Astrolux S41 - presale ended

I’m a worrier.

Is the consensus of opinion that even doing the minimal disassembly needed to inspect the area of concern (the screws) is invasive enough that it could cause problems that did not already exist?

Removing the bezel and optic to look at the screws is fine. Unscrewing the screws is where you could mess things up.

Wouldn’t the potential problem be under the screws where you cannot see it? If visible you look for missing paint?

Thank you. If I remove the screws it will be with nylon replacements in hand.

Sounds like a personal problem. :wink:

But seriously, don’t worry about things which don’t have evidence to show they’re worth worrying about. Risk is just the chance of a thing happening multiplied by the cost of what happens if it goes wrong. Probability times severity. If either one is zero, or close enough to zero, it’s not worth another thought.

The chance of an issue on a brand new light is worth being careful, in case damage happened during production. But after it’s tested and shown to work, the risk basically goes to zero. It may be just paint keeping things working, but it’s really fancy, tough, dielectric paint and it doesn’t spontaneously break itself.

There are plenty of legit things to worry about, like heart disease and car accidents and making bad decisions due to uncaught false beliefs — things which are commonplace and have big consequences, not rare and/or mild. Our efforts are better spent on those things, instead of coming up with new unfounded things to worry about.

The super-unlikely stuff is more fun to think about though.

Very well written, I agree 100%.

Oh, man, I was feeling OK til I read this!

Pm me if you want to buy s-41 nichia and BLF a6, both NIB. for 65 plus 5 shipping.
Lights work fine no probs. I don’t sell my problems to others.

Got my S41 branded version today. Quad Nichia 219b. I put in a good protected 18650 and she lit up beautifully! Not much throw at all, but a buttery smooth flood, well directed to the front.

And yes it gets hot. The timer shuts down the turbo quickly, but high is plenty bright and must be watched carefully for heat.

I’m happy with it. Although I got the extension tube, I think it looks better short, so I’m going to order some 18350’s.

Wow, been off line for a few weeks and look what I missed!!

What is the coupon code for $35? Or has 500 max units been reached?

Or would it be better to get the Manker E14 from Gearbest for $39.99?

Any difference between the two?

EDIT: I found a code in M4D M4X spreadsheet, but I can’t test it because instead of “Add Cart” it only shows “Alert me on arrival”

there is no code atm :frowning:
but there will be one :wink:

be patient

Thank you for the compliment.
Yes, I buy too many lights, and then have to sell them. I have many lights I need to sell.

If I only could keep 2 lights, it would be: Noctigon M43 Meteor and Astrolux S41.

My 2 stock lights would be convoy s2+ and BLF X6 Al , but I would really miss my BLF D80.

Well, crap. My S41 arrived today, and I installed a Keeppower protected 900mAh 18350. It was quite a snug fit. I tightened it, turned on the light, and got nothing. I played with the tailcap, backing off a few degrees, and got some light but it went off after hitting the switch again. I opened the light and here is what the spring in the head looks like:

You can see in the next picture that the driver is not centered (how does that even happen?), which apparently allowed the button top of the battery to push on the spring off-center and deform it. I have not ever had to open a ticket with BangGood but I guess there is always a first time.

It’s exactly as you said .The way battery was turning , while you was screwing the tailcap , the button top of the battery (the little holes on the sides of the button) caused this.

Same happened with me once. In stead of loosening the tailcap, I loosened the frontend of my S2+. And the driver-spring got caught in one of the ventholes of the 3,400 mAh Keeppower.

I hope this isnt another QC fiasco. 3 of the 8 lights I have ordered from Banggood in the past 6mos had problems. It doenst look like they have learned from their mistakes.

:person_facepalming: