[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

here is a poll

I was curious… :wink:

Voted. I’m curious how many prefer HL.

Just tried to order two C01S, but can’t get them to accept any of my cards. I tried Visa prepaid, AMEX prepaid, then my regular VISA. All rejected for security reasons.

Do we get any discount on this one as well?

Your not on the ‘TSA No Fly List’ are you?? :open_mouth: :wink:

Probably / hopefully just a glitch in the system. It happened fo me once on AE too. It resolved itself in a few hours. Hopefully it will for you also… :beer:

I just hope there will be some left tomorrow.

/\ . Hopefully so… good luck! :+1:

I asked and got an answer:sorry, no group discount for C01S

To be honest - I couldn’t help myself and ordered one straight away - really good price anyway.
I really hope threads will be as good as on the original C01.

Will wait for low-high. Thanks djozz.

They will make nice gifts even in high-low, but for myself I am not interested

Did the C01S price go up? I saw it at 8…88 now 10…99

By the way the Link to order Black Sofirn C01 at AliExpress store
now goes to the C01S not the C01.

So Black C01 is sold out and
Blue C01 is sold out as well right?

Yeah, not sure whether it was an intentional pre-order price they were offering briefly, or if it was just an oversight (since for the C01S they reused the AliExpress listing for the black C01, which had a base price of $8.88). In any case, guess $10.99 is the price going forward.

On the original C01, although the BLF price was fixed at $6.50, the listed price changed regularly. So the price for the C01S might vary, too.

backup plan

Jon, I like the way you attached that swivel! How did you secure it in the clip slot?

That clip has a threaded hole. Remember, it’s a $25-30 ti McGizmo clip.

Nice! Looks “properly” worn.

By the way, I noticed you have a magnet installed. I bought some to fit in that slot and was told 3mm. But after glueing one in place, it’s sitting slightly lower than flush. What kind of glue did you use? I used Super Glue… and I’m thinking maybe I should have used something else, as the glue may have been too easily displaced. The neodymium magnet strength is still OK, and the light will attach to metal, but not quite as strong as I’d like.

That clip on the C01 looks like the Thrunite Ti3’s. Good thing I have a surplus of those.

@xevious, That light in the picture is one of the prototypes that has a slightly narrower magnet hole. I had to carefully hammer the magnet in (to not break the magnet) and it has no glue. I stopped hammering when the magnet was flush of course, but would not know if it goes any deeper.

But I just checked with a production model: a 3mm thick magnet does not sit lower than flush, even the opposite, it sticks out ever so slightly. The magnet measures exactly 3.0 mm. So either Sofirn’s tolerances are not great, or your magnet is a bit thinner than 3mm.