battery wrapper woes

A battery making machine. I don't care where you're from, that there is dang funny. OP has wrapper woes. This solves that.

Do you just dump a front loader of cobalt in a hopper, turn the dial to the desired size and it shats an 18650 out the other side?

awesomeFoy

Finally, a way to make some REAL money! Maybe I should buy this machine and make and market my own batteries. I already have a name picked out. I shall call them "monsterready's!"

Decent wrapper, please!

Absolutely! I have also decided that if I am to make it in the battery business world, I am going to need to have a product that nobody else seems to have. How about a battery with a 12,000ma capacity!? That and a holographic label? Or maybe glitter? Damn, now you know they HAVE to be good! Lmao

"Foyacell"

Monster name already taken!

http://shop.monsterflashlight.com/1-Monster-Flashlight-Extended-Capacity-18650-Recharg-Battery-1x18650-EC.htm

Dang it! Just can't seem to get a break! Oh well, guess I'll have to make my millions somewhere else. LOL. Anyway, I received the heat shrink tubing today. I wrapped one battery and this stuff is really durable and holds well! All who are interested, just pm me your PayPal info and I'll sent you an invoice and get it out to you ASAP. Conus only please. Thanks, Monty

Any photos? Come on, let's see it!

could you link what you found on ebay?

I've been using regular shrink tube and I'm hoping what you found is thinner.

If I can do 5 x AA per foot I need ~50 ft :)

sorry bro, i'm having problems with this photobucket picture download thing.

monty

here is a link i found that may be of help. this stuff is much thinner than regular heat shrink tubing. it's still pretty durable. it wrapped the batteries nice and tight but i cut it alittle short so it slightly lips up at the end making the corner of the end of the battery. all i have to do is cut it a few mm longer and that should lay down nice and flat. my wife has a craft paper cutting table. chopped the pieces nice and square so they wrapped up uniformly. there are a few wrinkles that didn't lay down because i didn't heat evenly at first. they still look good(as good as battery packs i've seen built) and more importantly, i feel safe putting these batteries in my charger and lights. no more exposed contacts with crappy wrappers!!!

monty

oh yeah, here ya go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220887808158?var=520053932847&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

i believe he sells other sizes too.

monty

Monty, thanks for putting this together for us. I love my Tenergy's but will love them more after they have been wrapped.

Question for you. Did you put this wrap directly over the Tenergy wrap or did you remove the original first?

Rob

no problem rob! glad to help people out. i peeled the wrappers completely off. i cut the new shrink wrap to overlap each end of the battery approx 5mm. i used a blow dryer. this stuff has a low melt point so it's plenty of heat. slip the fresh cut sleeve over the battery and center it. apply heat evenly so to avoid wrinkles and creases. my batteries have a slight amount of crinkle to them but they are completely functional and more importanty safe to use!

thanks again,

monty

Thank you for the site photos.

thanks for the link, this stuff should be much better (thinner) than the regular shrink i've been using

Sent you a PM about the 4 feet of shrink wrap I need.

Thanks for the deal.

You don't need to use the hair dryer

just short the battery it will heat up ..nice and hot

Wait a minute..... that's a dino shill

I used a hair dryer on low. Seemed to shrink more uniformly. I used one of the newly wrapped batteries in an xm-l light that I have and after I heated the battery up in that light, there are ni wrinkles on the wrappers! LOL

All my Tenergy cells have turned Green.

I used the new wrap over the Tenergy wrapper and they still fit into all of my lights.

I had a few wrinkles after the hairdryer treatment, but a few VERY quick passes with a Bic lighter made them as smooth as factory wrapping.