APEX 5T6 5xCREE XM-L T6 4x18650 3000-Lumen 3-Mode LED Flashlight----Upgraded version from SolarStorm

So if LiFePO4 cells have a nominal voltage of 3.0V, what chemistry do IMR cells use?

the same with solar storm on DX about 94$

3.7 just like lico. The bad thing is they have lower capacity and are unprotected as well.

Guess i get the aw imr much better? since I’m sure at 3.3v nominal the a123 should be dropping out soon
Or rather anyone can suggest a good battery for this high current draw light? I only have the trustfire flame 18650 which i don’t really trust it will handle well

Chemistry, not voltage. :D

Ric are these lights in-stock ready to ship? Or are orders being taken, and will be shipped when you have supply?

I just want to set my expectations correctly.

thanks!!

I wouldn’t use LifePo4 cell for this gas guzzler. Performance will be poor.
My 2cents go with the protected 4.3v cells available. And the highest capacity you can afford. They are all made by Panasonic any who. Even the black label AW’s i believe.
I think it was suggested to go with a protected cells due to the high draw and thats good smart advice. Im using unprotected AW’s

AW batteries are by panasonic ncr18650a so far they seems the best, what about the lg sanyo and samsung?

Any chance they’ll be a group buy for this light?

Identical minus wrapper and PCB

I think a GB is underway…

Hey there guys,

I thought “what the heck” and just put in an order for one of these suckers! Didn’t get any order confirmation from CN Quality Goods though, so I hope its because its the weekend.

Though not a “budget” light, its a great price for such a robust and bright flashlight.

I’ll add to the feedback and comments one it comes in!

Cheers

Just got mine today and using freshly charged 18650's I measured about 2600 at start up (but drops rapidly) and 975ish for med and 175ish for low.

A lil disasspointed about not at least matching the max but however keeping things in perspective, it's still darn bright and decent bang for the buck. More testing to come.

How much is the GB for?

2600 lumens OTF?

That’s something like the DRY.

What are you referring to? Max

Welcome to the family, d337944!

Thanks mate! I’m another flashaholic from CPF … I love the information and discussions on this site, as well the openness to more affordable flashlights and technology. :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to this Apex 5T6 flashlight, and hope I haven’t wasted my money on something that’s only marginally brighter that my TM11. If Skyray are true to their word, then 3000 should easily trump the 2000 put out by the TM11 … but judging by the above OP’s calculations of 2600 lumen it will only appear a little brighter.

I’ll put in my 2 lumens once I receive the unit!

Cheers for now,
d337944

Not sure if this was addressed to me but if so, I meant Max output. I measured only 2600lms but it immediately dropped thereafter. Haven't had time yet to take it through its paces but will test some more in the coming days and post my thoughts.

Cheers,
Tim

what batteries where you using turboBB? maybe some battery sag?
What are the lumens at startup on the TM11? and what do they drop down to.
Cant say mine drops in output like yours does (well to my eye)

I used 4 x NCR18650's, they are the only cells that I have 4 of. I unfortunately don't have 4 x IMR's otherwise I'd give that a shot.

Can't recall the TM11 but the Sunwayman T60CS measured about 2500+. I'll run some add'l testing but need to get some other reviews up first, hope to have this one done by end of next week.

Cheers,
Tim