The SYNIOSBEAM - CFT90 recoil thrower

429 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3960
Location: Vancouver, Canada

nottawhackjob wrote:

Meh. Color me neutral white impressed when he gets that kind of output from a AAA penlight. I think he’s sandbagging us.

Shocked


I have an AAA penlight coming in the mail, first one I’ll own.
BVH
BVH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 07/28/2017 - 18:43
Posts: 124

Speaking of the cooling system, it immediately begins spreading it’s warmth fairly symmetrically around the 1/4” thick x 12” Aluminum tube shell. It is surprising to me how much heat is being transferred and how quickly considering that the shell is a full quarter-inch thick.

WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3960
Location: Vancouver, Canada

I used an entire huge 20g tube of MX4 to sink the copper coil to the body Silly
I was surprised at how warm the body gets under load, definitely can’t run a 200W LED in this recoil configuration with anything other than liquid cooling.

nottawhackjob
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/07/2013 - 14:13
Posts: 937

Enderman wrote:
nottawhackjob wrote:

Meh. Color me neutral white impressed when he gets that kind of output from a AAA penlight. I think he’s sandbagging us.

Shocked


I have an AAA penlight coming in the mail, first one I’ll own.

After yer done modding it remember not to point it at aircraft flying below 40,000 feet.

Best if ya keep it 1xAAA as a sorta built in output governor, Governor. Cover yer eyes too. Facepalm

“In many things in order to truly understand the small picture you have to understand the big picture first.”

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3960
Location: Vancouver, Canada

nottawhackjob wrote:

After yer done modding it remember not to point it at aircraft flying below 40,000 feet.

Best if ya keep it 1xAAA as a sorta built in output governor, Governor. Cover yer eyes too. Facepalm

Big Smile
LouieAtienza
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/17/2018 - 15:15
Posts: 593
Location: New York

This has to be one of the most awesome and entertaining build threads ever… great work and design, it has been an inspiration…

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 3960
Location: Vancouver, Canada

LouieAtienza wrote:
This has to be one of the most awesome and entertaining build threads ever… great work and design, it has been an inspiration…

Thank you! Smile
Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 12227
Location: LI NY

Wow, just Wow!! Don't have time to find all the specs and pics though. This is a big thread.

Pages