[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

After three months in my pants pocket…

Did the pants survive? :stuck_out_tongue:

very nice photo!
so glad it is still working, and not lost :slight_smile:

so, a couple questions for you, and for anyone that has a C01

1. do you like, and use the magnet?
2. do you like and use the Tritium locator?
3. which Color Temperature are you carrying?
4. do you ever put the light on a hat (no pocket clip is showing)
5. do you ever put the light in your mouth… LOL!
6. Do you believe aluminium is toxic to eat?
7. Would you buy a Copper C01?
8. Would you buy a Titanium C01?

1. Yes, wish I had a stronger magnet
2. Yes, Like the trits
3. 3200K
4. No hat
5. Guilty
6. Not going to eat it to find out
7.&8. I might

1. Yes, all the time
2. I didn’t install a trit because I’m cheap
3. 5700k
4. I don’t wear hats so I haven’t found a use for it
5. Whaaaa? I… Uh… I mean… Who woul? Ok, fine… Yes …
6.¯\
7. Yes, my wallet is not light enough yet
8. See #7

1 I like the magnet a lot but do not use it much sofar
2 I like the trit, but just for fun sofar
3 3200K
4 I do not wear a hat or cap
5 regularly,the C01 is my best mouth-light
6 no need to believe, it is well-proven that aluminium is not toxic to eat. One study from the sixties claimed that there is a slight correlation between aluminium and Alzheimer, the paper was retracted 3 months after publishing because of bad science but unfortunately the media went off with the story and it proved one of the most persistents myths of all times, going on for 50 years and counting.
7 not sure about a copper C01, the lumen/gram is just too unfavorite.
8 more likely, but the aluminium one is tough enough.

1. Not applicable.
  2. Not applicable.
  3. 5600K
  4. No, not yet.
  5. No, not yet.
  6. Not if you put Ketchup on it first.
  7. Probably not
  8. Probably not

My current pants has an annoying hole in the pocket, but that is not caused by the C01 but by either the pen-knife, the forceps, keys, pry bar or the screwdriver bit.

A little bit off topic, while my C01 is enjoying the ride on the boat or plane or wherever it got stuck,

6. I think Al or Al2O3 is toxic to eat for individuals who suffer from a kidney problems or can’t use the bathroom in a usual way. We actually ingest quite a lot of Aluminium or Aluminum every single day because it is a common additive in food, water, antacids, deodorants etc… So make sure you pee a lot if you chew on your flashlights :sunglasses:

Looks like the ano is NOT HA/III.

For what it’s worth, it was never claimed to be so.

Nice patina!

My C01: no magnet, no trit, no hat, no toxic. 3200k, yes mouth; copper and titanium for the C01-Pro.

Actually, thats worth quite a bit. I guess I just confabulated that it was HA.

HaHaHa… Three Ha’s: Arc, Fenix E01, Sofirn C01

I ordered a black one back in November, and waited, and waited, and waited… Nowthey tell me that the package was never sent out of country, but now they have no more of them. Pretty pissed about that.

sorry for you

should have used dispute paypal transaction after the first waiting, and should not have waited from Nov to Feb, so patiently
but, I hope they either make more, or, someone here sends you a present :wink:

what color temperature would you like?

They could and should send a colored one if they can’t send a black one IMO.

I have blue (5600) and red (both) on the slow boat from China. Pretty sure I’d hate a magnet on a pocket light. I have a thing for copper lights, so yes, I’d buy one or more of those. Maybe it was 3200 in the blue light……

I dont want a magnet on my light either, so decided to experiment filling in the hole with glow glue

well, this is the wrong tool for the job

I should have read the label more closely and bought glow in the dark hot glue stick instead
this stuff is like rubber cement, it peels off easily, shrinks a lot when it dries, and it takes a few hours to dry

Im doing some glow testing tonight, compared to the adhesive glow ring on another light… to see if the glow remains visible to dark adapted eyes overnight. P-light report in the morning…

1. No magnet currently. I might add one later
2. I’m too cheap for tritium, but I might add GITD to the tail
3. 3200K on the nightstand and for interior use in my car. 5600K are still awaiting a defined purpose.
4. No. I don’t generally wear hats
5. Yes
6. In significant quantities, yes
7/8. The question was asked a bit late. I probably should stop at 4.