ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

I would go for the titanium version of the SRM 9008 but at a reasonable price. The steel versions seem a bit too heavy (5.96 oz / 169 g) for me.

Is there a Ti version of this Hindererish design?

Yes, the one with the bead blasted handle is the titanium version. It also comes with a steel lock-bar insert.
Even the titanium version is not so light weight with 4.76 oz / 135 g.

Yes it is pretty expensive but note the Sanrenmu prices in Europe are generally 1.5x - 2x the price of same knife from Chinese sellers.

So in theory a 9008 could be a lot cheaper if a Chinese seller got hold of them. Unfortunately it seems they can’t.

Nobody wants to pay more than they must but if you compare the prices and materials of these Sanrenmu models with budget lines from Kershaw or CRKT then the direct ordering from China is still cheap as dirt. The EU prices for these knives are still very good compared to other budget brands.

The Ti versions on the other hand are a bit too expensive when you’re used to the prices on AliExpress, either clones or brands like CH or Kizer.

I’d like to see an SRM 810 or 910 framelock with a G10 front scale though.

BlackFox officially endorsed Serge Panchenko bean knife design

440C steel, price point is ~30€

I finished my review about the Ganzo F7551 Cleavers with tons of pics. :slight_smile:

Nice new big fixed blade from Harnds. There is a trend in China for camping.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1901/10005913/9644472-harnds-hk5006-outdoor-survival-stainless-steel

I put some nano-oil and cleaned up some of the factory lube to try and get it smoother, it is better.
Can the washers be replaced with bearings on this knife?

As the bearings are much thicker (~ 1.6 mm) than the washers you can’t replace them without some serious milling.

Gotcha….There are brass and plastic washers on each side.
Do you know where I can buy new washers? And what is the size of these washers?
Thank you

I’ve bought some Phosphor Bronze washers from usaknifemaker.com in the past for my Ganzos.
You’ll need to measure the Outer diameter, Inner diameter and thickness of your washers to find a suitable replacement.

Some family pictures

The fake Rat 1 (digicamo handle) is a bit bigger and sturdier than the genuine one, and has G10 scales. But unknown blade steel, and fit & finish not as good.

Is the handle of the original RAT 1 still nylon (not G10)?

yes. its not g10

Does this knife have its fame really deserved?.

Review done!.

http://chinese-knives.blogspot.com/2018/04/review-land-sanrenmu-910.html

I finished my review about the Puppy gentleman’s folder style front flipper by Mosquito Tactical:

It took some time but finally I arranged for a Chinese store to stock Sanrenmu Land 810. Gearbest were not willing to do it (told me for weeks they had samples coming…then nothing) so Exduct has stepped up to the plate, congrats to them. Is a middle-size between 710 and 910

https://www.exduct.com/en/all-products/outdoor-knives/sanrenmu-knives/sanrenmu-srm-land-8103-8104-frame-lock-pocket-knife-outdoor-tactical-camping-tools-detail

Price is still a few dollars too much (in my opinion) but better than the European price, especially with free shipping cost and maybe a coupon.

I have not seen any reviews or videos of this knife yet which is unusual considering the legendary ‘budget king’ status of 710 for many years.

I have the following coupons for Exduct:
“ISTI6OFF” for 6% off and a special coupon for customers from the US: “ISTISAVESUS7OFF” for 7% off.
Those make the pricing of the 810 somewhat better.

Is the shipping free? They also have Sanrenmu 735, old model which I always liked but never had.