Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

The Sofirn 18350 batt tubes thread right onto the Wowtac A3 making it a dang small pocket zoomie.
Has hold for Real Low (high Moonlight?) from off and double click for Turbo so you have a 5 mode fun flashlight.

At $10, Jed’s a Millionaire!

Oh? Interesting... Just wish I could crank em open to mod up power and UI.

I grabbed a W1 a few weeks ago. Nice little light. No complaints at all. I was able to get the A3 opened up after some heat and shear determination. Put a 4000K SST-20 in it. It’s pretty nice. I’ll see if I can accomplish a few beamshots. Though I have to admit to not being very good at getting a shot exactly the way I see it. The A3S is nice too with a bump in output but, if you aren’t a zoomie fan it’s probably too much money.

Don’t know if they have a deal on the A6. If they do grab it. The stock LED is awful looking but, it’s super easy to open and swap. A different lens with not such a thick coat of AR helps tremendously as well. Or, take steel wool to it. It help.

A decent zoomie for $10? Count me in. Looks like it has the dreaded glued bezel, so here’s hoping I’ll be fine with it stock.

I think the $5 zoomie packs are good 21700 hosts, but my only modding experience is swapping leds. Keeping it for a future project for now.

K, just got the Wowtac today, pretty nice for the bux.

Spring on the driver, no spring at the tail, so you must use the included long cell with it unless you’re okay with balling up some Al foil to make up the length (which I am). Still charging the come-with cell, will see what’s the end voltage, then run it down some and do a capacity test on the Ope later.

Beam’s okay, ’though there’s a bright orangey-yellow ring around the periphery whether zoomed or flood. White disk, not blacked out, so that might be throwing those rings from reflections

Fairly CW beam, but should be fine for The Muggle.

For “purists”, it does not focus to The Bat Signal, but only to a rounded square. Me personally, I don’t mind (in a way actually prefer it), but people gave Simon grief about that, so…

The UI is fairly simple, click on/off, hold to go low→medium→high, and oddly doubleclick then doubleclick again for strobe? Maybe one doubleclick is “turbo” but my other cell (flattop w/ Al foil ball), half-spent, wouldn’t put out enough juice?

The head is pretty snug, so takes a determined effort to change the focus, which is good ’cause it won’t slide around when you breathe on it wrong. The switch is nice and springy, too, and has a click to it when pressed.

Pretty lightweight yet sturdy, which is a nice combo.

All in all, not bad at all.

Just a heads up for those who frequently use VIPON.

After iOS 14 update, now my phone notifies me if a certain app is pasting whatever text or data that’s copied on the clipboard. Every time I open vipon my phone notifies me of this.

I don’t normally have important stuff copied but one never knows. Just yesterday it stole a text that I copied from a messaging app, text that was my private information and VIPON had no need for.

That’s really bad. On top of that, a lot of users like me have clipboard history on.
That’s a lot of info. Hope they don’t send all clipboards to China or wherever.
Good thing I don’t have Vipon app. I only browse via browser.

After that I went and opened all of my third party apps and 3 other were stealing clipboard data as well. The problem is I’ve been using vipon for years and until now I know this, I can’t imagine the amount of my personal data that they must have collected, in this digital era our data is not ours alone, but what we can do is spread awareness so more people take privacy seriously.

I don’t think I’ll be using the app from now on.

I got an email from Vipon today.

Vipon will have deals for "Walmart, eBay, Etsy and more!"

Maybe we need a Vipon thread, in addition to this Amazon thread?

Vipon

Two Zoomies: 3 x AAA or 18650 for $5, Came with decent pouches.

Always start on High, decently made, solid pill with double o-rings on it, press in driver.
Looks like an XML-1 or Clone.
Not the worst tint I have seen in a Zoomie light, definitely cold.

HiQuick 2800mAh AA Rechargeable Batteries High Capacity Performance, Per-Charged 1.2V AA Batteries Pack of 8

$7.49

HiQuick AAA Rechargeable Batteries- AAA Batteries 1100mAh High Capacity Performance 1.2V, Per-Charged Ni-MH AAA Battery

$4.99

Expires in 3 days

I put the AA’s in outdoor solar lights, they seem to work alright. They measured around 2200mah but they were very warm after charging :person_facepalming: .

Just ordered one of each. Unfortunately it limits the coupon to 1 of each.

How bright are these generic zoomies compared to S2 or S2+ if you have them?

You can get close to 1000 lumen from an S2+.
You’re lucky to get 300 lumen from these cheap zoomies.

Although, the way human eyes work, 1000 does not really look 3 times brighter than 300.

Yeh, 300 is about ballpark for these. They don’t want them to overheat, and want to stretch runtime, all so that The Muggle won’t complain how hot it gets or how often he has to recharge it.

Around the house, grubbling through the basement or attic, or in an unlit closet, they’re perfectly fine.

(And for 2fitty, what do you expect?)

At this point do you gift most everything you buy? With 12k posts I imagine you have hundreds of lights per room :slight_smile: (Pics of collection?)

Nah.

I just got my Wowtac and I’m not all that impressed by it. I couldn’t get it to turn on at first until I figured out that the head had to be cranked down really hard and it unfortunately has a real greenish tint. For $9.99 it was worth taking a flyer on but for me it would have been better spent on beer :beer:

The reason for my post was that someone at reddit posted the beam shots of a cheap zoomie vs S2 and they look equally brighter.
The S2 has a brighter hot spot but the zoomie is brighter in other areas.
He also mentioned that he likes the zoomie better.
I’ll get S2/+ sometimes but don’t want to get disappointed due to all the hype.

I'd take an S2 over one of those any day.