A New Version of my 11th Old Lumens Challenge Entry

Partway through making my entry for the 11th Old Lumens Challenge I had an idea for a variant. I started on this one shortly after completing the Challenge entry. Here are some photos. My plan has been to gift this to someone whom I believe will appreciate the colors of the selected wood. However, I like it so much that I may have to make a third light.

This light is about 10 inches tall, made of wenge and osage orange. 519A 2700K emitter, anduril 2 on a Sofirn SP10 Pro driver. Onboard 1 amo charger for the 2200 mAh lipo cell.

12 Thanks

Very nice, thanks for sharing and that is my favorite of your creations so far.

Incorporating the Sofirn SP10 Pro driver was an innovative idea.

Super! Congrats for your nice idea and excellent realisation. I like the retro style. I personally prefer lighter wood tints, but even so it’s beautiful

The first word that came to my mind after seeing this was: an artist!

Great project and beautiful lamp! You even managed to put a radiator to wooden lamp that suits it’s style :+1:

That looks great!

Great looking lamp. I love the wood. The grain pattern on the wenge wood is just gorgeous! The wenge and osage orange contrast is beautiful!

I derived a lot of satisfaction seeing it turn out as well as I hoped for. Your kind words add to the pleasure. :+1:

First class. Impressive woodworking skills.

Wow, that is a really fine lamp! The wood color is very nice!