Beamshots X6 vs TN31 vs 7G5 w/collimator

I like how your dog is checking out the wall in the first one. He likes flashlights also :smiley:

Yes he loves chasing the beams… :smiley:

When you put the Crleant 7G5V2 beam inside of the TN31, it doesn’t appear any brighter to me. If it truly were brighter on the wall, you would see the oultline of the square beam inside of the TN31 beam. And in the picture you can’t.

It does show the led in the beam of the TN31 but I can’t get the camera to get a shot of it. There was a friend of mine here earlier and he saw what I saw. So pictures don’t always show the truth!!!

I believe you what you say on the wall. But there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind on a manual exposure setting with a 0.7 sec shutter in those pictures above what light is in fact the better thrower especially at that distance. The photos aren’t going to lie at that distance.

Rikr, correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think a wall shot in any way indicates which light will throw farther.What I am try to say is a light appearing brighter on a wall does not mean that it will throw farther. Just my thoughts. Super throwers like these lights need room to stretch their long legs. In the earlier photos I think I have to agree with Brad though. I have to give the edge to the tn31. Either way great photos and great comparison. Keep em coming!

I think Rikr is right though. I see it like the camera sensor is more saturated where the crelant hits and slightly less so where the TN31 hits.

But for a cool light with great UI and very usable light pattern I'd take the TN31 any day. And that's from a guy who loooves his zoomies!

(Unless the Crelant was a flood to throw type light but the lens is fixed distance isn't it? Please tell me it is or i might buy it too LOL! )

I just wished that all my other what I thought was great XM-L throwers at the time and they in fact were, was as bright and threw as well as the K40 or TN31. These new lights make our old ones obsolete. And in another year or so I’m sure the same will be said about the K40 and TN31.

But right now as we speak, the TN31 and K40 are the best bang for your buck throwers with the best overall quality you can get for your money.

I agree and I think the TN31 is an awesome thrower.

I don't know but my 110kcd Stanley Fatmax XM-L spotlight is much cheaper than these lights and throws just as well. All for 30 dollars.

Yeah. They just keep giving me new lights to lust over.

Yea but it’s a plastic light and the quality isn’t near the same.

And I honestly doubt that a Fat Max will truly out throw a TN31 or a K40.

It is on par with my dedomed 9 amp X6... It is a pretty damn good thrower.

It may be, but I doubt you will see 110,000 lux out of either on a calibrated light meter.

Maybe my light meter is inaccurate but they both kick the STL-V2s butt. If I get a chance I'll try to take some beamshots but there isn't really anywhere to taken any around here.

I don’t have a Fat max or dedomed X6. But rikr does have a dedomed X6. Maybe he can clear the air on that one anyway. My money is on the TN31 easily.

My X6 also has an upgraded driver so it is not driven at 5 amps like rikr's. If it helps convince you the Fatmax is rated at 100.267kcd Ansi FL1 standard.

I think rikr’s photos here pretty well shows that the TN31 won the throw battle vs the Crelant 7G5V2 collimator head. I’m almost positive that a dedomed X6 won’t even come close to doing that. I don’t have a X6, but I believe a stock a SR51 beats it in lux from what I have seen on youtube comparing the 2.

That’s probably what Stanley says. But the TN31 according to selfbuilts calibrated light meter which by the way is a lot better than what most guys here have our what other companies may use is said to be 112,800 lux@1m.

That’s why I laugh at all the high lux meter variances here that folks say they are getting from their cheap light meters. It’s a joke.