*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

No worries, I have been closely following this thread from day one, and am aware of the wonderful people who we can thank for running the GB.
Instead the reason I was asking is because the light is still available for purchase right now via AliExpress. Actually, I purchased it today for the GB price.
(Yes, I am in the first 500, and I also received the Amazon code but it seems to have expired before I was able to make the purchase on Amazon.)

No worries, I have been closely following this thread from day one, and am aware of the wonderful people who we can thank for running the GB.
Instead the reason I was asking is because the light is still available for purchase right now via AliExpress. Actually, I purchased it today for the GB price.
(Yes, I am in the first 500, and I also received the Amazon code but it seems to have expired before I was able to make the purchase on Amazon.)
[/quote]

very difficult to keep reading posts like this one….

Has anyone else noticed that the LT1 appears to be for sale without restriction now on Amazon? I put it in my cart just to test, and got no notice of any restrictions on availability, and ships in 6-7 days. Obviously, not at the GB price, however. But it still doesn’t seem to make any sense.

I’m more interested to know when the coloured ones will be released. I’m under 1500 in the queue. Don’t mind waiting a bit as long as I can get a coloured one with the charging issue fixed at the same price.

It is planned to be for sale for purchase to anyone at any time for the regular price from the start, (just the GB prices are for members on the original list in post #1)

Is there any word on when the LT2 will be released? (I’m assuming that’s what it will be called. Correct me if I’m wrong)

Assuming by LT2 you mean changes like adding power bank capability, AFAIK there is not presently any work going on by BLF folks on that. At least not that has been shared with me. If that’s true, I’m guessing you’re a year out from now at least.

Steps involved
Decide on design changes
Make design changes
Prototype design changes
Make production sample
Test production sample
Start production

Hello, all. Did you recieve your LT1? Does it perform well? Please give your feedback so we can know your ideas. Any issue or question, please contact us. Thank you :slight_smile:

How many of the LT1 lanterns been shipped out? as for pertaining to the build-numbers, (which the group buy is 3000, so far there seems to be less than the first lot of 500 who actually received one.

You do realize that the lantern was made available to anyone of the public right? It’s not just the people on the list that have access to the first 500pcs, they just don’t get GB price.

I’m a store and so I was given the GB price whether I was on the list or not. I always get GB pricing. This is the very reason Sofirn never restricted my purchase to 1pc when I made my bulk order as we have an agreement. In saying that I still had no idea about the 1pc limit when my order was placed but not that it really mattered when they’re available to anyone.

You might wonder why I’m on the list to begin with. The ones I’m on the list for are for friends and family that don’t know how to buy online from Ali.

For your information.

Oct 15 - Ordered
Oct 16 - Shipped
Oct 18 - Picked up by carrier
Oct 19 - Left carrier facility, GuangDongShengGuangZhouShi
Oct 29 - Arrived ISC, New York, NY, USA
Oct 30 - Arrived USPS, NY, USA
Nov 1 - Delivered

Ordered through Amazon.com.
Purchased with batteries.
My first light request was less than #500.

Hello back,

I am somewhere in the 2900th or something list for 2.

I am sure you already read posts from people inquiring about how, when, etc. are they going to get their turn.

Would you be kind enough to post at what point or perhaps tell us how many buyers (not units, because some have more than one units to order) have their orders already shipped?

By posting here about the status of the gb, it would greatly ” defuse ” the concerns of us people in list.

Thanks!

?

I ordered mine the day before your order and tracking still shows mine sitting on the dock of the (Chinese) bay.

When it comes to business, I always assume the worst in people. I speculate that they probably stopped a few of our Amazon shipments to honor other Aliexpress orders, since that is their primary store/market. Basically, what could have happened is that we were given active but placeholder tracking numbers for orders they intend to fulfill, but will just apologize for the delay because of “customs”. Having some experience in both logistics and lighting, I have seen some pretty gray areas when people were conducting business.

Mine was missing in transit for several days. Now rescheduled for delivery by USPS today but I am away for a few days.

Thanks for posting this question to Sofirn in the ‘open’ forum. Hopefully they will post the proverbial answer here to clear things up.

Regarding the GB… was the BLF promised the first 3k or 3k at the GB price, the latter to be filled at Sofirns convenience? It makes a difference as to how rapidly folks get their lights. If I was Sofirn I would want the latter since I could make $ while still eventually filling the BLF orders.

It is a balancing act for Sofirn: keeping BLF happy who they owe a lot for the initiative and design, and at the same time running their business: reducing their risks, getting their large investment back and making profit. I think that their actions reflect both sides.

Sofirn is a small company, a failing flashlight model can be a direct threat to their existence.