ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

New sanrenmu 7130 looks good to me. Kinda like a izula clone. Will check it out and report back.

Were did you find that one?

Looks like Sanrenmu has set up a Fulfilled by Amazon store with some of their knives, including the 7130:
https://www.amazon.com/sanrenmu-Survival-Outdoor-adapter-Stonewash/dp/B06Y4FLP62/

Guess I’ll have to wait for a Chinese store to carry it as they don’t ship to Canada.

On a side note, I’ve always suspected that Ruike knives was somewhat affiliated with Sanrenmu/Real Steel due to the many resemblances in some of their designs but kept on hearing that they were not.
Here’s another example, their 7132 awfully looks alike the Ruike RKEF815.

Did you order the bigger or the smaller version of the Positron copy?

That’s sweet! :+1:

Has anybody tried this budget folder, they are only around £10-15

Thanks

John.

Indeed, what took them so long!? And who sells it?

Isti. I ordered this one. Says 9.5cm blade in description.

http://s.aliexpress.com/QnyeQR3m

You can get an all black version.

http://savemoney.es/uk/asin/sanrenmu

John.

I decided to go for the smaller version (73 mm stone washed blade without any logo, 78g). I think that’s closer to the size of the original.

To be totally honest, I didn’t even look at the specs and didn’t know some were different sizes……

The perfect one would be a smaller version with satin blade for me. :slight_smile:

Well I received my (big) Positron copy today as well as the diminutive Des Horn clone. Initial thoughts are very positive for both of them. Here are a couple of pics.

Positron: Lovely, just lovely. About 130g if my memory serves me right. White scales are flawless and a bit interesting compared to the ubiquitous black. The wire clip does it’s job well. Small Spyderhole yet still big enough to flick the knife open if you want. The flipper works no problem at all and is very smooth. Blade looks lovely and is very sharp. Solid lock-up.

Only criticism is the screws at the tail are a bit rough, but nothing that a wee dab of sandpaper won’t put right. All in all, very happy with it.

Des Horn: This is a gorgeous little knife. 60g. Feels nice in the hand. Flawless titanium scales and again, the wire clip works fine. Détente is a bit tight - I’m not going to fiddle with it just yet - I did that with my Land 9104 and ballsed it up a bit, so much that the blade opened in my pocket, I reached in and sliced the tip of a finger pretty badly… It is now permanently numb. Anyway, I’ll leave it be and see if it loosens up over time. If not, I think I’ll strip it down and give it a clean and a lube. The Damascus blade is just beautiful. So attractive. Like a work of art. It is my first thing made of Damascus and it is gorgeous. Very sharp too. Lock-up is solid. A really elegant gentleman’s folding knife and I’m sure it will be a firm favourite of mine.

These two cost me £39 SHIPPED. Shipping took 15 days from clicking to buy to having them in my greasy mitts.

Both of them look really nice! :+1:
My small Positron is coming with plain black G10 scales which I’m starting to regret after seeing your pics. At least it won’t stain easily. :slight_smile: I suppose the Horn needs more time to break in. How is the lock-bar position (%), is it easy to unlock?

My lastest :

• Marttiini Condor Timberjack (carbon steel) ~28€
  • Cold Steel Kudu (4116 steel), nice big budget folder at ~10€!

(Opinel 08 for size reference)

Does anyone have experience with kizlyar?

It sits at about 55% or so. It’d be a bit easier if it had a slightly bigger Spyderhole plus the fact it is so dinky doesn’t lend so well to flicking. I intend to stick a little lanyard on it, because that always helps to give it a bit of extra length to grab onto, which for me anyway helps with opening. It isn’t a problem to unlock. In fact, it seems to be easing up a little bit even just after a day or two. It’s a gorgeous little knife. Very classy.

Hi, I think it’s a good place to ask, what are the differences between standard and luxury lansky system? What is the benefit of normal and diamond? I’m not interested too sumptuous apex for my :money_mouth_face: ajajaja, regards !!!

The Positron looks good other than the Spyderco steel markings and the Spyder/Tick logo
I don’t mind buying a knockoff, butt why put that phony crap on my knife?
I don’t want to try to pass it off to my friends as original…do you?

I ordered the positron in carbon fiber. Hoping it arrives this week! Will provide initial impressions when it arrives.