[GB] JetuE17A/JetuE21A/Jetusolis

130 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia
[GB] JetuE17A/JetuE21A/Jetusolis

I received lots of PM if I would put them back to the store or not. I rather hesitant for some reasons, but we’ll see about it. So I create this interest thread to gauge if it’s feasible to make complete JetuE17A/JetuE21A/Jetusolis instead of offering only the upgrade kit. Please open the Gsheet below and write down your comment. Up to this point no commitment needed. If there are enough interests, then we’ll proceed with the payment. My goal is to get at least 60pcs complete built requests, otherwise I will only sell the upgrade kit.

I’m still trying to get lower price from Jetbeam. In the mean time, please use listed price in the Gsheet.

NOTE:

  • All newer Jet-Us are G-L-U-E-D. So you know what to expect. Otherwise I would ask for cheaper modding cost.
  • JetuE17A/JetuE21A kit contains 3pcs (10°, 20°, 30°) 10mm textured TIR lens and LED module only. You have to make the optic holder yourself to suit E17A and E21A.
  • Jetusolis kit contains 1pc 10mm textured 30° 10mm TIR lens and LED module only
  • For those capable of simple soldering and already own the JetuE17A/JetuE21A/Jetusolis, I suggest to get the modules instead.
  • To save shipping cost, I suggest to combine several orders to one shipping address. I will ship it without OEM packaging to save cost. Of course this will only benefits those with more than 1pc flashlight orders since the minimum shipping weight is 100gr.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17pGoUhNGeATK3s43g26LyMyJDAR06vn9...

UPDATE 190417: 60pcs MOQ reached!
I will update the Gsheet with payment detail amount in the rightmost column tomorrow. To simplify shipping, fix shipping rate at $8,5 for international orders and $3 for local orders up to 100gr/packet weight will be used. Normally, cheapest is to US at $8,9.
———————
UPDATE 190418: Payment period started
Please review your order and contact me via: virence.op@gmail.com if there’s something wrong or needs to be corrected. I will place the order after all orders in the list paid. The payment waiting time is 2 weeks max. (until 190501), can be faster depending on the total payment completion.
———————
Pay to: virence.op@gmail.com
- Please mention your nickname used in the listing on the Paypal note
- NOTE: If after 2 weeks more than 5% of listed orders canceled/not paid, I will cancel the GB and refund all the payments
———————
UPDATE 190501: Interest List is now closed limited to max 100pcs.
I will prepare the order in few hours. It will take about two weeks for the goods to arrive and (hopefully) another two weeks for completion. All kit only orders will be processed first.
———————
UPDATE 190503:
- Order placed to Jetbeam.
- 5% discount for all orders above $100 will be given this week as partial refund.

[Clemence]

Edited by: clemence on 05/07/2019 - 03:48
iosala
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2018 - 07:58
Posts: 42
Location: Romania

Comment subminted, for one Jetusolis and all the lenses.
Thank you!

optosolis
optosolis's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 12/23/2012 - 19:53
Posts: 1064
Location: London, United Kingdom

the e17a red. what led is that?.
I have a ZL AA ‘Photo Red’ maybe XPE led I think.
this better?

complete build AAA right?.
thanks.

Okluma DC2 Ti, Virence AT Wizard Pro E21A Quadtrix 6500/5000k Mixed 9080, Jetusolis 6500k 9080, JetE21A 4000k 9080, JetE21A ‘Red’ HCRI Led.

Buzzy243
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 04/13/2017 - 08:43
Posts: 32
Location: USA

I missed out on the first batch of these you offered, I’m definitely interested! Comment submitted.

But posting this on April 1st? Don’t do this to me, Clemence!

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia

It wass April 2nd in my time zone

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 2007
Location: Crowdifornia

we are sooo behind the times over here on the Western Hemisphere.. LOL!

nobody
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2019 - 04:58
Posts: 79
Location: In the dark

Submitted – I think

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia

FYI: all newer Jet-Us are G-L-U-E-D. So you know what to expect. Otherwise I would ask for cheaper modding cost.

Also:
JetuE17A/JetuE21A kit contains 3pcs (10°, 20°, 30°) 10mm textured TIR lens and LED module only. You have to make the optic holder yourself to suit E17A and E21A.
Jetusolis kit contains 1pc 10mm textured 30° 10mm TIR lens and LED module only

[Clemence]

adam7027
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 13:54
Posts: 384
Location: EU (Hu)

I commented row #5. Probably this is minimum commitment (it can be 1 or 2 more, not decided yet).

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia

For those capable of simple soldering and already own the JetuE17A/JetuE21A/Jetusolis, I suggest to try the modules instead.

[Clemence]

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia

optosolis wrote:
the e17a red. what led is that?.
I have a ZL AA ‘Photo Red’ maybe XPE led I think.
this better?

complete build AAA right?.
thanks.

E17A use phosphor converted red. It has much wider spectrum coverage than normal narrow band color LED. We can say that this PC color LED has higher “CRI”. Under monochromatic narrow band LED, only limited colors close to the emitted spectrum show color, everything else will be very dark or black. Under PC LED, you see more colors.

[Clemence]

optosolis
optosolis's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 12/23/2012 - 19:53
Posts: 1064
Location: London, United Kingdom

thank you, –

clemence wrote:
optosolis wrote:
the e17a red. what led is that?.
I have a ZL AA ‘Photo Red’ maybe XPE led I think.
this better?

complete build AAA right?.
thanks.

E17A use phosphor converted red. It has much wider spectrum coverage than normal narrow band color LED. We can say that this PC color LED has higher “CRI”. Under monochromatic narrow band LED, only limited colors close to the emitted spectrum show color, everything else will be very dark or black. Under PC LED, you see more colors.

[Clemence]

Okluma DC2 Ti, Virence AT Wizard Pro E21A Quadtrix 6500/5000k Mixed 9080, Jetusolis 6500k 9080, JetE21A 4000k 9080, JetE21A ‘Red’ HCRI Led.

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4113
Location: Ślōnsk

Clemence, I’m not in but I’d like to let you know that I can’t edit the spreadsheet (wanted to sum things up). It may be because I don’t have a google account?

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia
Agro wrote:
Clemence, I’m not in but I’d like to let you know that I can’t edit the spreadsheet (wanted to sum things up). It may be because I don’t have a google account?

Anyone can only put comment on it

adam7027
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 13:54
Posts: 384
Location: EU (Hu)
Agro wrote:
Clemence, I’m not in but I’d like to let you know that I can’t edit the spreadsheet (wanted to sum things up). It may be because I don’t have a google account?

Right clicking on each table cell to add a comment still works.

Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 4113
Location: Ślōnsk

Ah, OK.

xenotar80
Offline
Last seen: 35 min 54 sec ago
Joined: 03/16/2019 - 00:58
Posts: 39

yay, in for at least 10 complete :d

lumenzilla
lumenzilla's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 06/09/2015 - 04:18
Posts: 666
Location: DIY, Indonesia

In.

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia

lumenzilla wrote:
In.
checked your comment but couldn’t find which type

[Clemence]

id30209
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 81
Location: Croatia

IN!
One of each.

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia
id30209 wrote:
IN! One of each.

Please comment on the Gsheet

id30209
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 81
Location: Croatia
clemence wrote:
id30209 wrote:
IN! One of each.

Please comment on the Gsheet


Request submited
clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia

34pcs finished lights orders so far….

Euroken
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/04/2018 - 19:21
Posts: 3

If I already have a Jet u, is it difficult to use the kit to mod the head? You mention that the head is glued. Wondering if I should commit to getting a full build or just a kit…Thank you in advance.

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia
Euroken wrote:
If I already have a Jet u, is it difficult to use the kit to mod the head? You mention that the head is glued. Wondering if I should commit to getting a full build or just a kit…Thank you in advance.

Only newer Jet-U glued. And the glue used is something similar to UHU, semi opaque whitish hard cured. Jetbeam glue the optic holder and the pill. Heat will soften it. Don’t use solvents unless you have something safe for all the components inside. IPA, gasoline, MEK, acetone, will destroy either the LED, lens, or the PCB masking.
To make E17A or E21A outputs as they should be, you have to modify the white optic holder to compensate thinner E17A/E21A LED height (0,35mm). The optic holder modification alone increase E21A output from 65lm to 79lm.

[Clemence]

noboneshotdog
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 05/12/2012 - 08:47
Posts: 533
Location: Hudson, New Hampshire

I’m in!

I tried to use the gsheet but I had no success. If someone wants to write my name and I’d appreciate that.

Thier ain’t no bones in a hot dog. F. York

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia

noboneshotdog wrote:
I’m in!

I tried to use the gsheet but I had no success. If someone wants to write my name and I’d appreciate that.

Fixed, but you haven’t commented with your desired type/quantity.

[Clemence]

iamlucky13
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 51 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 09:18
Posts: 445
Location: USA
clemence wrote:
Euroken wrote:
If I already have a Jet u, is it difficult to use the kit to mod the head? You mention that the head is glued. Wondering if I should commit to getting a full build or just a kit…Thank you in advance.

Only newer Jet-U glued. And the glue used is something similar to UHU, semi opaque whitish hard cured. Jetbeam glue the optic holder and the pill. Heat will soften it. Don’t use solvents unless you have something safe for all the components inside. IPA, gasoline, MEK, acetone, will destroy either the LED, lens, or the PCB masking.
To make E17A or E21A outputs as they should be, you have to modify the white optic holder to compensate thinner E17A/E21A LED height (0,35mm). The optic holder modification alone increase E21A output from 65lm to 79lm.

[Clemence]

This is good information. Do you think you’ll be able to write an application note about using the kits so this and any similar information about modding with the kits will be easy to find on your site?

noboneshotdog
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 05/12/2012 - 08:47
Posts: 533
Location: Hudson, New Hampshire

clemence wrote:
noboneshotdog wrote:
I’m in!

I tried to use the gsheet but I had no success. If someone wants to write my name and I’d appreciate that.

Fixed, but you haven’t commented with your desired type/quantity.

[Clemence]

Sorry. I suck. 1 4500k complete light

Thier ain’t no bones in a hot dog. F. York

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 2007
Location: Crowdifornia

used the google.doc to order 1 JetuSolis 6500k complete build, plus 1 JetuE17a green complete build

clemence
clemence's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 07/12/2015 - 02:58
Posts: 2116
Location: Bali - Indonesia
iamlucky13 wrote:
clemence wrote:
Euroken wrote:
If I already have a Jet u, is it difficult to use the kit to mod the head? You mention that the head is glued. Wondering if I should commit to getting a full build or just a kit…Thank you in advance.

Only newer Jet-U glued. And the glue used is something similar to UHU, semi opaque whitish hard cured. Jetbeam glue the optic holder and the pill. Heat will soften it. Don’t use solvents unless you have something safe for all the components inside. IPA, gasoline, MEK, acetone, will destroy either the LED, lens, or the PCB masking.
To make E17A or E21A outputs as they should be, you have to modify the white optic holder to compensate thinner E17A/E21A LED height (0,35mm). The optic holder modification alone increase E21A output from 65lm to 79lm.

[Clemence]

This is good information. Do you think you’ll be able to write an application note about using the kits so this and any similar information about modding with the kits will be easy to find on your site?

I did, but mostly scattered in this thread: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/62933

[Clemence]

Pages