*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

I ordered my lantern from Amazon on October 11. It passed through customs in Chicago this past Saturday and is out for delivery today. Hell yeah!

I am happy for you.

I ordered on the 10th and tracking still only shows it....

Thursday, October 17 1:37 PM

Package has left the carrier facility

GuangDongShengGuangZhouShi 51040034,

I have to be patient and wait until ....

Arriving November 6 - November 29

Sigh :FACEPALM:

Probably still under a pile of other stuff in a corner.

Jigsaw, I hope you like it as much as I do! Are your cells already charged or do you plan on testing the built in charger?

Last night I used it for an hour at a higher output then again all night in nightlight mode (as dim as possible in smooth ramping) and today it still reports 4.1v. Clearly I’m not stressing this light. That will be the 3rd or 4th night, I lost count, with no reported change in the charge level.

MtnDon, are you using Amazon tracking or USPS tracking? That was my mistake and why when it arrived I was surprised. It’ll be tracked by USPS once in country and scanned by them.

OH!!!! Just now I re-checked USPS and it now shows.....

5:29 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

MtnDon, What is that from you as far as delivery? 1-2 days at most?

Roads are clear, no rain. Come on Pony Express, use the whip!! 3 hr 48 min - 194miles to go

October 28, 2019, 7:36 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
EUGENE OR DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in EUGENE OR DISTRIBUTION CENTER on October 28, 2019 at 7:36 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

October 28, 2019, 4:01 am
Departed USPS Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215

October 28, 2019, 12:49 am
Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
PORTLAND, OR 97215

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
October 17, 2019, 4:18 am
GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA

October 17, 2019, 1:19 am
GUANGZHOU, CHINA

October 17, 2019, 12:15 am
Acceptance
CHINA

It wont, based on testing with Amazon Basics 2.0 version. Amazon.com
Wont charge or even power on with the batteries removed.

I ordered mine with batteries so I’ll have to see what their state of charge is when they arrive. I recently bought a Sofirn sp36 and the cells arrived at 3.7v. I assume these will be similar.

Maybe 3, but I have seen worse and the odd one quicker. We’ll see. But it is time to get the new 35E cells balance charged before sticing them in the light.

Received mine (#282) today.
It’s just a lantern but it is so nice in the same time, wow, i’m super happy. Thank you DBSAR and the LT1 team !

Beautiful photo! :+1:

UPDATE: Oct,28,2019 Ok for those trying to use the tricky USB C-to-C type chargers, they will not work at this time without using a USB-A to C adapter. some of the new C to C type chargers have a circuit that senses a certain resistance on one of the channels of the type-C pin out, and not all of them will charge the LT1. However most every common standard wall USB charger (with the common A-type socket) will charge the LT1 as the lantern comes with a C to A charge cord. As will most every car adapter, solar panel, powerbank,(with the A-port) and any USB source will charge the lantern fine. Just use any standard source, as a simple 2-Amp wall adapter will charge the LT1 with no problems. future models may have the USB resistor in place to enable those wanting to use a C to C type phone charger.

Okay. I’ve been keeping track of this thread off and on but I’m needing some clarification. Are we still needing to wait on codes to be sent to us or do we just follow the eBay link and submit an offer as mentioned? I’m ready to order but after the hold on orders I’m not sure what the correct way is.

Is there a place on the lantern board to attach the appropriate resistor? Is it that simple or must there be a broader reworking? And/or putting the change into batch two.

Given the probably long life of the lantern, making it true USB-C would make sense as older power sources are replaced.

As far as we know Sofirn will contact people on the list by numbers, to send codes to.

There is not a location on the current driver, (but those with MCPCB soldering abilities could possibly solder in a wired-type 5.1K ohm 1/8 watt resistor to allow the C-to-C type chargers to work.

I am confused about this type-c charging people are having. I want to know does my type-c charger that came with my Samsung phone work for this lantern?

Is it a Type C charger, or a Type A charger with an A to C cable?

A Type C charger will typically need a C to A (female) adapter that you plug the supplied A to C cable into. (See THIS POST.

A Type A charger will work as-is with the supplied A to C cable.

I think the resistor should be 5.1k ohm ( = 5100 ohm) not 5.1 ohm

Mine is an usb on one end and type c on the other. The usb goes into a adapter that plugs into the wall socket.