*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

That is it.
Thank you.

Thank you. Black is fine but I didn’t understand all the rules

Sorry, I haven’t been able to find much info on this… why is this necessary?

It’s not

It’s not really necessary, it’s just a hack to get around the fact that the USB-C standard…isn’t standard. :person_facepalming:

The good thing about standards - there are so many to choose from.

I looked a few pages back and couldn’t see a reference, but I just received a code and was down for 6 lanterns. Will the code only work for 1 lantern? Also, I don’t want to be an a-hole and order more than I am meant to initially. Am I expected to order just 1 unit at this time?

Never mind. I have found the answer.

Got the code and placed my order. Thanks to everyone involved in this, I can’t wait to get it!

My first lantern was at #1355, I just got my code. Fingers crossed it might arrive for Christmas. I’ve been watching this from the beginning, Before I signed up I decided to check the quality of 10 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Sofirn flashlights. Fair to say I like Sofirn flashlights and I’m sure going to love the lantern. LT1 team thanks again for all your hard work - I for one really appreciate the marathon effort you have put in.

Just one datapoint but maybe it is of interest to people:

I loaded the LT1 in “”lighthouse setup”:https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/38215/8729” with 8 Sanyo GA cells and let it run on 1x7135 chip at 2700K. The output was about 75 lumen (not super bright but a useful longterm light level to light an area) and although I did not monitor it all the time, after about 70 hours the output stepped down. I stopped the test at 80 hours (I had a visitor last night who slept in the living room where the lantern was), it then was still running on low output. The batteries were all 2.96V.

I think this is about what the numbers tell you , when you divide 27 Ah (8 GA’s) by 0.35 A (one 7135 chip), you get 77 hours. But it is nice to see it in practice.

Can i get a code please. Want an orange one so…

there are no orange ones.

I don’t see you on the interest list which Sofirn is operating off so they may not send you a code.

I tried twist-twist-hold the knob and although that does something to the brightness, the output keeps steady. It seems I can’t find candle mode on this lantern, and it does not seem to have any flicker.
About the thermals, at highest setting (which does not impress at all) you can feel it radiate from 2 meters away, some component produces a lot of heat in there. :expressionless:
Programming is a pain, I tried smoke-signalling the newest Anduril but to no effect. The ramping of the stock UI works very well and intuitive though.

is it possible to buy it on ebay if I message them if they sofirn already messaged me the amazon code to buy? Just weighting my options

Got my code and ordered today. Man that took a while. Glad to see they are complete and shipping.

My code doesn’t work at Amazon.de and Amzon.com isn’t shipping to germany.

An ideas folks ?

Got my first code today for amazon ordered without batteries cant wait :slight_smile:
Chris

My apologies for not keeping up with the thread. After realizing I wouldn’t be ordering from the initial batch, I decided to just wait patiently for my code.

Now that I have received it, I have a couple questions.

Does the code expire? (I recall seeing something about 30 days, but didn’t know if this had been confirmed)

Has manufacturing of any of the additional colors been confirmed? And if so is there a timetable for their release?

If I can purchase the lantern in one of the top choices from the color poll, then I would prefer to wait (assuming my code doesn’t expire before then)

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses!

Yep, expires in 30 days.
No colors have been confirmed.
Not so sure about the waiting for a color option as it may well be colors could be exempt from the group code discount due to their delay (if we get them) - perhaps someone else can help shed some light on this.