ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

I am surprised that they can get the AUS-8 to a hardness of 60 Rockwell on the Petrified Fish.
56 to 58 is the highest I can see it being.

My latest purchase :) Love every one of these knives. Should've bought them long time ago (except 910Plus which I already had)

I’ve been loving the 9103/9104 as well. The sound and feel when they lock… awesome.

I’m considering buying a 910-Plus to go with them - yay or nay? Do you notice any differences other than the obvious (less cold fingers, different feel in hand)?

I have a habit of flicking them open left handedly on bottom thumb stud, if you know what I mean. 910 Plus opens smoothly as butter, while 9103/4 are bit harder. Detent ball holds blade stronger on 9103/4 than on 910 Plus. 910 Plus is wider and with G10 scales grip is amazing, texture is great on this knife! That liner lock sound is deeper and bit quieter on 910 Plus.

Buy it, you won’t regret it.

Yeah I’ve noticed that the 9103/9104 can sometimes stick in their detent a little. I have the same issue with forgetting to keep my fingers off the framelock-bar, which results in increased detent resistance. I guess I’ll have to order some 910+’s now, thanks.

I asked Gearbest about the Sanrenmu LAND 8103/8104 and they said it’s for the EU only, they cannot have them in stock. It’s a shame because local retailers charge about 100% more than GB for 9103/9104. I like the size but that’s too much, especially with washers instead of ball bearings.

Yep…real shame, there are amazing knives on EU market but price for those is crap

I bought this at 15.99 this morning http://s.aliexpress.com/J3yIneeY?fromSns=QuickMemo+

Does this have a spyderco type hole or a flipper tab?
Also, does this have a compression lock?

Thanks guys

Here is mine from Ali. It comes with opening hole and compression lock (the Yojimbo 2 doesn’t have a flipper).

Great!
Thank you isti242……

Yes, if Gearbest could offer 8103 for a price between 710 and 910 - (maybe $10-12) then I would buy it for sure. Would be nice to get something a little bigger than a 710

But I would not buy it for €30 from a European distributor. Too much for a knife like this. The price is inflated due to VAT, higher shipping, higher store margin etc

Gearbest are a Chinese store and Sanrenmu are a Chinese brand. I don’t know why Gearbest can’t stock these new SRM models. It is a shame, I really wanted a 710 titan or 910 titan.

The 9008 looks interesting too. Kind of a bigger version of the 7056. In my experience the 7056 was a terrible flipper but the 9008 runs on bearings (I think) so should be a lot better.

9008 looks nice, I didn’t know it existed. The bad: it’s as big as 910x, pretty expensive and EU limited just like the 8103/4.

GB cannot stock the 8103 for marketing reasons.

On Aliexpress Im looking for a Infidel, Paramilitary and Endura with Carbon Fiber. And any OTF Carbon Fiber knives.
Anyone have any links for these knives?
Their descriptions and pics are confusing.

Looking for Anniversary prices….

Thank you

If you are not certain about a product on AE, in my experience it is best to ask the seller for detailled pictures which they usually provide without a fuss.

CF Paramilitary 2

Very much appreciated isti242….buying it!

What kind of description do they use for a cloned endura?

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:
There’s no CF Endura clone on Ali. I stumbled upon lightning strike CF Military clones but I can’t find them anymore…
I have a full titanium Military clone which is also pretty good. You can grab one here.

Thanks isti Ive had my eye on that Titanium Military.

But if im going to spend that much I would rather get a OTF Infidel. I can only find them at DHGate.
Ive never bought from DHGate before.
Im also not sure if they will ship autos to California.

wow they even have the spyderco logos and engraving, at least ganzos are not trying to fake you out.

I like the 9008 and so. Disc and doble locking. And beautiful design like its little sister.

:heart_eyes: