20700 Batteries What is real?

Nice :slight_smile:

I did that just yesterday in my shop!!! WHAP! Now, go set tools! Yeah, right!!! I couldn’t even find my coffee cup, much less set tools up! Sure makes ya feel smart!!!
TL

TexLumens,

Keep us up to date about the 20700 P60 host project. I’d be in a single cell and a 2X host.

I’ll do that! Thanks. If I can steal a few minutes from a machine today, we will have a test part or two done. :wink:

Many Thanks for the interest…these should be good!! TL

Yeah Dan, forgot to say I’d like one of what you’re making… give me a chance to hot rod a true Blue TexasLumens light and put the Boots to the metal, as it were :wink:

Ok, y’all remember the old screw in pill style C8 that I put an XP-L W2 2B in and it made over 2000 lumens? Tonight I bored the tube for the Sanyo 20700 cell. Fits! :smiley: Now I get to see what this new W2 2B can REALLY do! :wink:

Edit: I got the higher capacity “B” cell, it does 6.01A for 1704 lumens. My original readings with a top 18650 were 6.67A for 2032 lumens as I recall, so this B cell is up there but not surpassing the top 18650.

Still highly impressive and just think what the A cells would do.

I managed to get the internals for the head (both ends) programmed and cut a pair. Today… the bezel and tail cap. I may incorporate some help and see if I can do at least a little build thread. If I can talk Boots into doing some video or images for me. IF this is of interest. :innocent: We are thinking of live streaming this new machine in operation if I can just get the time!!! Thanks for the interest. TL

That’d be awesome to see!
Please Boots! Please! :smiley:

Me to. Thanks Boots. :+1:

Lil Dan blows a Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs kiss to Boots as a Pretty Please to do the video….

Hi ya Dan, I’m interested in watching this stream! Always interested in learning something! :smiley: You could even use Skype with some buddies here! :wink:

Just saw this: Tesla's new 2170 battery cell - YouTube

Says that the new 21700’s will have 5,750ma to 6,000ma, I would say that is WELL worth the swap from the 18650 platform.

Good video TA, thanks for sharing it! :+1: That is some pretty impressive capacities too………… :beer:

Thanks for sharing that link! I just wonder when they will be available for us to purchase?

It will most likely be awhile before we see them since the gigafactory is not even fully online yet IIRC and they are way behind on their own needs for the cells. It does show what to expect from this form factor though and you can bet that they will start trickling down into the public hands at some point.

Plus other manufactures have not really even started work on these cells yet, the 20700’s we have now are just simply upsized current batteries, they still have a fair amount of room for improvement obviously.

I apologize for the delay of some machining video. We are about caught up here. Managed to get some good video captured showing one of the CNC lathes machining / sculpting the OD of a head, internal boring and threading…. I’ll get it cleaned up and in a thread ASAP!!! Thanks for the patience! TL

Looking forward to the video.

Same here………… :+1: … :slight_smile:

:+1: