3 volt XHP50.2

Well, you knew I would do something like this with the 3v XHP50.2 :))

Cree XHP50.2 3v K2 2A on 16mm Noctigon
Sanded down OP reflector
Cyan GITD tail & LED surround
H17-F driver
Reverse clicky tail switch with tritium vial
Stainless steel body
Copper lined battery tube & head section
Custom made magnetic keyring holder with through switch

Length - 56mm
Width - 19mm
Weight - 52g (with 16340 cell)

Max - 2500lm OTF
30s - 1800lm
60s - 1600lm
1200lm @ 2.7A

2500lm OTF from a 16340? :open_mouth:

Wow CRX, that’s some serious output.

I wonder…how would the beam look with a small aspheric. Like Utorch S1 Mini. Would there be a big tint shift problem?

I was planning to put one in my Convoy M1, with a FET driver but now maybe my Emisar D1 would be a good host for it.
It has never been a good thrower anyway, topping at only 60kCd even with a Black Flat…

Anyway, three will go in my Amutorch X9 for a sweet hand warmer effect :smiling_imp:

Mind those are uncalibrated CRX lumens from my little sphere but fairly close I think. Around 7.5A from the AWT 16340.

I stuck a 20mm aspheric onto the front so it’s not properly focused and the OP reflector shows but here’s what that looks like.

That's what I started working on, but will probably take a few days - just got in the KD 2A's yesterday.

I'm piggybacking in a 20 mm FET+1 driver to run NarsilM/Anduril.

Thanks CRX. :slight_smile: Though I don’t really know what to make up from it. It’s not focused perfectly but nevertheless quite well - and I meant a pure flooder, well out of focus.

I think it should be mixed well…but even if it’s not, a little dc-fix at the flat part of the lens should fix that.
I notice that some lens makers are adding frosting or beads there too.

Nice light. How long does 16340 last? :smiley:

7000mA+ draw on a 600mAh capacity, can’t be long!

As an experiment I used a C8+ in desert tan, one of Neven’s LD4A drivers at 9A (fully regulated) and a new Samsung 30Q charged yesterday, and the new XHP-50.2 3V in K2 2A trim. With the driver set up in default modes (and 20ga Turnigy wires with a fat copper alloy spring) it pulls 8.91A at the tail for 103 lumens in Low, 779 lumens in Med, and 2863 lumens in High.

Nice C8! :smiley:

Installed 3v XHP50.2 6000k from kaidomain in my FT02. Replaced driver with 26mm FET+7135 Driver - MTN-26DDm. Draws 14.5 amps at tail switch with 50E battery. I'm afraid to try a hi current battery. Gets pretty hot at 3 min. Thermal control kicks in at about 4 min. It's drawing too many amps for this size light. Not sure if the driver and led can take this power. This is as bright as my XHP70.2 with 5 amp driver.

Beamshot on basement wall at about 20ft.

That is a very impressive hotspot. Nice.

That’s a really expensive light to gut and use as a host. You must not have liked it very much?

The driver should be able to handle 150+ watts of power no problem. Your only at 60w maybe.

Wasn’t someone here pulling 19A with this emitter? I guess we don’t know how tough it is until someone burns one up. Lol

Yo can always set your thermal limit lower if you want to.

Well, he is using a 50E, a 5000mAh 15A cell.

I wouldn’t worry about the XHP50.2 though. It’s 4x XP-G3s in parallel. You’ll have no problem with pushing 20A+ through it.

30A? 32A? Where do the problems begin?

All the tests I’ve seen stop around 12A for the 6v version (peaks about 10A). That’s 24A for 6v. There’s not much more output above 15A for the 3v, but there is a lot more heat. I’d personally stick to that.

A quick blast with a 30T I’m sure would measure higher output, but it also might burn it out. IDK. If I had a spare emitter it might be worth trying.

Not sure if it has been posted here but Matt at Adventure Sport Flashlights is carrying these LED’s. Tint is a 1D (6250k) which is not my favorite. Got 3 for @ $25 shipped usps. Not horrible. Maybe Arrow.com will carry them in the near future which will get the cost down to around $5 each. I will contact them and see if I can get then to carry some.

Are these available anywhere in neutral tint?

I got a 1D from Cutter in a UranusFire C818 that does 19 amps. If all goes well, I should have a triple 2A from KD working today in a Amutorch X9 with a FET+1. For those unfamiliar with it, it's a tiny light for sure, here's a post on the stock light: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/54707/29. I'll probably switch from the titanium tube to aluminum for the triple 3V XHP50.2's - anything to help.

Figure the GOLISI cell may be the best in this light to use. Fortunately the clamp meter has a 100 amp range.