best value rechargeable AAA batteries

Yes, it is strange, and I have no explanation for it. I realize that to have good data more and longer testing would have to be done. However, my purpose was to determine if there was a viable alternative to Eneloops which had increased in price. The Eneloops hold their charge better than anything else I have tried, but if one is using the batteries regularly the Tenergy Premium is about half the price and longer running than my 2nd gen Eneloops. The new Duracell rechargeables may be the best buy.

So although more tests would be necessary to arrive at a conclusion as to what each would do, that was not my purpose. It sure would take more time than I am willing to spend. I wish someone would test at what point the various batteries reach different percentages of charge.

Regards,
Jerry

It sure takes a lot of time and record keeping. I was just “hoping” you’d continue on and that’s reason for my use of :slight_smile: and :wink: . Well done for what you have done.

“Keyko Japan” is the company name. A quick search on the Internet finds no Japanese high tech company with this name. Neither it is located in Japan. Nor are the batteries made in Japan.

The batteries are probably made in China and use the name “Japan” to deceive unsuspected buyers.

Keyko Technologies
Level 9 Ariake Frontier Building Tower B
3-7-26 Ariake Koto-ku
Tokyo 135-0063 , Japan
Phone +81-3-5530-8202

I believe it is a Japan company and the cells are made in China. Pulling up google Import/shipping data from them, they are shipping out of Hong Kong to a distributer in Florida.

Thanks, BLightSam,
Maybe someone smarter than me will decide to do something like that. However, there is really very little interest in alkaline batteries. I am convinced that they get a bad rap and that there is a good use of them.
Jerry

n10sivern,

Having an office in Japan without any manufacturing facilities there does not make that company’s products “Made in Japan.”

You have the right to spend your money on any product you wish but as a fellow forum member, I would not recommend you buy an unknown brand that claims to be Japanese. A company that lies about its location would surely lie about the technical specifications of their products. HKJ did many tests on batteries. If you want to save money by buying Chinese batteries (your frugality is commendable), you would likely save more by checking out HKJ’s reviews and selecting the best value for the money.

It would not make you happy to end up with junk like these batteries tested by HKJ here:
Test/Review of GTL 18650 5000mAh (Blue)

“Made in Japan” AAA Envelops can be purchased in bulk (20 batteries or more) today for under $1.70 each. Therefore, I do not see any point in saving a few cents per battery on some unknown brand that surely will not last as many cycles as Eneloops, may be much lower in capacity than advertised, and is extremely likely to end up being total junk like the one in the review above.

Good luck in whatever you decide to buy.

(Made in Japan” AAA Envelops can be purchased in bulk (20 batteries or more) today for under $1.70 each.)

Where?
Jerry

trume_3454, I don’t recall ever saying they were “made in japan”. I don’t NEED eneloops to power remotes and toys. There is a difference in buying the best for the hell of it and buying what is adequate for the job. I have eneloops now, I just don’t need all eneloops for low drain applications. I just prefer rechargeables to alkaline.

and is that including shipping, or ??

As some already have said, IKEA LADDA.

Not the absolutely cheapest. Not the absolutely highest capacity. Not the best number of cycles.

But do some math and you may find, as I have done, that they are the best value.

If Eneloop batteries are $3 -$4 each, and for awhile that is all I could find, then Tenergy Premium is a better “bang for the buck.” They cost less than $2 each. However, I am convinced that the Japan Duracell ioncore has become the best buy in a high quality battery. On eBay they are slightly over $2 each. If they are in fact rebranded Eneloops then they are a great buy. I have some and so far like them, but I have only had them for a couple of months.
I am having good results with EBL batteries, although they self discharge faster than some others.

Jerry

Jerry and Hank,

You can get them in bulk over at nkon. Under $1.70 each (including shipping) is today’s price for US. It would likely be significantly higher for other countries. If you are not in a hurry to buy now and would rather wait to get a better price, you have a very good chance of getting them below $1.50 each, perhaps as low as $1.35 if Deutsche Bank forecast comes to life and Shinzō Abe’s mentality continues to dominate Japan’s economic thought. Prices would fluctuate daily but over the long term are heading lower. I have put the Deutsche Bank forecast into the chart below for you if you want to wait to buy closer to the red line.

Good luck.

Hmmm interesting site. They have Fujitsu AA batteries for $5.95 eur for a 4 pack. I put 4 packs of four in the cart and with shipping it came out to $2.11 USD per battery for what is essentially a 4th gen eneloop.

Thanks, Trumie.
Jerry

I recently bought some AAA Tronic batteries at my local Lidl store. Rated at 950mAh, they’re more like 850-900mAh but hey - they only cost £3 for a pack of four. They’re precharged LSDs and are supposed to retain 75% of their charge after 1 year. Not exactly cutting edge Eneloop busters but for the price…

They all seem to have a manufacturing date of July 2014. Cs and Ds cost £3 for two; AA were as AAA.

It will be interesting to see how you like them.
Jerry

“Eneloop Lite”?
These look like the answer for low drain devices, to avoid using alkalines?

http://ru.nkon.nl/rechargeable/aa-size/4-aa-eneloop-lite.html

“ru.nkon.nl” — is this a Russian site? Netherlands? I’m puzzled by the name and by the info in the checkout system, that says

Eneloops can be charged over 1000x while others may be more powerful, but can only be charged 500x.

I was visiting the Costco in Honolulu today and found these (12 AAA for 19.99), The batteries are marked as “Made in Japan”:

I hope they also have AA cells. Do they?