Review: TrustFire X6 SST-90
Reviewer's Overall Rating: ★★★☆☆
|Battery:||3 x 18650|
|Modes:||5, Hi - Med - Low - Strobe - SOS|
|LED/Output:||Luminus SST-90 / 2300 Lumen (WM Emitter)|
|Lens/Reflector:||Glass Lens / Smooth Aluminium reflector|
|Price paid:||US$ 134.99|
|Date Ordered:||September 2011|
DIMENSIONS / WEIGHT:
- Head Diameter: 80 mm
- Total Length: 35.2 cm
- Weight: 827 grams (without battery)
- BIG smooth reflector
- Great heatsink and heat transfer
- Big, if you like large heavy-weight flashlights
- Good build quality and finish
- Very bright
- Comes with carry strap, where you can sore some extra batteries
- Vanilla tint I think, not too warm and not like 1A (don't have a 3D tint to compare)
- Very under-driven, it comes at 5 amps, and with this heatsink it should be driven at 10 amps
- Too long for my taste, I would like a fatty 3x18650
- Inefficient driver, around 70% (at 28W Output, Input is 40W)
Light Output: ★★★★★
This flashlight is a great thrower and also a great flooder!
Don't have beamshots, but a quick comparison: a P60 with XM-L@3.5A at 60 meters, is as bright as the X6@7A at 170 meters.
Great flashlight if you mod the driver, great build quality, excellent for throwing, good heat transfer ability.
A few pictures: [Link to high quality gallery]
Note: Driver is modded with some extra SMD resistors to get higher output, so wires to the LED were re-soldered.
And... finally, that's me
EDIT July 31 2012: Added "SST-90" in the title