ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

No problem.
Or search snake knife should give a few results.
I’m sure it’s a copy of something like a brous, medford or microtech maybe?
Anyway this is a snakehead tactical folder :stuck_out_tongue: - Even has a small etch of a snakes head on the blade (which could be sanded off fairly easily if need be)
Lockup is good/ secure for a liner lock. Grippy pattern G10 scales. Shaves arm hair (just) out the box.
The flipper action is buttery smooth, it can be flipped into locked position with minimal effort from any angle.
Very useful blade shape. I haven’t reprofiled it yet so steel quality is unknown but it’s not soft.
The handle fits the hand really well and that notch on top of the blade can serve as an unusual forward thumb rest. Only the one position for a clip but i don’t use them anyway.
A bit pricier at around $27. I like it.

Very nice looking knife! Thanks for your impressions on it.

Got any larger pics... :D

I hot your hint Steve I deleted lol

presterjohn wrote:

Well my Chima – 1 knife arrived today. Amazing value for money. I’m not sure what I am going to do with it mind you but it is an exceptionally high value knife.

Sounds interesting. You have a sales link or picture? It sounds familar, but I can't recall this knife.

CIMA-1 has been mentioned before

More than $80 on aliexpress with lots of images
Around $22 at gearbest …“Amazing value for money” I agree about that

Agreed. I got a Cima-1 from gearbest a week ago. Crazy what you get for the money, and it came hair-splitting sharp too.

How on earth did you get that past the UK border agency! So many getting picked up and taken as they class them as gravity knives, even though they are not.

It’s a risk i’m willing to take :wink:
You’re right, customs have become a little silly regarding flipper knives recently. I lost an £80 order to them a few months ago saying it was a gravity knife. Pointless even contesting them.

HTM Expendables AXD Clone
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Expendables-High-Hardness-Tactical-Folding-Knife-9CR18MOV-Blade-Hunting-Knife-Two-edged-Survival-Knives-Antiskid-Handle/32534021693.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.290.vbn9S0&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

Original AXD

Woah… I think I kind of fell in love with this!
Where can I find it and how is it called? I know it’s a Spyderco clone of a Brad Southard design, but that’s all I have.

The full titanium version looks somewhat better :wink:

Hi Chenko - these are number C156, Spyderco Brad SOuthard. I think they run at about £260 for an original in G10 handle material, but you can get a fake from AE for about £30 in Carbon Fibre.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-Spyder-C156-Folding-Knife-Military-Camping-Pocket-Knives-CTS-204P-Blade-Stone-Wash-Titanium-Alloy/32530228441.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.1.bDKmxr&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

You can get plain handled C156 clones for around £12 from AE - just search C156

SP

Thank you Scrumpy!! I ordered one :slight_smile: that design just makes me drool, and price was good (I picked a normal handled model).

Cool mate - what colour did you go for?

1. http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz290/lightjunkie/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-11/20151115_220744_zpshjqlpmya.jpg! ads/2015-11/20151115_205451_zpsqukq6mxq.jpg!

clone from fasttech for 14.81 I live it I pulled amd deleted my pctures because they took too much space ,I love it and it does have a bearing hinge point pointhttps://www.fasttech.com/products/3673103 Google

I’ve always liked knives, especially folding knives. My previous experience has been with crappy ones though, so i didn’t have a good picture of them. Floppy blades, can’t hold edges, bad design (blade touching metal when folded) and whatnot. But recently i started googling and checking reviews and reawoken my love for them. I immediately decided to get a small EDC blade. I thought that about 18 CM overall lenght would be too big, and decided to shoot for around 16 cm or smaller. I randomly found CRKT to seem good and purchased two small folders from them. The Pazoda (1) and Koji Hara Ichi. They cost me 20 USD each on Ebay, seemed good until i found these great chinese knockoffs.

The Pazoda surprised me, great feeling knife. After breaking in it got very smooth, it feels great in my tiny hands, the jimping is well placed and it has a deep pocket clip that doesn’t try to eat my pants. Check a review out here: CRKT Pazoda: Bargain Blade with Style to Spare - YouTube

The Koji Hara Ichi has one flaw, the thumb disk is stupidly designed. To open the knife you need to push almost straight upwards, meaning into the sharpest part of the thumb disk. It really should have a stud instead, that would be awesome. Anyone know if it’s possible to change it? It has a small screw into the blade holding the disk.

Besides that, i love the shape of the blade and the flat grind, it flips open smoothly and very fast (when done properly), it doesn’t look intimidating at all, so it’s a good knife to get caught with if you were to do so.

Since ordering these knives i’ve found this forum and fell in love with the shirogorov f3 copy, getting one of those (the smaller one) and the enlan m023 soon, they’re on their way. No issue getting these past customs here in Sweden so far. If they are good i am going to be looking for a decent sized (17-20cm) axis lock knife before i’m satisfied. Perhaps a Sanrenmu 763.

Enlan M023:

You can get This type of device that fit onto the blade where you want it.

Link to plain handled clone, Ordered one of each
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spyder-C156-OEM-Folding-Knife-9Cr13Mov-Blade-G10-Handle-Military-Tactical-Knives-Utility-Camping-Outdoor-Tools/32474784105.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.9.R2yCRA&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

3 x Ganzo G732 arrived today

10 days door to door China-Sweden, from ali store Blade Forum

The store has the new Ganzo G733 and G737 knives now