Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

since Woot is owned by Amazon, this could count:
a Maglite clone, 4D Coleman flashlight for $25.
https://meh.com/forum/topics/coleman-650-lumen-led-flashlight#5f92566d5660b604e0c7005d

the comments are funny. this is the one i liked:
“How softly do I have to walk to carry this?”

So this seemed a little interesting. Klarus A1 for $18.99 after clickable coupon. Understand it is the same as the Nextorch P80? Klarus A1

No mention of emitter brand. Does have USB-C charging.

Don’t have a Klarus in the collection yet. I know they generally don’t garner alot of praise on this forum. Tempted nonetheless, for $19.

Comes with 18650 battery and USB-C cable.

Hmm…

Heisens 1,000 lumens with battery and OSRAM led’s (whatever they are) for $10.99

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Flashlight-Waterproof-Emergency-Flashlights/dp/B087RCJKPG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Thanks Bwana

Yeah, I’m trying to talk myself out of the tool as I am looking at two more expensive lights and don’t really need a 1 AA light…

Of course I don’t need most of the like 30 assorted lights I already own.

I have a mild case of flashaholism.

Can’t go too wrong for a 18650 light with battery for 11 bucks. And 30 is that all you have ? :slight_smile:

Which light do you mean? I was trying to talk myself out of the Lumintop Tool AA/14550. Also a Thrunite Ti4…

Well, a few of my extra lights go to my kids, so.

Yea sorry I was thinking the Heisens. But I do like the Lumintop for a EDC also.

Hmm, never heard of Heisens, but I’m intrigued by the advertised “MEMETORY” features!

I like the OSARM LEDs…

Is the cell even removable in that Hisense light? Couldn’t find that info on Amazon.

sold out...

I guess it’s a good thing…

I am still looking at too many.

Guess I should have bought one .

But I have more flashlights then I could possibly need and I tend to use the ones with a simple user interface.

A word of warning with Amazon:

I don't have Amazon Prime, so every time I place an order, it has to have at least $25 worth of certain items to get free shipping.

If you do the same, then you cancel part of your order and that order drops down below $25, you WILL BE charged shipping (and sales tax on that shipping), and Amazon won't alert you of this fact.

I don't know how many times Amazon has done this to me, as I just figured it out recently.

So learn from my mistake/s.

I just ordered that Hisense light I should have it tomorrow :slight_smile:
Chris

Seems logical, otherwise people would easily game the system.

You can still game just about any website’s free shipping using pre-orders. You will eventually get caught if you abuse it but if you do it very infrequently I guess you can decide if it’s worth it.

Your invoice is updated as soon as you cancel something. (they don’t force you to look at it tho)
Also learned to just cancel a order and re order everything if i make a mistake, customer support won’t correct orders.

Okay, I still don’t get all this. Youse doing one-click ordering or something?

Every, and I mean every time, I make any changes to an order, I get the big honkin’ box that spells out shipping options: free-shipping (only if >25bux, absent if not) delivered a week or two out, paid shipping for being delivered a whopping one day earlier), or higher-price options.

Any changes to the order, and even if still >25bux, it’ll revert back to paid shipping and you’ll have to reselect free-shipping, but I’ve never been blindsided with “haha, sucker! you now paid 8bux or more for shipping!”.

And if I saw it when reviewing the order, yeah, kill the order and redo.

Maybe it’s just me, but I even check the “fine-print box” that lists the breakdown — total, coupon, promotional discount, shipping, subtracted free-shipping, tax, and total — to make sure everything’s kosher. Hell, I’ll even work it out if a vipon is only being applied to 1 item or 2, etc., to make sure everything’s in order before pulling the trigger.