[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

there is an extra hole in the clip

that is not my light, the photo came from that link, and there are more photos there

Well, it’s been two days, and multiple attempts. It always directs me to appeal, but I refuse to send a photo of my credit card and a copy of my card statement. I have send a request to be told why I am getting the security message, so we will see what happens next.

Does Sofirn sell anywhere else besides Aliexpress?

I think they sell on Amazon too.

I’ve seen some of their lights on Gearbest as well, but not the C01/C01S if that’s what’s being sought here.

I ’think’ you can pay with PayPal at AliExpress. Maybe that would work if you have PayPal account.

Sorry your difficulty did not resolve as mine did.

Yes, you can, though AliExpress charges you a little extra for using PayPal.

You can use PayPal - that’s the only thing I use at AliExpress

How do you do that. PayPal is not an option offered when I try to check out.

Put the item in your cart and when you get to the payment part you should see this screen

check PayPal and continue

I also use paypal to buy from Ali
and agree the C01 is not on Amazon, nor gearbest, nor banggood
It IS on ebay, the price is two or three times higher than on Ali

I suggest if anyone wants a C01 from Ali, do it now, they only have red bodies left, theres 18 of the 3200k and 23 of the 5600k
here is the link
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sofirn-C01-BLF-Special-Mini-LED-Flashlight-AAA-High-94-CRI-Yuji-LED-keychain-Flashlight-Hat/32967363356.html

my guess is after that, the C01 will be gone from Ali, and will only be on ebay
the same thing is happening with the Fenix E01 btw, discontinued at USA retailers, but still on Ebay, for double the price

Or could it be that the bevel (rounding of the rim) of the magnet is sharper than the one inside the hole. In that case the magnet cannot reach the bottom of the hole.

I would have to pull out the reading glasses to check that :nerd_face:

My order is “awaiting shipment”, and the web page does not say “pre-sale” anymore. It seems the C01S lights are ready to go :slight_smile:

I just got the OK from Sofirn to publish the manual for the new C01S (formerly known as “C01 Pro”) on my sharepoint. Please note that I was asked to not change the name of the flashlight in the manual as it has already been printed with its former project name and is part of the content of each shipped C01S now.

The manual is available both in English and German language:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VFoxQ1hc2rKUoilGJK7i9GGg_Hd_WKQv?usp=sharing

Cheers,
Thomas

I already ordered a C01s but does anyone know if this is potted like the C01?

No idea. It has no hole in the driver to apply potting compound but it could also be applied from the ledboard shelf side. We will have to wait and see I guess. Same goes for the bezel: because it is a twisty it makes sense to glue the bezel (you could unscrew it in the twisting action) but if they really did that is a surprise.

Thank you. If you do get them to change the order of modes, I will probably pick up a bunch to give out as gifts.

I was thinking that a single mode version of this with ~ 30-60 lumens would be perfect to give out. Simple with good runtimes.

If you gift the current version without manual, they will never know it has 2 modes. But 30 lumen would give you more runtime of course.

At this moment the number one and two threads on the recent posts page: the 100.000 lumen Imalent and the 8 lumen C01 Yuji. You will have to tape together 12,500 C01’s to get the output of the MS18, that is more than 6 times the entire production of the C01 :slight_smile:

today I got notification from Ali that my order Sofirn C01 order from 2/26 has reached my post office
today tracking says “out for delivery”

that is just 13 days :slight_smile:

I think the C01 is almost sold out at Ali
people who are late to the party will still find it on Ebay, but it is at a higher price

Thanks
the manual says
“hard-anodized”
cool

I suggest Sofirn, or Lux-Perpetua, start a separate thread for the C01 PRO, aka C01s