[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

That sounds like a reasonable plan for body colors.

In case they want to tweak the production numbers (although I’m guessing as a start they’re just using up exactly two bags of Yuji’s), the list currently stands at 60% of the 3200K, 40% of the 5600K.

I have a hunch warm will be more popular in red bodies and daylight in blue bodies, but that’s just because my plan is to buy at least one each of mine that way.

As the price and shipping details firm up, shall we transition to a dedicated group buy thread? I think it might help maintain clarity not having the first 9 pages of discussion about a customized Fenix light in the thread.

Where is the complete list? In the first post I only see a couple members listed.

The problem is that Stef is chronically absent, the OP can not be updated. I will send him an app (I have his phonenr) , see if he responds to that.

We started a new list 10 pages into the discussion after Fenix showed minimal interest, and Sofirn stepped up to produce this light. Unfortunately, Stef wasn’t available to update the original post.

Link to the current list

Good news, because this means that stock production is going to start soon, as decisions are made. I think blue and red lights are going to end soon.

I am still interested in buying some single drivers, I will ask to Sofirn trough their Aliexpress Store.

Thanks for the news

very nice little light, esp. for the price

Put me down for a warm in red and a daylight in blue, thanks

Thanks!
If possibble I want to change. Now I saw that on the list I was signed for 3 pcs 3200K. I want only one 3200K and two 5600K instead. Thaks!

I had contact with Stef, he’s on an internet sabbatical (his words :smiley: ), but will update the OP on monday. I will ask him to add a direct link to the interest list too.

Was an option to pot the entire head (including the LED itself) with an optically clear potting compound considered? Seems like the most bomb-proof way out there…

Please put me down for 2 of each CCT if I’m not too late.

Interested in one of each version

Hello, First post here on blf but a longtime flashaholic. (no cure). Been at cpf since 2009. Anyway, if I'm not too late I would like 2 warm and 1 nw. chapstick cap standing by.

Not too late, the interest/group buy list is still open, there are about 800 lights spoken for and there’s 2000 being made, so there’s enough room for the list to grow still.

Welcome to BLF :slight_smile:

Please put me down for 1 warm plus 1 cold

thanks

List is updated through post 1256 (Sigster), but only on my spreadsheet. I’ll get the update online tomorrow.

Shortcut to the current list.

The above changes are included in the update.

Awesome!

As Barry said, plan is before Christmas. Latest price estimate is $6.50. I’m going to assume I should put you down for 5, but of course, the list is not binding, and I’m happy to change the number if you request.

Jay, Stef had some time to interupt his health retreat to the real world to post an update in the OP. Apart from some recent information, the OP now has a direct link to the interest list.

Great, so I’m in for 2×3200k (1 red & 1 black) and 2×5600k (1 blue & 1 black) instead of 1×5600k in red from post 790, thank you!

Me too and I prefer to buy on Aliexpress.

Hi folks, I took some time off from internet. Just checking in now to discover the latest developments: I think it is fantastic to see people still taking care for and of the low-tech side of the flashlight spectrum. Nifty design of the Sofirn C01 by the way, improving the Fenix E01 with options for tritium vial, tail magnet and a clip.

Great work by Sofirn making a flashlight dream come true by producing a reliable, potted, small, light-weight, high-CRI, single AAA, battery vampire, 5mm led, aluminum flashlight with an unprecedented price-quality ratio. True unicorn light in my view.

Last, but not least: a big thanks and thumbs up for both djozz and iamlucky13 for all their visible and invisible work to enable this project.

Can I add two of each CCT please?