"30,000 lumens" - taking Chinese Lumens to new heights.

Does someone with an integrating sphere want to purchase one and test it? You could do a review, and then probably get your money back :).

those ratings in milliwatts and milllilumens would be wildly optimistic.

is it even achievable? 30,000 lumens??

it is, but not with any regular handheld store-bought flashlight. not even close.
I have manage to reach close to half that much, but its requiring eight 25R cells loaded to their limits, booster-cable like wiring, fan cooling, and three MTG2s (or XHP70s) driven so hard they nearly de-flow themselves off the copper plate.

I saw 50000W Flashlight over the weekend. I tell the owner how rough. It says a lot. Approx 65$ price tag. I say WOW. :smiling_imp:

I say look at my convoy new C8. Ta-taa-taaa mine is a little bit brighter but it was only 12$ :sunglasses:

Did you buy it New Zealand?
I have one very similar - yours at 80W and you could be getting/pushing 100 lumen per watt,
this one could indeed be putting out 8000 lumen, which is pretty nice anyway. That’s a lot of
light and the one main photo looks right. It and mine does eat up the batteries pretty quickly though
on max power; so what! It’s awesome for putting out a lot of light in a hand held torch.
Get it, NZ!! :sunglasses:

For a truly absurd claim, check out this link…—-
800,000 lumens from a Brazilian reseller!

There is even more…
From my Xing Ling thread

WOW… 288,000 watts

That Brazilian one, they have 5 of those pointing out the top of the Luxor in Vegas.
http://imgc.artprintimages.com/images/art-print/jim-richardson-spotlight-from-the-luxor-in-las-vegas-pierces-the-night-sky_i-G-38-3877-PZCJF00Z.jpg

The Luxor is going to have to buy new lights, their old ones are already outdated.

Look familiar?
You might not have known a T6 could handle 680,000 watts.

Mercado Livre (Brazil’s EBay) has a fresh offering I had never seen before.
No mention of lumens, just watts.
In Portuguese, commas and periods are switched when dealing with numbers……yes….the claim is 680,000 watts, not lumens for this light, exactly as written on the flashlight itself. Too bad the headlamp doesn,t have a clip so you could wear them together on your head.

Can it start a fire in 3.5 min? Or light up the moon

Those lights should come with one of these as standard equipment……… :wink:

Miller Black Digital Elite Auto Darkening Welding Helmet (257213)

LOL….
Thanks, I knew there was something missing in my EDC kit.

How convenient, circumvent U.S. law by selling from a different country. Disgusting bottom dwellers....

There selling like hotcakes too...

Although we make fun of phony claims and Faux flashlights, there is a seriously sad aspect related to these pipe bombs boasting Chinese lumens, loaded with dangerous lithium ion batteries.

Imagine LEOs and others being limited to such items. The best they can hope for, throughout the Lower Amazon Basin, and vast regions of Northeastern Brazil, is to find one of the few dealers stocking a 3 D-cell Maglite. Few working class citizens here can afford such a luxury, or would imagine paying so much when Xing Ling crud is everywhere.
If any local sources for lanterns are available, they likely will be listed in OLX. Ordering via the internet is unreliable, and shipping prohibitively expensive.
The end result is that when they find something real, even at a bargain price, they compare it to what they see in OLX, on some hustler’s sidewalk display, or local import flea market.

Here is the ubiquitous professional tool kit most LEOs are limited to in this region (fake Trustfire batteries are included, but not shown). Street price is around 10 bucks, meaning before including shipping from China, and passing through the hands of importers, distributors, and retailers, it must leave the factory costing a dollar or two.

This yellow Diving Light shown below may be worth the price in the USA, could even be a decent light, but 2,000x1 Zoom…72,000 watts, 200,000 lumens?

When divers and fishermen ask me if I would recommend this, I tell them what ‘shallow’ means, and how much a bright and reliable light costs, calculated in local currency. They are sure I am crazy, nobody would spend so much on a flashlight that is much less bright, and doesn’t even Zoom.