ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Nice ! What do you think about those ganzo ?

The new 736 is nice looking !

http://fr.aliexpress.com/store/product/GANZO-G7362-BK-Pocket-EDC-Folding-Knife-Stonewashed-440c-Blade-Black-G10-Handle-w-Pouch-Box/316393_32542862106.html?storeId=316393

The G732s are just great, as they have liner locks and the same fit and finish as the Spyderco Endura and Byrd Cara Cara 2
As we in Europe pay a lot more for the Spyderco/Byrd, american knives and knives in general, Ganzo have lot of fans and buyers here

If they had the same price, I would still buy and use the G732
I will probably buy the G733 and G737 knives too, but I am not a fan of the G735

The 10 day shipping time is excellent!
Which handle design do you prefer the grooved one or the plain?

Plain, all day!
The other one looks great, but you need gloves to appreciate it :slight_smile:

That was my assumption too! :slight_smile:

Say 150mm blade length, give or take…

Cold Steel Ti-Lite Zytel 6”?
It’s $49.55 shipped on Amazon.

I am a big knife nut. Even though I have a lot of nicer stuff, I still enjoy budget blades as well.

Have done a fair amount of regrinds either by hand or on my 1x30. Here is a Master USA MU-1130, (a Master Cutlery brand, see also: MTech, Elk Ridge):

Got some kind of crazy promo price on Amazon, it was only $8, but then jumped up to ~$20.

VERY nice, ValuseekeR! Regrinding from concave to plain?

Thanks!

Yes, it was a hollow (concave) grind and now it’s a high flat grind, maybe slightly convex.

I’m looking for a cheap but reliable sharpener… Anyone can recommend me one? Something that can sharpen a recurve blade too!

EDIT: I’m new to sharpening blades so I’ll need to learn some! I was looking at the spyderco system and anysharp…

In terms of versatility I think the Spyderco sharpmaker is hard to beat. It can handle plain edge, recurves, serrations, vegetable peelers, scissors, etc… and comes with a nice instructional booklet and dvd.

You can find knock-off versions on aliexpress, etc… but I only have the real deal. One common complaint is that the included ceramic rods are too fine/slow cutting for reprofiling, or sharpening out significant damage, especially on high carbide steels. The add-on diamond or cbn rods are a good solution, but fairly expensive. I just do that work on stones and use the sharpmaker rods for the final apexing or touch-ups.

Can’t beat the fixed angle edge pro type of sharpener for reprofiling & sharpening recurves etc.

You guys have a link where I can get them?

I use one of these with a few added tweaks.
Or search professional knife sharpening system for more results.

I have had a Lansky and the guide rods bent and the plastic adjuvant on the Stine cracked and my fingers where always getting cut!For the last 20 years for razor sharp flat grinds I love the Gatco ,just look up Gatco.com I just don’t know anything about hollow or convex grinds which I have failed miserablely.

There is a wiked edge clone out

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Newest-Update-sharpener-lansky-analogue-Wicked-Edge-SHARPENING-SYSTEM/32248324295.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.refC4b&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

Looks like another good system but i’m not sure how comfortable i would be working on the blade in that position, i like it to be more horizontal plus keeping two sets of stones flat & even might be a problem.

I use an edge pro apex clone with edgepro wet stones. I threw away the crappy stones that came with the clone.

Is it a copy/clone etc? Is it any good as a general camping non folder?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-440C-55HRC-Colour-wooden-handle-multi-functional-outdoor-knife-Camping-tool/32276283430.html