*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

Is the firmware on this lantern able to be flashed later on to upgrade it with new features, or is it burned in at the factory and can’t be changed?

If it comes out of the minds at BLF it should be easily modded; though that is a good question.

last I heard there would be programming pins accessible when the battery tube is removed to change the firmware. They were still there as recently as June 2019, I would be surprised if they disappeared somehow. DBSAR could confirm.

Hey @DBSAR

I was originally on the list for 1 light. Can I get on the list for 2 now instead? Thanks a ton.

I’m not DBSAR but I added you :slight_smile:

Yep there are programming pins for modders to work with.

Complete noob here, what is the benefit of desoldering 2 channels instead of lowering the ceiling via the firmware?

@sc00ts19, you get higher LED efficiency, lower cost, and the option to mod for higher output if you want.

Sigshooter is the boss of that department! but he added you for another. :+1:

I am interested in one lantern if there is still time to get in on the group buy. Thanks.

Stupid question but I searched the first few pages and didn’t see anything about low voltage protection which I’m assuming is built in like other BLF lights. Just curious because I have plenty of unprotected cells.

here you go

Not exactly accurate though, as the light, like the Q8, has a brass ring for the cell positive terminal. Ideally one would use button top cells, but there are ways around that which have been discusses on many other threads.

Yep. No need for protected cells.

Mark me down for one!

The BLF LT1 has low voltage protection, so un-protected cells are good to use.

Put me on the list for one please!

Please put me down for 1 more,for a total of 2.

ok a photo from last night at 1 am, when our power was out. in this photo was the BLF LT1 samples sent from Barry & Sofirm and the original V1 prototype i built 3 years ago. The latest is on the island on the left, running at roughly 70% output in 4000K tint ramp mode, in the middle on the toaster-oven, was the old original V1 prototype running on maximum mode (3000K LH351B LEDs, this is the very first prototype based from a SRK flashlight, beat & used roughly on camping trips & testing for years,) and on the right sitting on the refrigerator was the first test Sofirn LT1 sample running on roughly 75% , (mode 4 of the 5-mode stepped-ramp setting of Andruil, with a top-globe reflector shade added, and set at roughly 3700K tint setting.
-Take note of how much light these three are providing in my kitchen, which can do this for 3 hours a night for 4 or 5 nights on one charge, and note the absolutely perfect color rendering tint they are providing, and how smooth the light is without artifacts or hard-light glare. This photo is as close to what my eyes actually see it as. I just hope you all can enjoy the capabilities this lantern offers, & enjoy what the BLF LT1 offers to the market that has lacked for so long.

Looks awesome Den! :+1:

Great shot. I want to know more about the faucet that appears to be mounted on the right side wall.