batteries to our country understand that their shipping policy is wrong. They must find the way that some of their competitors already know, in order to offer competitive prices for good batteries and free shipping (or/and $0 to small charge for tracking nr) at the same time, as I'm sure we're not buying from them only batteries/flashlights/chargers, but many items.

I'm also hoping that this thread could be useful for BLF members, in order to get ideas where to buy batteries from (and why).

After some feedback posts I intend to make a table with e-shops/countries and what kind of shipping they provide for batteries. Don't ask me when I'm gonna make this table, cause it depends by my available time and the data we're gonna have. I'm not in a rush for "a $40 gift card"... "if it could work"!

 

  • Evan

PS (edit) :

The reason why the thread's title is "Chinese e-shops", is because they ship all over the world. Posting local e-shops that ship batteries for free in a member's country might be interesting for some, but not for all BLF members. So please avoid posting domestic e-shops that you know they don't ship abroad. If they do you could post them, but you should have in mind that even if I could buy a battery like this from international.mtnelectronics, the extra shipping cost to Greece for a $4 simple part like this is $13.25, so... imagine what would it be for batteries!

Edited by: evankouros on 12/05/2016 - 17:08
giorgoskok
giorgoskok's picture
Offline
Last seen: 34 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 11/13/2015 - 10:46
Posts: 2060
Location: Greece

Gearbest had 0.19$ tracking option , also available for batteries . So , i assume they don’t work with that company anymore ?

evankouros
evankouros's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2015 - 16:23
Posts: 460
Location: Hellas

Offering free shipping for batteries to Greece (checked 2016-12-06) :

  1. KaiDomain.com
    • Free Registered Shipping if order value over $15 USD
  2. Tmart.com
    • Free Registered Shipping if order value over $30 USD (could be less)
  3. DealsMachine
    • Free Shipping but batteries need tracking number for normal extra charge (e.g. $1.99 for 1 to 3 4-lots of NCR18650B)
  4. AliExpress Store No.1120058 (5254 - 97.7%)
    • Free Registered Shipping
  5. AliExpress Store No.2133078 (2155 - 97.5%)
    • Free Registered Shipping
  6. Many more AliExpress Stores that I can't say from personal experience if they're reliable.
  7. [2017-01-14 edit] YoShop
    • Free Shipping (normal charge for Tracking Number +$1.99, not obligatory)

Note: 

I don't care about buyers complaints regarding capacity of xxxFire/noname batteries they bought. They should of known better!

 

@giorgoskok:

You're right about GB. Then it became about $2.80 and today there’s different shipping cost for similar items! [2017-01-14 edit] It's been somedays now that GB doesn't ship to Greece...

Kepling
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 04/11/2016 - 22:08
Posts: 87
Location: NL

Fasttech.
Ordered a flashlight that included 1 AAA alkaline battery. I was told to choose between
1. Cancel order. or,
2. Receive the light without the battery and get a $1 refund.

I picked number 2.
This was with free unregistered shipping.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2277
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

The one issue is. free shipping comes at a price. The batteries are not declared so I have now had customs seize some. Some times they not even leave port. It depends on luck I guess.

evankouros
evankouros's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2015 - 16:23
Posts: 460
Location: Hellas

Might be as you say, but IMO “the one issue is” being able to get (with safety) good and cheap batteries for our flashlights! Cool

Before Samsung’s fiasco nobody was talking about danger from batteries, now (because of the media) everybody is. The fact is that their package can be really good if the seller wants to do it (see what dw911 informs here). So, as long as we’re talking about good batteries well packed, there’s no more danger than the one it used to be before everyone starts talking about exploding bad batteries. Guys, guns & ammo is being air-transfered every day!

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 713
Location: Sweden

Living in Europe (Sweden) I have stopped buying cells from China.
I now get all my batteries/accumulators from https://eu.nkon.nl
Prices are comparable with Chinese sites.
Shipping is not free, but very reasonable.
Best of all: delivery is fast and I don’t have to worry about fakes nor customs inspections or fees/taxes.

evankouros
evankouros's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2015 - 16:23
Posts: 460
Location: Hellas

It’s true that eu.nkon.nl is a good solution (for EU at least), but it’s not a Chinese e-shop Silly and fast shipping to Greece is very expensive: e.g. for a pair of 30Q, normal shipping (up to 4 weeks delivery) costs the reasonable amount of €2.83, but fast (with full tracking) costs €22.39. Sad

kamote1half
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/31/2015 - 20:08
Posts: 102
Location: Philippines

Is there any shop that ships 18650 to the Philippines? Im seeing that kaidomain offers to ship some but i have nit tried it.

Ready. Set. Light.

Wrathbringer27
Wrathbringer27's picture
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 44 sec ago
Joined: 03/02/2015 - 09:00
Posts: 1873
Location: Singapore GMT +8

Banggood, Gearbest and fasttech CANNOT ship batteries to Singapore.

Words can be broken,
so can bones.

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 713
Location: Sweden
evankouros wrote:
It’s true that eu.nkon.nl is a good solution (for EU at least), but it’s not a Chinese e-shop Silly and fast shipping to Greece is very expensive: e.g. for a pair of 30Q, normal shipping (up to 4 weeks delivery) costs the reasonable amount of €2.83, but fast (with full tracking) costs €22.39. Sad

The normal (cheap) shipping to Sweden only takes about 4 days and tracking isn’t really necessary within EU.

evankouros
evankouros's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2015 - 16:23
Posts: 460
Location: Hellas

RollerBoySE wrote:

The normal (cheap) shipping to Sweden only takes about 4 days and tracking isn’t really necessary within EU.

Only 4 days for delivery with normal (cheap) shipping is a great delivery time! Thumbs Up
You’re lucky… Sweden is near to the Netherlands.

I usually prefer tracking even for domestic mail, but that’s up to everyone’s choice. I’d certainely not pay €22.39 for a pair of 30Q that cost half that amount! Cool

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2277
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Don’t any Chinese vendors have EU warehouses? I thought Gearbest did?

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 713
Location: Sweden
everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
Don’t any Chinese vendors have EU warehouses? I thought Gearbest did?

For some reason they don’t seem to stock batteries in the EU warehouse.

But they do have some in their US warehouses.
VTC5, 30Q, 25R, NCR18650B and HE2 can be ordered from the US-LA warehouse; only in quad packs though and the prices are 10-20% higher than from China.

evankouros
evankouros's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2015 - 16:23
Posts: 460
Location: Hellas

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1041710#comment-1041710

evankouros wrote:

Unfortunately EU warehouse has only 6 items in LED Lights & Flashlights categoryNo batteries, usually more expensive items (that’s normal) and more expensive shipping cost (there’s no free shipping even for the most simple item) in general. That’s why I’ve never bought from EU warehouse.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2277
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Maybe make a request for them to stock cells at the EU warehouse? But i guess no point because then the price will equal out?

evankouros
evankouros's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2015 - 16:23
Posts: 460
Location: Hellas

As I wrote, my goal “is that the feedback from this thread will be the reason to make the known Chinese e-shops that don’t offer free shipping for batteries to our country understand that their shipping policy is wrong. They must find the way that some of their competitors already know, in order to offer competitive prices for good batteries and free shipping (or/and $0 to small charge for tracking nr) at the same time, as I’m sure we’re not buying from them only batteries/flashlights/chargers, but many items”.

I don’t aim for a solution to the shipping cost only for my country, that’s why I’m asking feedback regarding BAT’s free shipping from various e-shops and as many countries as possible. This thread could be a way to put some pressure on those e-shops, making them understand that “where there’s a will, there’s a way”.

Unfortunately, so far the feedback is under my expectations. I don’t believe that BLF members (most of them flashaholics with big battery needs Silly ) don’t care about BAT’s shipping cost. Maybe the thread is in the wrong place, maybe I didn’t express the right way what’s it’s purpose, maybe I was aiming high and expecting too much, maybe most members are buying batteries cheap and with free shipping, maybe… who knows what else…

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 2277
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Yea i also have to pay extra shipping so i understand. But batteries i only buy every so often and i usually buy a lot at once. Either way it will always be cheaper to buy from China then From an Australian seller. Plus i always pay for extra fast shipping usually only a few dollars maybe $4 dollars.

Kepling
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 04/11/2016 - 22:08
Posts: 87
Location: NL

I don´t believe there is a lot these shops can do. They don´t make the rules for air shipping.

ecotack
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 11/11/2016 - 06:50
Posts: 43
Location: UK, Cumbria

I ordered some batteries from DX, they emailed me saying they “cannot be shipped lonely in one package” and to order something else with them. So I did. Then I got the message my order “has failed to pass the airline security check as it contains lithium batteries/knives” and they “switched it to another delivery channel”. I didn’t pay anything for shipping.

The other items arrived separately from the batteries. The batteries eventually arrived in two separate shipments.

evankouros
evankouros's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2015 - 16:23
Posts: 460
Location: Hellas

Kepling wrote:
I don´t believe there is a lot these shops can do. They don´t make the rules for air shipping.

I’ve read almost the same before and my answer was this :
evankouros wrote:
[…]
I know that, but since air-mail shipping legistlation for Li batteries must be the same for all countries, it’s difficult to understand why there’s an enormous charge for a EU member country and no charge for another.

After all, it’s even more difficult to understand, why:
1. A few days ago the cost for registered shipping (to Greece) for a 4-lot of (e.g.) HG2 batteries was $2.16 and now it’s $8.15 !
2. There’s different shipping cost for similar items ($8.15 for HG2 4-lot, $12.35 for NCR18650B of today’s flash sale).
[…]


As I’ve also wrote, some of these e-shops offer free shipping for batteries (same BATs sold at similar price), some don’t.

PS:
Can we please stay on-topic to the thread and provide the feedback for what’s going on to your country? Cool

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 713
Location: Sweden

evankouros wrote:
Kepling wrote:
I don´t believe there is a lot these shops can do. They don´t make the rules for air shipping.

I’ve read almost the same before and my answer was this :
evankouros wrote:
[…]
I know that, but since air-mail shipping legistlation for Li batteries must be the same for all countries, it’s difficult to understand why there’s an enormous charge for a EU member country and no charge for another.

After all, it’s even more difficult to understand, why:
1. A few days ago the cost for registered shipping (to Greece) for a 4-lot of (e.g.) HG2 batteries was $2.16 and now it’s $8.15 !
2. There’s different shipping cost for similar items ($8.15 for HG2 4-lot, $12.35 for NCR18650B of today’s flash sale).
[…]


As I’ve also wrote, some of these e-shops offer free shipping for batteries (same BATs sold at similar price), some don’t.

PS:
Can we please stay on-topic to the thread and provide the feedback for what’s going on to your country? Cool

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of these charges are based on a percentage of what they think they can get away with. Also remember that they are managing a complex balancing act with multiple shipping agents and shipments sent, not only from their own warehouses, but also direct from many different subcontractors.

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 988
Location: Vic, Aus
everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
The one issue is. free shipping comes at a price. The batteries are not declared so I have now had customs seize some. Some times they not even leave port. It depends on luck I guess.

Was it China or Australian customs that seized them?

Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 1808
Location: Germany

GB, BG and Ali ship me for free to Germany

The other stores probably too

So far not one of the battery package had a proper lithium battery warning label

SawMaster
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 05/03/2015 - 17:18
Posts: 1759
Location: SC USA

Bump

Digit
Digit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 08/19/2015 - 18:44
Posts: 77
Location: sunny place

This is becoming a mute point , the shipping of lithium batteries. There are international laws in place that dictate the shipment and proper procedures for shipping of lithium batteries. These are in addition to ones own countries regulations and individual carriers regulations.

In order to ship these batteries legally the retailer must jump through so many hoops and have proof of documentation proving amount of lithium in cell etc and “that the particular cell” in question is part of those tested.The testing cost alone is $4000.00-5000.00

If any of you are interested in why it is becoming so difficult you only need to go on line and read the UN regualtions , Transportation Regulations IATA in addition to the myriad of conditions from as mentioned individual carriers.

The reason you will not receive the $40.00 gift card is because he is correct! Suppliers are pulling back due to heavy fines that are being handed out. In addition they do not have the necessary paperwork to support the documented tests. This becomes especially true when it comes to “Clone Cells” which simply cannot pass and are the leading problem in terms of failures which is not to say that legit cells are not prone to failure! They to have had their issues as well.

The other fact is these batteries must be shipped as “Dangerous Goods” which in of its self has a higher cost which Vendors are incapable of absorbing. Those doing so are not following the regulations and are not sending the batteries via “Dangerous Goods”

These regulations are having a tremendous effect on the market for the small vendors that already make nothing on the batteries as it is and who cannot afford the cost to properly ship these items in accordance with UN and international dangerous good legislation.

This will only get worse before it gets better in terms of shipping costs! The goal being to buy in bulk with genuine suppliers with document proof of genuine product while paying a dangerous goods surcharge on shipping. The most we can hope for is that the charges come down in price with proper verification of authentic products and proper packaging by vendors of the individual cells that would diminish potential accidents.

SawMaster
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 05/03/2015 - 17:18
Posts: 1759
Location: SC USA

Agreed as far as fast shipping goes. I think what will happen next is the Chinese seller’s cheap shipping options will be going to sea-borne carriers where regulations are less stringently enforced (and where they can play the “mislabeled” game all over again Facepalm ). So you’ll either have to pay through the nose or wait months instead of weeks if you can’t afford air-shipping rates.

The good part of this is that will allow local sellers to be more competitive overall. That will help everyone’s local economy where they live which can be only a good thing Thumbs Up Glad I got stocked up before this recent increase!

Phil

evankouros
evankouros's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2015 - 16:23
Posts: 460
Location: Hellas

Digit wrote:
The reason you will not receive the $40.00 gift card is because he is correct!

As I wrote at my OP, that's not the reason for I've opened this topic.

Besides that I agree -in theory- with you, but:

  1. What do you mean "he is correct"? Correct in what? Have you seen any answer/opinion of his? I don't remember having seen something.
  2. Can you (or anybody else) explain what I wrote/quoted at #21? So far I haven't seen any answer... Tired

Anyway, the topic is gone totally off-topic. Nobody (almost) answered to the question that I thought all members would be interested to know: Which of the known online Chinese e-shops still offer Free Batterry Shipping to BLF member's country?

Digit
Digit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 08/19/2015 - 18:44
Posts: 77
Location: sunny place
Quote:
As I’m always trying to be perfectly honest, I must inform you that it was GB’s representative at BLF who PM’d me the idea to start a thread like this, saying that “if it could work (meaning free shipping for batteries) on GearBest too, then I will give you a $40 gift card as a thanks”.

I am assuming that if you can convince Gearbest to offer free shipping on batteries he would provide a $40.00 gift card! My replay was and still is that it will never happen for the reasons given. Those offering free shipping are doing so illegally by adding a false description of what is in the package.

The real question is who has a package that was sent as dangerous goods and labelled lithium batteries in the description “that was not charged”? That i would say is no one!

The e stores will do this until they are caught and heavily fined or the products get confiscated at the borders and they have to reimburse the buyers. These little e stores do not have the funds to pay heavy fines like amazon just did.

There was reference to the number of batteries being shipped and weight classification for the “type of cells” being shipped which caused a fluctuation in the shipping costs.

Do a search on lithium battery International shipping requirements and UN lithium battery shipping regulations. Then you are welcome to review the transportation shipping requirements from individual carriers on top of it which make it very clear that these procedures /requirements are not being followed by the e stores.

It would be like asking you to send lithium batteries for free up to Canada! Heck one cant get a bic pen sent up to Canada for under $15.00 U.S and that isn“t even Dangerous Goods pricing!
evankouros
evankouros's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 11/30/2015 - 16:23
Posts: 460
Location: Hellas

Digit wrote:
I am assuming that if you can convince Gearbest to offer free shipping on batteries he would provide a $40.00 gift card!

Well, you might be assuming whatever (and you might be right), but once more I repeat that my goal by opening this topic is other:

Quote:
What I'm really hoping is that the feedback from this thread will be the reason to make the known Chinese e-shops that don't offer free shipping for batteries to our country understand that their shipping policy is wrong. They must find the way that some of their competitors already know, in order to offer competitive prices for good batteries and free shipping (or/and $0 to small charge for tracking nr) at the same time, as I'm sure we're not buying from them only batteries/flashlights/chargers, but many items.

I'm also hoping that this thread could be useful for BLF members, in order to get ideas where to buy batteries from (and why).

I'm totally not trying to "treat well" GB in order to get (under strict terms) a $40 gift card. I won't get rich if I get it!

Digit wrote:
My replay was and still is that it will never happen for the reasons given.

I understand what you're saying, and -as I wrote before- I agree in theory with you (if you follow the link at my OP you'll realize that I've done some reading regarding air-mail shipping legistlation for Li batteries), but "my replay was and still is" that so far I haven't seen any satisfying (or not) explanation regarding what I wrote/quoted at #21.

As I don't like repeating the same over & over again, I don't intend to make further discussion regarding shipping regulations, especially since such a simple question I've made/quoted hasn't been explained -so far- with simple logic.

So... please let's stick to the topic's subject.

Kalihi
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 32 min ago
Joined: 07/30/2016 - 03:01
Posts: 64
Location: Hawaii

Since (last I checked), lithium-ion batteries can be shipped by air inside of consumer products, wouldn’t it be easier to just design a $1.00 5mm LED “disposable” flashlight that 18650s can be shipped inside of? Or even a multi-cell version for bigger orders?

Pages