BLF Interest list for Very High Current Beryllium Copper springs Pt1(ENDED)

Wed, 08/01/2018 - 15:33………. #358

@ vestureofblood …… Have your springs showed up yet my friend??
Still ‘no joy’ for mine. Maybe tomorrow…… :wink:

They did show up… a bit torn up.

The springs decided to escape out of his order into the US wilderness to say it lightly.

I’ll have to resend him the necessary springs.

Oh…OK. :+1:

That’s a shame. :person_facepalming: . :slight_smile:

It looks like I am odd man out at this point then…… :slight_smile: I think Dale said he got his a couple of days ago & don’t know when VOB’s “kinda” showed up. Sooo…. maybe tomorrow for me. :wink:

If needed I can give up some of my springs to cover the ones that were lost.

Nah. I’m just going to remove 75 of my big springs to cover them.

It’s my fault for packing his package without enough tape to prevent tears from the death machines of the US post office.

Sorry for not being too active here at the thread, but I’m just currently waiting for my contact at the company to respond to begin sending out PMs.

Bulky envelopes like the one you sent me with 100 large springs in it are not run through the machines, they handle those manually… or so I’m told at our Post Office. My envelope had a rip in it but the insides were intact. (I did NOT count all the springs! :stuck_out_tongue: )

I use a lot of the 2” wide packing tape, that stuff is really tough and would seal up an envelope easily.

Yep. I’m going to get out the big stuff to wrap them until the bubble mailers come from slow boat China like teachers’s GT mini :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, you should have 100 springs. I counted them manually TWICE for each package I sent :beer:

Yeah, I’m sure you did… I was just saying they’re a twisted up mess of vipers and I figured it was much easier to trust you on it than sort em out. :stuck_out_tongue: LOL

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …… Good luck with that wait. :person_facepalming: . :wink: . :smiley:

Oh yeah, still no joy on my springs, maybe tomorrow. :wink:

Got my large springs yesterday. Thanks for the effort of doing this. :beer:
As reported by others my envelope was also ripped on the end but the springs stayed inside the envelope.

Hmmmm…. What size & type envelope were these mailed in??

Standard envelope. For some reason, I forgot to order bubble mailers ahead of time(I didn’t have any left unfortunately :cry: ), and I only had standard envelopes.

And my sorry ass forgot to put packing tape in these envelopes to prevent tearing. I do not know why I forgot to do this. I usually do this when sending packets that are heavy inside envelopes since shipping outside of Canada is not cheap.

I don’t know what happened in my mind, but this is the final straw. I now have 4 packs of packing tape right from the hardware store always on my desk.

BTW, how come MRsDNF received his springs before teacher’s? He is really on an unlucky streak of shipping troubles. The Mini GT, my springs, etc. I wonder why an Aussie on the other side of the world can receive sooner than my southern neighbors.

I had (blf member) Nitro send me a few xml and xpg blf Sinkpads about 5 years ago from a GB. He shipped them in a small envelope.
All I got was a empty torn envelope with nothing in it. I did some postal Service investigating. For a envelope they are two different shipping methods. One goes through a sorting machine that eats small parts and sinkpads that are shipped in a envelope :person_facepalming: . Method two is hand sorted mail and they charge a extra fee for this service (no sorting machine). So that could be a possible cause if your envelopes are tore.
BTW Nitro had paid the extra fee and the postal service did a investigation. I never heard the results but nitro did reship my order.

:smiley: :smiley: …. On a positive note, the Mini GT finally arrived today. :+1:
Maybe this will start a ‘Lucky Streak’ & my springs will show up tomorrow… or soon anyway. :wink:

Lucky maybe that I received them, unlucky in that it will be along time before I get to use them. Holidays are going to get in the way.

Even when you mark a plain paper envelope non machinable (pay the fee etc) there is still a good chance that the envelope will get machined. Even if the outside of the thing is covered in packing tape etc. They just look too much like any other piece of mail I guess. I don’t ship anything hard in them at all anymore unless its like a gift card with several sheets of paper around it.

Not sure how it works outside the US, but if you really want to try to save $1-2 on shipping you can still get “letter rate” with no tracking by putting items in a manilla evelope. I get the large business size ones (11x8) put the goodies inside, then seal it, fold it in half and tape the edges. It’s as bullet proof as paper will ever be. As long as the thickest part of it is not more than 3/4” thick you can get the letter rate which is usually around $1. Using the large envelope folded in half makes it “look” very flat (fewer shakedowns by the postie this way) and is harder to loose also.

The zip-lock baggie of 100 large springs made a pretty thick bulge in the envelope, for sure. So it wouldn’t have gone through a machine. There was regular Scotch tape all over the envelope to re-enforce it, which is why I said that 2” wide packing tape would have made it much easier and quicker. (label the envelope, seal it up around the edges with the heavy packing tape and cover the envelope front and back, put the springs inside and seal the flap, then seal it again with the heavy tape. In this way the entire envelope is secured by the strong packing tape, yet adding virtually no measurable weight.)

Yes, Nitro had some losses with those… the thin but heavy copper MCPCB’s had enough sharp edges to find their own way out, machines or no…

You can order something from arrow.com for like $1 and free shipping and have enough packaging material for 20 orders

Same thing with Avent. I remember when SST90 first came out, you could order 1 led and it would come in a shoe box.