[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

Has the flimsy belt clip on the black one’s been addressed and fixed?

I dont know which batch of clips is shipping now, compared to which batch of clips shipped then

but

my guess is these lights have been built in batches, and since the latest black came after the red and blue, and the red and blue have strong clips, I think the new Black lights will have the strong clips, and the shiny reflector that produces a hotspot, that I dont like

but, somehow, I just ordered two of them
and then I figured out I could still get a Red 3200k, so I got one of those too, to go with my blue 5600k…

I wish I had kept my original black ones, with no hotspot, and good clips, but, oh well, I gave them to people that I like, maybe they will remember me with a smile, long after Im gone, and the light is still pumping out the High CRI

moral of the story, there is no guarantee on the clips… but, dont delay, these things move fast… get yours while you can :wink:

where else can you get a high CRI light, in two color temperatures, for this price?

they make great gifts for muggles too!
spread the High CRI Love!

did I mention that Sofirn C01 can also improve your Sex Life?
They also make great conversation starters, to pick up chicks… “excuse me miss… have you heard about this new light that shows the true beauty of your skin?.. would you like me to show you how it works? ;-)”
…“they come in assorted colors, so each member of the family can keep track of their own…”
“plus we have two color temperatures… efficiency mode, and romantic mode… would you like me to show you how they work?”
“here, you hold it, watch me turn it on, so you know how to do it”
“yes, thats it, thats just right, just like that…”

Or you can give them to children, so they can find their toys under the couch, read in bed, find stuff in the closet… the uses are limited only by your imagination! :wink:

Kid Tested! Parent Approved!
jeez… somebody should pay me for these fanboy commercials… LOL

LOL....I couldn't imagine anyone else but you jon_slider for being Sofirn's next marketing manager. Very nice ads you have presented here. :-D I'm not sure about the third ad on the right, though. O:)

"Hey sweetheart...look....must've slipped right off your neck!" ;-)

Oh, thats Priscilla Presley, one of the spokesmodels for Crystal Light… drinking a glass full… I did not realize it might suggest other ideas to some people… I just like her eyes :slight_smile:

I figure black was a good color for her Sofirn :slight_smile:

I take it you know Raquel and Linda already?

Black is always beautiful, isn't it? ;-) I didn't know it was Priscilla but she should be our testimonial / advertising ambassador for Sofirn lights. Beauty meets beauty. You mean Raquel Welch? I'm not sure about "Linda". Please help me out.

good job, yes Welch, the Italian Bombshell, as a European, I figured you would pick her out,

Linda is Evans
Just a USA TV star :wink:
not an international SuperStar like Raquel

Priscilla, well… shes only a little bit famous
even an Elvis fan might not have recognized her

- YouTube

John, better know your bo…, eh bombshells. Raquel Welch is born in 1940 in the USA as Jo Raquel Tejada.
Separated from her fourth husband in 2008, who is now dating since 2010……. Priscilla Presley.

Does anyone know if the black version of the C01 with 3200K led is ‘really’ no longer available?

wow, cool
I learned something new today!

I only see 5600 in black here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sofirn-C01-BLF-Special-Mini-LED-Flashlight-AAA-Twisty-High-94-CRI-Yuji-LED-keychain-Flashlight/32952525303.html

you could buy a red or blue 3200 and move the head to a black body?:wink:

Or just remove the ano :sunglasses:

and maybe add some Oligodynamic plating?:

Thanks jon! I did it, bought 2 of them, 1 red, 1 blue, to offer! I asked about the black ones because of the reflector mostly, not the host colour!!

Hum, it is something that can be done, yes :wink: I’d like a different reflector, but I may have a different host colour :wink:

same here, I bought 2 black yesterday, just before reading they no longer have the original, NoHotSpot beam… I expect they will get given away, and or, I will sand one of the reflectors to eliminate the hotspot

My lights that arrived last week all have very strong-feeling clips.

I would not rule out the possibility of a “clip lottery,” though.

about C01 Clips

I have broken 1 clip from the first run Black C01, and, I have broken 1 Clip from my First run Red/Blue C01, while trying to remove them…

I have a love hate relationship w clips

l love the option to clip to a hat, otoh, I almost never clip to a pocket, instead I most often have a light in a pocket, all by itself. I have also been known to use what knife people call “pocket slips”, thin leather or felt sleeves, that I really like, when my fancy knife or light has to touch other things in my pocket.

I dislike the hand feel of a light with a clip on it, otoh, I hate when a light tries to roll off a table…

Clips are great for quick access, otoh, they can gouge other things I rub up against, can snag and escape my control, and in Brazil pickpocket slang, they are called “roubá-lo” (steal this)

Another consideration I sometimes have, is that people who see a clip on me, will think Im carrying a knife
(note to self: discuss at next therapy session, why I think people are checking me out, and why I care) :disguised_face:

Just to be consistently inconsistent:

Today Im living dangerously
Clipped to the back pocket of my Jeans is an RRT-01 with the Short Clip. I LOVE this thing. I hardly even feel it when I use the light.

In my RFP with my keys and coins is my Brass Folomov C1, clip removed… Im letting it get as scratched up as it wants to… Its a test, of my ability not to worry…

note the blue Sofirn C01 5600k is wearing the clip in Hatlamp position… this was a Major Coup! in the design of the Sofirn…

fwiw, the Folomov C1 (runs on 10440 LiIon) has a very similar beam, and comes in 3000k 95 CRI, also with a Hatlamp clip. The Folomov is like a Warm Sofirn on Steroids!

These little lights are great night-stand lights, I just ordered a couple more of the 3200k ones… I gave away two already…

Am looking for a couple of 3200k in black color if you guys have some please pm me

so… about 50 colored left… 3200k black is sold out… a since I just bought 2 more, there are 3 black neutral ones left now… did not dare to wait for a reply for the BLF discount… :beer:

I messaged Sofirn asking about the C01 Pro, any updates or any idea of when it’ll be released.

“yes, C01 Pro will come out soon.”

Not super useful, but at least we know it hasn’t been scrapped or anything and I do appreciate their quick response.

I just received my blue 3200K c01. It is certainly a nice light and compares very favorably with the fenix e01. Threads are very good, anodizing is very good and the light colour is nice and warm. I haven’t used it in the dark yet but will tonight.

I do want to give Sofirn a thank you for excellent service - above and beyond. I first ordered one of each of the black c01’s about the beginning of Dec. 2018. Sofirn advised that due to the Canada Post strike they couldn’t deliver however I asked them to ship it when they could and they agreed to this.

By mid Feb. I had not received the package so I instituted a “dispute” explaining that the last scan of the parcel was by Canada post at the end of Dec. They asked that I contact Canada Post to try to trace the parcel - I did this and Canada Post could not locate it. I advised Sofirn and they immediately refunded all of the money from the order.

I ordered the blue one about mid february and received it today.

Thanks again Sofirn for the excellent service and product.

John.