*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

When I first started using 18650 lights, all I had was laptop pulls. I still use some of them pretty regularly, and they work fine for some things. The LT1 lantern is one of the things that a set of laptop pulls should work GREAT in, because it’s low draw, and has a built-in charger as well.

Of course newer, higher capacity cells will be better for runtime between charges. But with such a low draw, and four cells in parallel, that’s almost a moot point for most of us. If you have a good solar cell, like that one DBSAR recommended, you probably will never see the advantage of a few extra amp-hours of capacity.

I am interested in a lantern, if it is not too late.

Please add me to the list, thanks!

Hello, I’m interested in one as well! Thanks for an awesome design.

Please add me to the list for one more for a total of 5.

Ok please bump me up from 2 to 3. Gonna make a great Xmas gift for someone.

How many lumens can this sustain?

All of them :smiley:

Well it says 850-1000 with four 7135s. With 5/7 it’ll be more so that’s quite good. Can’t still find any official lumen ratings though. I guess they’ll come later.

Once a couple well-known light reviewers can get one to review & measure, its difficult to measure exactly as my lux meter’s Alkaleak batteries leaked and corroded it bad.

It’ll be difficult anyway, because of the lantern form factor. I’m interested to see how somebody figures it out.

I’m in for review :slight_smile:
If not I am already on the list for a few :smiley:

Is this bolt used as part of the electrical circuit?

No, just overall better waterproofing.

no

Tbh I don’t really need to know the exact lumens . Just needed to know it was over 1000. How’s the tint on this thing? Some ppl say the LH351Ds are a bit green. Is there a built in filter to make the tint rosier?

I might put some black shrink tubing on that bail handle. Give it a bit of grippiness, and ‘blackout’ appearance.

I’ll also add that since it appears the handle holes go all the way through, it should be possible to replace the existing interior bail with a larger one on the outside, if desired. This could allow a bail that it easier to hand carry if you need to do so. Paracord might also be used in place of the existing bail, but I don’t see the benefit.

I like the existing bail fine, but am simply pointing out possibilities :wink: .

If your setup is well thought out it is no problem. i.e. my sphere has an auxiliary light so I can correct for altering reflectivity. So I can stick the lantern in, correct for that and then measure the output mostly correct. (provided the head diameter is less than 80mm or it will not fit into the entrance hole of the sphere).

No problem to ship to Canada if batteries are inserted in the flashlight.

It’s all about shipping cost and shipping time.