[♛ FreemeGB] ASTROLUX FT03S SBT90.2 4500lm 1428m 26650/ 21700/ 18650 Flashlight

1213 posts / 0 new
Last post
JamesB
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 14:43
Posts: 955
Location: France

Would be super nice to have a choice of colors other than black grey and the whole tacticool palette.

Something in the blue/green spectrum Love

t-soung
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 days ago
Joined: 07/27/2015 - 18:05
Posts: 16
Location: Germany

Interested!

Brinkmann
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 06/09/2018 - 19:40
Posts: 35

Interested

Flying Luminosity
Flying Luminosity's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 days ago
Joined: 09/12/2017 - 13:33
Posts: 628
Location: UK

JamesB wrote:
Would be super nice to have a choice of colors other than black grey and the whole tacticool palette.

Something in the blue/green spectrum Love

I like blue as well, but ony if it’s the very dark ‘midnight blue’ kind. That would look amazing with a solid steel bezel!

JamesB
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 08/24/2011 - 14:43
Posts: 955
Location: France

Looks great in midnight blue.

I’d love something like that

robzr
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/26/2019 - 19:02
Posts: 1
Location: Portland, OR

Interested/reserved

Matchoo
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 10/24/2015 - 20:07
Posts: 124
Location: California

interested

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4644
Location: USA
freeme wrote:

They suggested RED but i am not sure if it will be well-accepted…


What you guys think? I prefer neutral tone like grey or sand.


 


Th558 wrote:
freeme wrote:

Will find out soon.


KawiBoy1428 wrote:
Definitely interested… Can you find out what Bin they are using? Want one to compare to my FT03 90.2 !{width:100%}https://i.postimg.cc/cJhZMmLB/IMG-1248.jpg!

Is there gonna be a different colour or only black?

Id be in for a red one, assuming its a nice deep red quality finish… and NOT the thin washed out red ano we see on many cheap lights.

Im also interested in the emittter bin code, so thanks for asking.

Will you or someone else receive a test sample to confirm reliability, quality, amps, lux, lumens, focus, etc? I ask because there is much that can and will go wrong if the driver is not robust. Would also like to know how well the reflector focuses this emitter and how it compares to the SST40 version.

Cereal_killer
Cereal_killer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/22/2013 - 13:10
Posts: 4005
Location: Ohio

$30 host + $35 led should put this about $65 right? I’d be in for a colored one at that price.

 RIP  SPC Joey Riley, KIA 11/24/14. Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

leftdisconnected
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 11/03/2018 - 17:41
Posts: 429
Location: United States

KawiBoy1428 wrote:
Want one to compare to my FT03 90.2



Have you discussed your swap elsewhere? I’d be interested in hearing more about it, what cell you’re using, how you like it, shots/specs, if any, etc. I did a quick search and came up blank, so sorry if I’ve missed it somewhere.

RobAllen

KgaBombadier
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 01/06/2018 - 09:51
Posts: 18
Location: Lower Saxony, Germany

Interested

California_Prepper
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 02/23/2019 - 13:25
Posts: 382

Grey or fde sound awesome.

Snakepit
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 01/06/2019 - 06:37
Posts: 8
Location: Germany

Interested

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 21 sec ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 4156
Location: The Motor City

leftdisconnected wrote:
KawiBoy1428 wrote:
Want one to compare to my FT03 90.2



Have you discussed your swap elsewhere? I’d be interested in hearing more about it, what cell you’re using, how you like it, shots/specs, if any, etc. I did a quick search and came up blank, so sorry if I’ve missed it somewhere.


Start at post #8329 http://budgetlightforum.com/node/43980?page=277#comment-1592079

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

A_M_K
A_M_K's picture
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 08/22/2016 - 06:20
Posts: 184

Definitely interested, if the price is reasonable. But it must perform/throw noticeably better than the SST40 version to justify the ridiculous ~25Amps draw, the terrible battery life and potential overheating issues. Thumbs Up Beer

freeme
freeme's picture
Online
Last seen: 11 min 54 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 8630

@Theodore41 Your entry is here.

FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4644
Location: USA

KawiBoy1428 wrote:
leftdisconnected wrote:
KawiBoy1428 wrote:
Want one to compare to my FT03 90.2



Have you discussed your swap elsewhere? I’d be interested in hearing more about it, what cell you’re using, how you like it, shots/specs, if any, etc. I did a quick search and came up blank, so sorry if I’ve missed it somewhere.


Start at post #8329 http://budgetlightforum.com/node/43980?page=277#comment-1592079

Thanks Kawi!

So your FT03 with a De-domed SST-40 = 1780lm @ 305kcd

After SBT90.2 swap…………………….. = 4990lm @ 355kcd

Although the swap increased intensity by 50 kcd, most of the addition lumens went into the spill beam and not downrange. Is that about right? As you mentioned, the reflector doesn’t seem optimized for the 90.2. I think we should hold off buying this light until someone can test a sample and confirm that adequate changes were actually made to make use of the 90.2. Seems a disappointment right now. Glad you tested it!

Th558
Th558's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 41 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 861
Location: United Kingdom

@KawiBoy1428 Did you have any throw numbers before the dedome? You’re numbers seem a bit low. Could just be the meter you’re using. Two other users measured 357/367 kcd after dedoming.

Natewar
Natewar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 10/22/2019 - 20:52
Posts: 88
Location: Pennsylvania,usa

Interested

Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 6098
Location: Ślōnsk

FlashPilot wrote:
KawiBoy1428 wrote:
leftdisconnected wrote:
KawiBoy1428 wrote:
Want one to compare to my FT03 90.2



Have you discussed your swap elsewhere? I’d be interested in hearing more about it, what cell you’re using, how you like it, shots/specs, if any, etc. I did a quick search and came up blank, so sorry if I’ve missed it somewhere.


Start at post #8329 http://budgetlightforum.com/node/43980?page=277#comment-1592079

Thanks Kawi!

So your FT03 with a De-domed SST-40 = 1780lm @ 305kcd

After SBT90.2 swap…………………….. = 4990lm @ 355kcd

Although the swap increased intensity by 50 kcd, most of the addition lumens went into the spill beam and not downrange. Is that about right? As you mentioned, the reflector doesn’t seem optimized for the 90.2. I think we should hold off buying this light until someone can test a sample and confirm that adequate changes were actually made to make use of the 90.2. Seems a disappointment right now. Glad you tested it!

!https://i.postimg.cc/mkzs4WNm/IMG-1245.jpg!


Lumen increase in the beam should be almost proportional to that of the spill. So with small improvement in cd and big lm – the beam ought to be much fatter.
KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 21 sec ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 4156
Location: The Motor City

Th558 wrote:
@KawiBoy1428 Did you have any throw numbers before the dedome? You’re numbers seem a bit low. Could just be the meter you’re using. Two other users measured 357/367 kcd after dedoming.

Yea well this is a direct comparison, stock lights with emitter changes, stock centering rings, no shimming for focus, both done at 5meters. I’m sure I could tweak both lights to get more, but it’s not worth my time with little lights…not like my GT and GT70 with real (not shaved) de-domed E4 XHP-35 and de-dome XHP-70.2….where I spent countless hours on… Wink

You could add 50kcd to the 90.2 355kcd and it’s still not that impressive….over other peoples de-domed SST40’s… By the way is this not a good meter?

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

Th558
Th558's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 41 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 861
Location: United Kingdom

Performance is around the same as a TN40 v2. I guess they could get a bit more out of it if they tried but it still seems pretty good for it’s size and price. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Maybe the actual production version will perform better.

BillyBobJoe
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 03/11/2019 - 15:16
Posts: 210
Location: Western USA

I wouldn’t mind a deep red color.

skyandsand
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 03/31/2011 - 16:20
Posts: 15
Location: Croatia

Interested

_ecstazy_
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/11/2017 - 07:57
Posts: 4
Location: Slovenia

Interested

Th558
Th558's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 41 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 861
Location: United Kingdom

Mateminco sent me these LOL SBT90.2 white and red.




A_M_K
A_M_K's picture
Offline
Last seen: 47 min 57 sec ago
Joined: 08/22/2016 - 06:20
Posts: 184

These photos does look promising, even though they are overexposed. But we need an honest head to head comparison with FT03 SST40 Wink

dong98a
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/09/2018 - 04:13
Posts: 3
Location: Korea busan

interested

korean leading gearguy

oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 1063
Location: Sydney AU

If it’s an actual RED and not the washed-out red that was on the MF01S, then hell yeah.

indenial
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 12:36
Posts: 479
Location: San Jose

Interested…

My name is indy, and I've been a flashaholic since 2004.

Pages