Astrolux S41 - presale ended

Wasn’t May 31 just the end of the intro price period? I don’t think that was clear from the website.

When I ordered on the 28th it was in the pre-order state, It was showing somewhere around 425 of the 500 pre-order limit. I made sure to check availability and it stated my order would be shipped by the 31st.

Not bashing or intending to offend anyone. Intending humor.

Chinese lumens = Chinese battery mAh = Chinese inventory = Chinese shipping dates = Chinese specifications = Chinese customer service = Chinese warranties,

etc.

Still, we’re surprised, upset, disappointed and anxious.

Is the glass half full? Is the glass half empty? Where’s the glass?

The best way to go insanely annoyed with an order is to track it’s status daily.

Order and forget… you’ll be surprised when it gets delivered - which will happen. :wink:

Well I finally got my Nichia s41 in today. I have to say I’m pretty impressed. I just cant wait for my supplies to come in so I can do a spring bypass.

Dear Mr The Burgh, I am the not so Professional Guy. I am very sorry you have not received your glass. Please check with your postal carrier, friends, neighbors, relatives and Congress person to see if they have your glass. Please also provide video of yourself finding the package and opening it so I can see if full or empty. Since you did not pay for insurance, I can not refund your money but I can offer you 10store points if you provide review on website.

Thank you for your business!

The not so Professional Guy.

why even care about anything anymore ? no one else does

Noice!

:smiley: :+1:

The glass is available to ship 3-5 days but will be out of stock once you order it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, as expected I got the Manker E14 (Gearbest) before the Astrolux E41 (Banggood) even though it was ordered more than a week later, Gearbest has really become the fastest shipper from China.

I’m away for the weekend in a moment, a quick (but accurate) out the box output measurement, in djozz-lumen, the light has XP-G2’s (to be swapped soon), battery is purple Efest 18350:

(*1950 lumen at 2 seconds, which is the first reading my luxmeter shows after it has adjusted the automatic range, this may be a meter originating artifact),
*dropping one second later to 1680 lumen, slowly dropping further after that
*1515 lumen after 30 seconds

Great and stable output, also considered the flimsy tail spring and nothing tweaked (repaired comes to mind too while reading this thread) or bypassed.

Buttersmooth narrow (for a small quad TIR) beam, this is a great optic.

Love it already!

i am really interested to see how the E14 is built djozz!

please take some pictures

the reason for the delay might be that Manker/banggood stopped to ship to make the improvement as we asked for ;)

(well - the insulation discs and or room for the screwheads at first)

The Astrolux was reported shipped the 20th of May.

Sofar what I could see was not different from the Astrolux, I will take pictures on monday when I’m back home. (I will be on an open air volleyball tournament on Texel this weekend, am on the train atm).

Hey guys I need help finding a replacement quad lens for this light. I just broke one of the 2 posts.
Anyone know where to find another one?

Thank you

Banggood has the optic for sale separately.

Thank you dj. Ive used numerous search words but still cant find it.

Looking for help with search words.

Thanks

RobertB thank you so much….ordered 2….

Mine has worked fine so far but I’m afraid to use it now. Couldn’t heat compromise the paint over time resulting in a short? Do you know their return policy?

As long as you don’t dissasemble & reassemble it and don’t fiddle with anything internal there is nothing to worry about. The top has a dielectric layer not just paint, and is quite durable. Highly doubt there is any mcpcb movement and even if it does wouldnt be enough to cause a short.

Plus why return something in working state?