XinTD C8

54 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO
XinTD C8

I was very curious about this flashlight so I have contacted Intl-Outdoor to ask about the reflector.

They were very nice to send me some photos, watermarked I see.

The XinTD C8's reflector is 29.5mm and the regular reflector on C8s is 31.7mm or smaller, there is a 2.2mm difference. Quite perfect I'd say while looking at the big pill just underneath. Everything screws it seems, which even better for heat transfer. Also the led's contacts are protected with a plastic plate. 

This is from the website:

This is what they've sent me, after taking the measurement themselves. 

 

 

 

 

 

Ian2381
Ian2381's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 00:50
Posts: 643
Location: Philippines

Seems to be just enough. I would also like to know the driver they're using.

Maybe I'll just find out once my order arrives. Laughing

Pantaloonie
Pantaloonie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 07:37
Posts: 193
Location: London

Mine arrived this morning.

Not had much time to play with it, but it seems very well made. Clean, well lubed threads and the HA3 finish is the best I've seen on any of my lights. And it throws like a very throwy thing.

tigerfromsiberia
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/29/2011 - 16:34
Posts: 52
Location: Portland, Oregon

Thanks for the update Pantaloonie, looking pretty good so far! waiting to hear more from you to make a final decision.

Hikelite, do you know if the reflector is as deep as the usual C8 or is it more like the Brinyte C8 (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/brinyte-xml-c8-cree-xml-t6-5-mode-6700k-850lm-white-led-flashlight-with-strap-1-18650-55030)? The pill + reflector assembly looks very much like that of the Brinyte C8.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO

tigerfromsiberia wrote:

Hikelite, do you know if the reflector is as deep as the usual C8 or is it more like the Brinyte C8 (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/brinyte-xml-c8-cree-xml-t6-5-mode-6700k-850lm-white-led-flashlight-with-strap-1-18650-55030)? The pill + reflector assembly looks very much like that of the Brinyte C8.

I do not own that flashlight but the reflector looks very shallow. Look at the base of the reflector, compared to the size of the led. The front diameter is the same on all C8 reflector.  That reflector is OP also so it would make a real flooder I guess. Look at the photos of some guys, the LED is mounted behind the reflector. Probably that is because it's too shallow. 1 2

tigerfromsiberia
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/29/2011 - 16:34
Posts: 52
Location: Portland, Oregon

But if you look that the reflector of the XinTD from the front, it appears as deep as any other C8. The flat surface around the LED is not as large as that of the Brinyte, so I guess it is further down the tube.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO

tigerfromsiberia wrote:

But if you look that the reflector of the XinTD from the front, it appears as deep as any other C8. The flat surface around the LED is not as large as that of the Brinyte, so I guess it is further down the tube.

tigerfromsiberia I wasn't talking about the XinTD in my last post. I was talking about the flashlight(Brynite) you have mentioned about and linked.

Read my first post and look at the pictures for XinTD's reflector. There you can see my opinion too.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO

OK, I see that on many forums people think this reflector is short.  The fact is that it has a different construction and it screws down in the pill, which is big, making the reflector look small. Look at the other photos in my first post

 

Here it's one on of my C8 reflectors.

 

Here is the XinTD C8 reflector.

stevetexas
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 week ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 11:29
Posts: 594
Location: Republic of Texas

I looked at the pics and specs once to often Smile

Nice specs too, for about $30 delivered.

My hand crept inexorably toward the Commit to Buy button.....

Next thing I knew, I was getting email from Paypal and the Dealer saying that my light is coming.

Ian2381
Ian2381's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 00:50
Posts: 643
Location: Philippines

Hank from International Outdoor Store is kind enough to provide me with the picture of the driver used.

Anyone have any Idea what type of driver this is?

Thanks

 

brjones
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/03/2011 - 01:58
Posts: 322
Location: USA

I want to say Hank at intl-outdoor.com was also quite helpful to me. I emailed him twice, and both times he sent me different photos which weren't on the product's webpage (although I think they should be). I was meaning to upload them, so I'm glad Hikelite did, thank you.

 

The thing which stood out to me most about this C8 was the VERY rare option of a real non-blink 3 modes High - Medium - Low! I actually held back from the KaiDomain $17 sale (now over) as at this point I'm tired of 'saving money' but getting something which aggravates me in the long run. Strobe with XM-L on high = not fun. And to do that EVERY time to get to the other side of settings.. ugh. I'm not buying a lot of flashlights, and generally spending more on the ones I do, hoping to be happier with the ones I do have (same cost as a bunch of crappy lights).

 

Hank helped me realize that the C8 design intrinsically does not allow for "candle mode" (bare LED, no head or reflector), because the pill is screwed into the head, and the head is 1 piece, apparently (I previously thought some might be 2 pieces). He did, however, send me links to 2 other of his products which COULD do candle mode, AND had 3-mode High-Medium-Low. Unfortunately, those flashlights started at $50 (Balder 1-cell was closest to what I was looking for), and Balder is a little more upscale than what I'm looking at.

 

So I ultimately did not buy their (or anyone else's) C8, but I would have no qualms buying from intl-outdoor.com . It does (without any in-depth reviews yet) seem like the nicest C8 out there: apparently the best finish, the best pill/reflector/head mating I've seen (by far), mode choices. Plus the seller comes right out and say it pulls 2.8 or 3 amps on High. I did put in for a Yezl Y6-X at cnqualitygoods as that did meet my criteria "candle mode + 3-mode no-strobe". I saw the announcement that cnqualitygoods does not do BLF or CPF discount anymore, but they have lowered their prices a lot, to everyone. Right now, Y6X is only $25, and I thought shipping would be like $10, but no, they have a cheap $2.50 shipping option (from China) I hadn't been aware of. And for that matter, Ric at cnqualitygoods did facilitate my purchase as well, and was contactable. The Y6 reflector seems a little different than C8 (a little narrower but a little deepr, seems like a fuller parabola--not like I know what I'm talking about), but what difference it actually makes to the beam, we shall see.

 

I am glad we seem to have a reputable new seller paying attention to BLF who seems motivated to help people get the info they need to make a good choice.

- Circumcision, regardless gender, by definition causes sensation loss, and thereby usually causes difficulty later in life. Oppose amputation of children's genitals. ALL children. http://tinyurl.com/haszs6o

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO

brjones wrote:

 Plus the seller comes right out and say it pulls 2.8 or 3 amps on High.

Actually that is not the seller's own findings or testing but is the description given from XinTD. I know that because XinTD states that 2.8A on taobao. So it's still the classical manufacturer rated.

how2
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 06/01/2010 - 10:26
Posts: 2416
Location: london

Hikelite wrote:

brjones wrote:

 Plus the seller comes right out and say it pulls 2.8 or 3 amps on High.

Actually that is not the seller's own findings or testing but is the description given from XinTD. I know that because XinTD states that 2.8A on taobao. So it's still the classical manufacturer rated.

Will this light pull 2.8Amps no matter what battery you put in?

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8864
Location: Eastern PA

brjones wrote:

I want to say Hank at intl-outdoor.com was also quite helpful to me. I emailed him twice, and both times he sent me different photos which weren't on the product's webpage (although I think they should be). I was meaning to upload them, so I'm glad Hikelite did, thank you.

 

The thing which stood out to me most about this C8 was the VERY rare option of a real non-blink 3 modes High - Medium - Low! I actually held back from the KaiDomain $17 sale (now over) as at this point I'm tired of 'saving money' but getting something which aggravates me in the long run. Strobe with XM-L on high = not fun. And to do that EVERY time to get to the other side of settings.. ugh. I'm not buying a lot of flashlights, and generally spending more on the ones I do, hoping to be happier with the ones I do have (same cost as a bunch of crappy lights).

 

Hank helped me realize that the C8 design intrinsically does not allow for "candle mode" (bare LED, no head or reflector), because the pill is screwed into the head, and the head is 1 piece, apparently (I previously thought some might be 2 pieces). He did, however, send me links to 2 other of his products which COULD do candle mode, AND had 3-mode High-Medium-Low. Unfortunately, those flashlights started at $50 (Balder 1-cell was closest to what I was looking for), and Balder is a little more upscale than what I'm looking at.

 

So I ultimately did not buy their (or anyone else's) C8, but I would have no qualms buying from intl-outdoor.com . It does (without any in-depth reviews yet) seem like the nicest C8 out there: apparently the best finish, the best pill/reflector/head mating I've seen (by far), mode choices. Plus the seller comes right out and say it pulls 2.8 or 3 amps on High. I did put in for a Yezl Y6-X at cnqualitygoods as that did meet my criteria "candle mode + 3-mode no-strobe". I saw the announcement that cnqualitygoods does not do BLF or CPF discount anymore, but they have lowered their prices a lot, to everyone. Right now, Y6X is only $25, and I thought shipping would be like $10, but no, they have a cheap $2.50 shipping option (from China) I hadn't been aware of. And for that matter, Ric at cnqualitygoods did facilitate my purchase as well, and was contactable. The Y6 reflector seems a little different than C8 (a little narrower but a little deepr, seems like a fuller parabola--not like I know what I'm talking about), but what difference it actually makes to the beam, we shall see.

 

I am glad we seem to have a reputable new seller paying attention to BLF who seems motivated to help people get the info they need to make a good choice.

If you are looking for a C8 type light in size and output that can do candle mode then look no further than a Trustfire F15/MRV with XM-L.  Same reflector used in the C8 lights and same size over all but the pill is screwed into the body and the head screws onto the pill as well.  Think of the pill as a middle body part with external cooling fins.  In candle mode it's insane what it lights up!  I will try to find a link to one since they are hard to find these days.

Edit:  Link to the Lumapower MRV at Manafont.  This replaced the Trustfire version I have from them.  The Trustfire version is hard to find but can still be had from Everbuying.  I have not had bad experience from EB but some have.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO

how2 wrote:

Hikelite wrote:

brjones wrote:

 Plus the seller comes right out and say it pulls 2.8 or 3 amps on High.

Actually that is not the seller's own findings or testing but is the description given from XinTD. I know that because XinTD states that 2.8A on taobao. So it's still the classical manufacturer rated.

Will this light pull 2.8Amps no matter what battery you put in?

There are incapable batteries out there with can't give more than 1A in any flashlight you put them.  So you can answer that yourself.

I do not know what it's draws or how it draws, as I do own one.

how2
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 06/01/2010 - 10:26
Posts: 2416
Location: london

What I'm trying to say is that if I put in a panasonic and Sanyo battery will it got DD, and pull over 3Amps?

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO

how2 wrote:

What I'm trying to say is that if I put in a panasonic and Sanyo battery will it got DD, and pull over 3Amps?

I can only guess that it's not going to go over. 

I know that the the 2.8A description and HID part is the manufacturer description so take it with a pinch of salt.

Kokopelli
Kokopelli's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/17/2010 - 08:05
Posts: 1162
Location: Turkey

I once had modified an XRE C8 To XML and saw that deep reflector didn't work that well for XML. Due to wider beam XML seems to need wider reflectors but not necessarily narrower. It may be a studied change they made here in XinTD C8. My XML C2 throws better than my C8, for instance.

 

Oh, and welcome to the forum !! Smile

agedbriar
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/09/2011 - 18:11
Posts: 642
Location: Slovenia, EU

I have two pairs of lights, one pair fitted with XM-L emitters, the other with XR-E.

In each pair, one reflector is the standard C8 size, the other one is C8 width, but deeper. Both the deeper ones create a considerably wider/brighter corona around the hotspot. To what expense (hotspot or outer spill brightness) the wider corona is created, I cannot exactly tell, as I can't match each pair in terms of current draw.

The once so popular UF 980L is a good (rather extreme) example of the above. Its reflector width is standard C8, while depth is less than 26mm. From the published beamshots it would appear that the hotspot is pretty wide, but there is practically no corona.

It's everybody's choice. For walks, I like the broad corona of my Manta Ray XM-L (deeper reflector).

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO

ANTI-NOWHERE-LEAGUE wrote:

Hi Kokopelli, 

We have a property in Turkey, it is high up near Marmaris overlooking the ocean, last visit it was 45 degrees celcius! I spend the days in the swimming pool to survive! The nearest neighbour is a nice Turkish lady who works in television. We are almost known well enough now not to be hustled by ALL the guys on the streets in the town as we bought it seven years ago - some carry on for anyone not used to it, "cheaper than Tesco and ASDA price"....ha!.....The size of the spiders gets me and the tortoises, lizards and hummingbirds etc. in the garden are amazing.

I just measured the current draw on the three new arrival UF spec. XM-L C8 torches i mentioned and they are all between 2.85-2.87 amps with fresh Xtar 2600 measured with a Graupner clamp meter. I thought they would be around that figure from the beam quality and temperatures.Cool

What I personally have found with Hank Wang is that he has great command of English and his operation is at that stage where he is willing to give personal and sentient responses to customers, that is a rare commodity. I communicated with him several times last night and made an order for a number of goodies about which he had sent me additional info and photos, I like the way he responds naturally to my humour with humour of his own - in my book that is called an education!

Interestingly another Shenzhen supplier today mentioned to me that Chinese customs are causing delays at the moment with electrical exports checking, anyone heard similar?

M.

This supplier is not from Shenzhen.

Kokopelli
Kokopelli's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/17/2010 - 08:05
Posts: 1162
Location: Turkey

Hi, 

What a coincidence. We would almost get a house there from Dalaman. The dealer showed us some houses and many were from England or Germany. Marmaris is a great place to live. We stayed at an hotel next to the airport, TermeMaris and it had a great cure with both hot water and clay. Have you seen the huge Nile turtles in the water? They say the water at that region gave them twice the life they could live and there are hundreds of them!!

Nice to know a neighbor here. Well we're up in the north, in Istanbul, but I hope we'll eventually get a home there. 

Seckin

 

 

 

ANTI-NOWHERE-LEAGUE wrote:

Hi Kokopelli, 

We have a property in Turkey, it is high up near Marmaris overlooking the ocean, last visit it was 45 degrees celcius! I spend the days in the swimming pool to survive! The nearest neighbour is a nice Turkish lady who works in television. We are almost known well enough now not to be hustled by ALL the guys on the streets in the town as we bought it seven years ago - some carry on for anyone not used to it, "cheaper than Tesco and ASDA price"....ha!.....The size of the spiders gets me and the tortoises, lizards and hummingbirds etc. in the garden are amazing.

...

fnsooner
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/20/2011 - 18:49
Posts: 456
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Well, I just pulled the trigger on this light. Believe it or not, I have yet to buy any of the c8 lights since I started hanging out here. I was already looking at these Panasonic 3100mAh protected batteries. http://www.intl-outdoor.com/panasonic-ncr18650a-3100mah-liion-battery-p-213.html I bought two. I am thinking that this battery would be similar to the AW version. Of course, thinking always got me in trouble.

 

 

stevetexas
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 week ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 11:29
Posts: 594
Location: Republic of Texas

This was my second order from International Outdoor.

The first one took 11 days to deliver.  This one took 13 days.  The packages came registered and had to be signed for.

The flashlight is about .5 inch longer and heavier all over than the Ultrafire and KD C8s.

My KD C8 is noticeably brighter than the XinTD, however, the XinTD is still quite bright.

I measured tailcap Amps on both with a fresh Xtar 2600.

The XinTD light drew 2.4A and the KD C8 drew 3.3A

By comparison, my Trustfire X9 draws 2.8A with the same battery and blows away the C8 style lights for throw.

 

 

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO

ANTI-NOWHERE-LEAGUE, most of the flashlights on this planet are made in Shenzhen, there are few flashlight manufacturing companies that are not from Shenzhen. My statement was only regarding the location of the Intl-Outdoor, not the location where the products are manufactured.

edc
edc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 01/16/2011 - 02:28
Posts: 3300
Location: NSW AUSTRALIA

How did I miss those c8 holsters!

 

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums

fnsooner
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/20/2011 - 18:49
Posts: 456
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

stevetexas wrote:

 

My KD C8 is noticeably brighter than the XinTD, however, the XinTD is still quite bright.

I measured tailcap Amps on both with a fresh Xtar 2600.

The XinTD light drew 2.4A and the KD C8 drew 3.3A

By comparison, my Trustfire X9 draws 2.8A with the same battery and blows away the C8 style lights for throw.

 

 

If I get 2.4A out of it, it will be OK. I can't have everything direct drive. I have been wanting a C8 size light, but was holding out for a 3-mode. Hopefully this light will turn out to be a good sturdy general purpose light that I am not afraid to let someone else use.

edc wrote:

How did I miss those c8 holsters!

Me too. I saw them last night after my order was already made. I also forgot that International Outdoors carried the battery carrier that supposedly fits the Dry. If I didn't have my head up my "you know where", I would have ordered a couple of holsters and a spare carrier.

I just got my shipping notice. I will see how this order goes and probably get the holsters and carrier next time.

 
how2
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 9 months ago
Joined: 06/01/2010 - 10:26
Posts: 2416
Location: london

ANTI-NOWHERE-LEAGUE wrote:

l

I got a brand new 5200mAh laptop battery off the bay through the post today for silly money....99p and £3.00 post! I'm off now to make it worth something to me, hope it's got nice juicy Sanyo's or Samsungs in there!

Link please

fnsooner
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/20/2011 - 18:49
Posts: 456
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

ANTI-NOWHERE-LEAGUE wrote:

 Thing is the holsters carry free shipping so just score a few anyway to make it worthwhile for Hank.

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/c8-flashlight-holster-p-258.html

I might do that. I hate wasting money, even Hanks, e.g., sending a ten dollar order across the ocean just because I can. I do want the holsters and battery carrier though.

fnsooner
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/20/2011 - 18:49
Posts: 456
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

delete

janko.hrasko
janko.hrasko's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/12/2011 - 12:51
Posts: 623
Location: Kosice, Slovakia

that ebay alternative is driven only 1.4A and probably worse quality

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3620
Location: RO

That is a C10 model. 

There are dozens of C8 and several C10 designs on the market, so there are plenty of "alternatives".

There's isn't a runtime advantage in the 1.4A since the ones driven at 3A can be used on medium for the same output, (50% of 3A).  

Pages