ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

You’ll like this Bondhus set, it’s real precision made and quality hardness of steel. Pity you had to pay so much but I think they’re worth the extra coin.

IMO the short “L” wrenches seem better to use on knives than those small bit type. Now if I can only find where I put my T8 wrench! :person_facepalming:

When I searched some time ago bit set then I get opinion, that smaller size bits are higher priced (and harder found) and I get better result if I buy not bits.
Next time I think you can try Wera, it quite good grade and not so high priced like Wiha.
About local shop, in my town reasonable priced bits are crap (or lottery) and better bits are not reasonable priced. I use Germany or UK if I order tools, but becouse shipping (ordinary 8-15 EUR) it reasonable order more costly thing or bigger bunch. (Becouse tax /custom (in our country 22EUR line) and inside EU there are no tax/custom adding when order arrives (seller gets it locally). I see, that you live outside EU so dont know about custom/tax)

Wiha 267PK6M 24002 is an original German made precision torx set that can be found for under €25. Bondhus is also good quality, I own and use an allen set for over twenty years and they are still a perfect fit.

Xiaomi Wiha set is very good. Genuine imported Wiha bits.

Three problems:

1. Most of the small torx bits in this set are security. Naturally that means they can sustain a little bit less torque than regular bits (because they have a hole in them)
  2. Many knives nowadays have threadlock on screws
  3. Torx don’t cam out when you exceed the rated torque. The bit or the screw will strip.

So many beginners damage their bits by using too much torque and blame the set. Small bits like T6, T7 etc are not designed to sustain much torque, and therefore they should not require much torque to loosen. If it seems like they require a lot of torque, STOP. And use some heat to melt the threadlock.

If they are genuine Wiha bits then they are among the best one can buy.

https://www.wiha.com/en/press-reports/detail/wiha-proud-of-co-branding-partnership-with-chinese-smartphone-manufacturer-xiaomi/

Imported from where?

It appears the Wiha bits are now made in China.

I thought it was Germany… any proof it’s china made ?

Anyway, quality seems really great.

I took a couple of pics about my CF Ganzos (F7562, FB7601 and the new F7611):

Very nice collection you have there. I am very fond of the Ganzo CF cutlery line myself … :slight_smile:

Thank you! As soon as the weather gets better I’ll take a group shot with all of my CF Ganzos. :slight_smile:
As I see you also like the G745. That’s one of my favourites with wood handle scales.

Am I late to the party? :wink:

Great! :+1:
Am I the only one who has the G745 CF with satin blade? :slight_smile:

OMG! Spyderhole and AXIS lock, what a heresy!

You’re all gonna get banned by moralic people!

Hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, that’s what I wanted but I got my 745 later on and I think they might have discontinued the satin version by then (or at least, FT and GB didn’t have it)

Just sold my new in box original Kershaw Volt #039 for $670 on eBay. I really hated to part with a knife that will only go up in value.

Petrified fish…new brand i think, i like the look of those ! :sunglasses:

Petrified Fish, huh?

That's a different name for a knife brand.