Aussie-Yank Flashlights Inc. Or how to span the oceans with crazy mods and good BLF friends. All Done

Even our POCKET’s are bigger! :stuck_out_tongue:

The larger light is done. MT-G2 light. I will be working on the shorter light later this week. Beam shots on the MT-G2 are in the OP.

Thanks for the big emitter OL, but as you suspected, it’s daid. I got a bright flash of light then about 2/3 of the die field glowed with a single die in the dead field flickering. This was at 12.6V from 3 18500’s partially charged. I even tried it off the star, but nope, this one has been damaged in the substrate it would appear.

Now I get to dissect it and find the layers of an MT-G2, if I have the abilities to do so.

I have fun “inspecting” things that are headed for the oval file. There’s that chance they can be fixed, or just the knowledge gained. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, I appreciate the options you’ve opened up.

The right MT-G2 in that Mag Custom throws a whopping amount of beautiful tinted light! Love it! I might have to convert all my lights to MT-G2, the color is perfect, even if the heat is atrocious…

Very,very nice OL. Did you have to turn the switch ass with the pill when it was all assembled?

Yes, I had to turn them both at the same time. It took a while.

Anyone else go to the OP for the beam shots? Scroll....scroll....scroll.....Holy C**P!

It would appear that the MT-G2 likes the Mag reflector.

From memory this is the reflector used here.
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1372

I seem to recall reading something about a “square” reflector, meaning a 1:1 ratio of height to width. That one is pretty close, and the MT-G2 likes it. The M8 has numbers almost opposite that one at 48mm wide and 52mm deep. The MT-G2 likes that one as well. :wink:

Finished

It seems like the mist affects the throw but sure looks bright to me.

I'm getting to the point that if it's not an MT-G2 in a large reflector, or an SRK amped up, it's just not worth bothering with. I really am getting used to the MT-G2 and if they weren't so derned expensive, I would do a bunch of them.

Maybe it’s time to reset the light meter with a solitaire mod. With the new 10mm sinkpads you can solder a 7135 or two right to the bottom of the star.

Or maybe it’s just a flashaholic manifestation of cabin fever. MORE LIGHT! MUST HAVE MORE LIGHT!

I hear ya OL and raise ya a triple MT-G2…

You know how those triple reflectors are merged to make a single lens, with that point in the middle? I’m wondering, could 3 of the 20mm MT-G2 Noctigons be cut in such a way as to make a copper triple MT-G2 board? Hmmmm……

O-L, what cell did you use when taking beamshots with the triple? XP-G2’s are tougher to driver hard for whatever reason. 6A is a tough call for a lot of cells, while the Samsung 20R should do it, the Powerizer 26650 will do it easier. I haven’t seen a cell yet, of any size, that will match it. I have one in my HD2010 that’s making 6A on a Qlite driver. 22 chips. :slight_smile: Ok, maybe I got carried away, but that’s not the point. Cell choice will have a lot to do with how that triple performs. I’ve had the Powerizer running my Elektrolumens triple XM-L2 U2 in direct drive at 10.13A. Just sayin…