20700 Batteries What is real?

Cool, looks like the 20700A has the same IR as the lowest IR 18650s (like the VTC5A).

It will probably be 21700 batteries eventually, so i think we can forget about widening 18650 tubes.
3X AAA lights will become much more interesting as hosts.

Looking at HKJ comparator the 20700 does not seems as good as there, for the initial 500mAh at 20A

20700 are too new to have a proper sticker already mass produced.
so the 3500 sticker got used mainly for the do not short this warning.
and possibly to satisfy some shipping regulation for li-ion.
its nothing i would be concerned about.

You did the chart for the NCR20700B the high amp rated cell is the NCR20700A

You are right texas shooter

I have been running them in my modded UT02 and they pull every bit as good as my VTC5A’s do and better than most of my 26650’s as far as peak amp pull, using the UNI-T and Fluke36 clamp meter’s. I purchased them at IMR with the 15% BLF discount.

Thanks for the report. These 20700 cells look like good options. But for 26650 lights it’s hard to beat the liitokala 26650s. 5000mAh and low IR, though not as low as the 20700A.

Late last year we put together several different styles of 18650 size lights that will accept a commercial P-60 drop in with a reflector as well as one of our custom drop ins that can be used with antything from a single LED to triples, or quads with optics. We are scooting that up to this new 20700 battery. If I can catch up, it will be a neat project as we will have heads, bodies and tails that can all be swapped around. I hope to have our site finished soon showing these off a little. The 20700 should make the lights much better in several ways.
TL

Rufus….

I agree Rufus, nothing like tin foil lights !! :wink: I just can’t make myself build them that thin. TL

When I make one into a woody it gets that thin (.4-.5mm) but then it gets doubled up with brass which is a bit tougher. I wouldn’t want to try and machine it that way though.

I just got my 20700’s from Illumination Supply and they have the same 18650 3.7V 3500 mAh safety sticker on them.
They measure right at 20.1mm’s in diameter and 70.36mm’s long.

Dadgum y’all! I had to get a couple of these 20700’s and see how they fare, of course I had to pick up a 2A 2 channel charger while I was in there at IMR Batteries, good thing they still have that BLF15 discount coupon going on… :wink: Do y’all realize you can get an Xtar 2 bay charger that will charge any cell, up to 32650, and up to 2A charge rate, on sale for $24 and the 15% coupon takes off even more? Pretty sweet deal they’re giving us over there in H-town if you ask me! (XTar SV-2 Rapid Charger)

A friend is chomping at the bit for me to carve out a twisty as compact as possible, so why not use the 20700 instead of 18650? I mean, it’s not all that much larger and the run time difference will be significant, right? We’ll see.

Did you get the 20700A or 20700B??

And yep, I picked up one of those XTAR SV2’s when they had the ‘Black Friday’ sales going on for $20. (code would not work during sale)
Pretty nice charger too. 2 x 2A is pretty sweet too. :wink:

I bought 2 of the NCR20700B’s more for duration. Still think of the battery as an NCR18650GA +25%. The NCR20700A is rated for 30 amp continuous run. Can’t even imagine the switch. Can imagine the arcing, erosion, melted springs, and smell of Ozone.

I went with the B, for the capacity. It does all the amps possibly necessary for a single emitter application… even if that single emitter should turn out to be an SBT70! :slight_smile:

Dang You Hide Dale!!! :beer: Just had to show that link didn’t ya!!! HAD TO!!! Couldn’t turn that down. Ordered one. I just ….when I ordered the batteries got the newest I4 charger. I looked at it… read some on it and thought “I just want to charge batteries… not fly the space shuttle”. Now I’ll just have to figure out what to do with that I4 once the other one arrives.

THANKS… I think!! :stuck_out_tongue: TL

I’ve got some D size NiMH cells and of course a couple of three dozen AA LSD NiMH so it’s nice to have a charger out and handy that I can charge up whatever cell needs it. I’ve got the big Trustfire TR-J20 with 3 32650’s that have 6000mAh capacity, they need that 2A charge rate as it takes forever to fill em back up. (They drain pretty fast, however!)

Had an eye exam today and the tech was like, gonna shine a bright light in your eyes… Huh? That’s not bright! lol I told her about accidentally turning on a 15,000 lumen light in my face. Recoil, like a Sherman Tank!

LOL, I gave a great demonstration today on why you ALWAYS treat a gun as if it was loaded.

I finally finished building all the lights I currently own and was sorting batteries and making sure all the cells were fully charged before putting them all back away (all, ~100 of them it seems after the “family picture”).

Well the family was looking at the lights laying everywhere and they asked which one was brightest, so I grabbed the 17,000 lumen SRK and was telling them how it worked. When during this I was looking down at the LED’s and mindlessly clicked the button as I thought the batteries were out of it charging.

Well, they were still in there and I got 17k lumens right in the eyeballs.

I just sat there dumbfounded for a few seconds as it set it what had happens. I come back to the world to the sounds of everyone laughing their butts off at what I did. I saw stars for quite some time after that and it was a good lesson for everyone about why you always treat guns as if they are loaded.

But how could you not tell the batteries were inside from the weight?

These are my modded SRK with super thick shelves, without batteries they don’t weigh a whole lot less then a normal cheap SRK with cells.

Plus I was just grabbing light after light showing them off (which is hard to do when all the cells are charging), I was thinking more about keeping them interested in my hobby and getting to show off my lights then if it was too heavy lol.

I was also focused on trying to see which LED’s were in this one as I have so many I loose track of them.

Took a head count today and turns out I just joined the century club, just over 100 lights :partying_face: