*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

:+1: That is one of the many original intentions for designing the LT1, is that if you have the lantern in the room at night electricity goes out, and have the switch glowing, you can easily find it waiting & ready. also when running it at between 50 to 70% output for 5 hours per night, you got a week or more of battery reserve before you need to charge it if your power is out for days. add a good quality 10+ watt polar panel USB charger, then you will have free lighting indefinitely if the electricity were to never return again. (well at least for a good few years as long as you have daylight each day and good quality four cells in the LT1. Unlike 90% of the consumer store-bought lanterns out there that use Alkaleak batteries, with the LT1 locked out mechanically it can sit around for years unused holding a good charge, and not have to worry about batteries leaking and corroding it. :smiley:

Seems some people have very low morals, jumping the que was bad enough but to order multiples and deny so many others is really low. Hopefully karma will deal with these sad people.

On the plus side, I was repairing my wood store roof today and the LT1 was on full power for hours. It was a great light source, far better than a traditional torch for this application. Temperature got slightly warm to touch and thatā€™s with all chips enabled. Probably 6 hours on full with 30Qā€™s and quick batt check at end showed 3.2v so a little life left. Popped the cable in for charge but realised it would take all night so now the cells are in the MiBoxer at 2A each :smiley:

Looking forward to the next batch so I can add another and then in the long run the pro/premium/mk2 version hopefully :+1:

Anyone out there who ordered from Amazon still waiting for theirs to leave China? I ordered back on the 14th is has shipped but the last status I have is from the 18th where it says ā€œProcessed through facilityā€. There has been no updates since then and Iā€™m beginning to suspect it was lost in shipping.

If it is in fact lost, Iā€™m hoping Sofirn will still make sure I can order 2 of them from the next batch.

It is not uncommon to wait over a month for packages shipped from China (to the US anyway) with very little tracking along the way. It gets my nerves up sometimes even though Iā€™ve seen it nearly every time, so I get where you are coming from. It is still early enough that you donā€™t have a good reason to worry. Amazon domestic shipping is awesome, but this thing is coming on the proverbial ā€œslow boatā€.

I find that the tracking works much better after it makes land in the US and is handed over to USPS.

Oh Iā€™m very aware of that, Iā€™ve ordered plenty from China so I understand the drill. Iā€™m mostly asking for anyone who runs into such an issue, just wanting to make sure Sofirn makes sure everyone of the 3000 get the lights we signed up for (eventually). I also have seen number of people who ordered from Amazon are starting to receive theirs and so Iā€™m getting antsy :slight_smile:

Looks like you are in 2 weeks from leaving China. Could be between 3 days and 3-4 weeks. Customs can hang things up randomly. Mine took 9 days before it showed up at NYC, another recent one took 10 days.

Searched but can not find anything, but what is the trim pot on the under side next to the battery contact?

Cant even find the photo now.

I am in the first batch of 3000 in the codes list, but my eBay offer keeps timing out. How do I get my light?

Mine order is also in a similar situationā€¦I (being the conspiracy observationalist that I am) would speculate that people who are NOT on the group buy may have been displacing legitimate purchasers by purchasing stock that is not intended for them, because sofirnā€™s allotment system was flawed. They probably have produced more than 500, intentionally anticipating an overbuy, but are likely trying to regulate the shippable stock to 500 for now as per the apparent understanding with BLF. They
probably have generated active placeholder tracking numbers, and will deal with issues at will.

Again, just pure speculation, but having some experience in the lighting industry, these ethically gray practices are more prevalent than one would expect.

How long did you let it run for and which mode?

Mine left GuangDongShengGuangZhouShi on the 18th and again on the 19th and thats the last update so far.
Based on my experience with shipping from china Iā€™ll give it about 4 more weeks untill I start to worry.

When buying from China, itā€™s best to just forget about it for a month. If it doesnā€™t show up then start tracking. Iā€™ve had an item in ā€œacceptedā€ and it took two weeks to move to ā€œprocessed through facilityā€ status. I donā€™t know how big that facility is.

At the time I placed my order I honestly had no idea it was to sell in order. On the product page they mentioned to just quote username for the gb price. Never read the 1 piece limit until after my order was placed. Sofirn had access to the list and could see my number, no reason they didnā€™t decline my order as it isnā€™t final until you pay.

Iā€™ve been on other group buys and it hasnā€™t been the case either.

Look again, Iā€™m on for 12pcs not 10

Other than playing with it at various brightness levels in different rooms trying to do ā€œstuffā€ to feel it out, it has been run every night starting at 1900 and being shut off between 0600 and 0700. I just learned that I have a VERY long way to go before I need to worry about charging it. Itā€™s in smooth ramping and at the lowest brightness. If I remember correctly it was stated that 50-70% output for a week would need charging.

They have disabled the sales through Ebay & AliExpress due to people jumping the list and others ordering outside of BLF using other list members names. The first batch is the first 500 on the list, then the next batch by list numbers. if your a higher later number, you will be able to order the light when they begin sending out codes by list number for use on Amazon for now, and they will work on fixing the problem with their Ebay & AE stores.

Was this official communication from Sofirn or just a guess?

Check the first postā€¦ DBSAR running the group buyā€¦

Sofirn need to churn out a few thousand more lights, no amount of discussion about their initial buying method (and its non-sequential nature) will make that go any faster.

Itā€™s a waiting to be made game, before the waiting to be shipped game and waiting to arrive gameā€¦

This was discussed in the LT1 team group chat with Sofirn, and confirmed.

Aah, why do people such things?