best value rechargeable AAA batteries

Same price in Connecticut

if you just want “cheap” but “does the job”? Just to try out a cheap alternative? We are getting some surprisingly useful initial numbers off of the harbor freight AAA rechargeables.

heck, i just went to HF, and all of the AAA rechargeables in the heavy duty pack were sold, lol… I asked the girl working, and she said they usually dont sell that many rechargeables? (all off brands, go figure) and for “no real reason” people have been suddenly coming in and buying a couple packs of AAA rechargeables at a time…

shrugs its in a thread here, so i figure i believe it.

“cheap”, “seems to have high capacity”, locally available… could be a winner

The Harbor Freight batteries sound worthwhile to try out for my 3-AAA flashlights. Just got my HF sale/coupon book today, so will head over there this week to see what they have. Otherwise, probably head to Costco.

The star in the top right corner of the price label indicates these will not be re-ordered in the warehouse, it could also mean the price may drop as well.
When Costco drops their prices for an item, the price (usually) will end with .97.
I am waiting it out, perhaps the first of the month will drop the price?

Yes, they had AA, but they were only 10 for $19.99, like the other post by dchomak, so I just got the AAA pack.

Yes, they had AA, but they were only 10 for $19.99, like the other post by dchomak, so I just got the AAA pack.

We might as well wait for the Star Effect, as Paul321 predicts in his post above? :beer:

I think the OP was looking for Harbor Freight 900mAh AAA’s
They are as low as $5.45 pk of 4 with 20% coupon.

Very good little batteries actually.
Anyone looking for inexpensive but very good AA’s or AAA’s might give them a try.

Their AA’s are 2200mAh and usually test out at above that.

I’ve had some last many years.

I have been favorably impressed with the HF AA and AAA I have tried. I have found thay equal or exceed run times of eneloops and Duracell NiMh. Have no experience with longevity, but if the last they will be hard to beat.

For cheap Alkys the Sunbeams from the Dollar Store are great. HF’s aren’t bad either.
Jerry

Tell me Costco isn’t serious about selling eneloops!

The display still has an asterisk, meaning that they will go to clearance, but they are still being offered at $19.99

Costco will clear out the eneloops, and not re-order waiting for the clearance price drop :wink:
They do sell the kit of 8 AA and 4 AAA cells with charger for $29.99, from time to time a $6 coupon is offered.
This was in October 2016 Costco

Tad lower specific power and mostly in higher drainages, but higher energy density elsewhere. At €5.45/4-pack + s/h at nkon, great value for the money.

Cheers ^:)

https://www.fasttech.com/product/1140601

Ikea Ladda is awesome value, especially since I found out that they typically have about 10 - 15 % more capacity than advertised. MC3000 charger charge-discharge-charge cycle.