*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

It's too bad he didn't ask for, "Designed by DBSAR in Canada". That would have been the icing on the cake.

We know who he is and where he is :sunglasses:

You're missing the joke: it's mimicking Apple's phrasing.

missed that indeed :slight_smile:

Please add me to the list for one lantern.
I´m also interested in an 32650 adapter. Have ssome of them lying around.

Please put me on the list for one. Thanks!

Please add me to the list!

Please put me on the list for one lantern. Great job on this project, thanks for all the thoughtful and diligent work!

Definitely want one of these. Have been watching and waiting for at least a year.

Put me down for 1 lantern please.

How hard is it to change the diffuser, it could possibly be another thing in the accessory kit

There’s pretty much no chance it will be green looking unless you have it on 5000K. Two reasons, no AR glass lens to shift the tint and when mixing with 2700K it will bring it way down on BBL.

The light I built with 2700K+5000K LH351D ended up between 3400K and 3600K and was below BBL at all levels. This one is obviously adjustable but if you look along this line you will see why you dont have to worry about green:

Its a matter of removing the center bolt, & un-soldering the three LED leads to swap out the shade/globe.

With the lantern configuration and modest current, it would have been possible to have a small plug in connector inside the center tube in between the driver and the led PCB or right on the PCB to avoid soldering in that situation. That would allow disassembly and swapping the whole led PCB easily, although it will probably not happen very often… Maybe something to keep in mind for V2?

I would expect that the people who would ever like to swap MCPCB’s or shades, mostly coincide with people who have basic soldering skills, in that case a plug connection would cater just a few people. Me, knowing the relibility of a decent soldering connection, see a plug connection for over 1A as something that can go finicky over time.

I would expect that the people who would ever like to swap MCPCB’s or shades, mostly coincide with people who would like to swap P60 dropins. Which I believe is a much larger group.
Related thread, there’s Lexel’s proposal for a similar type of connection for a similar but different use:

I’d like to be placed on the list for two lanterns please.

Just curious, and I may have missed this somewhere in these 200+ pages, does anyone have any thoughts on how this lantern compares to the latest offerings from Fenix?

Also, am I correct in understanding that the power bank function discussed as a possible feature was not incorporated into this version of the lantern.

Thanks.

welcome to BLF Bake. I have not seen any comparisons to any Fenix lanterns yet. No, the power bank is not in this version, if there’s a V2 I imagine it would be in that one.

Enjoy your stay here!

Probably better than the Fenix offerings, if only because its likely commercially unviable to put in the massive amount of research, prototyping and refinement that DBSAR and the BLF team did into the LT1 over several years!

that is definitely possible, ( as i added one on the test unit for testing the shade frosting levels.

That indeed, with real world testing & use, added that the LT1 will have superior run times, modes, tints range, & capability.