*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

We are waiting on the confirmation of the colors, which colors will be created, and their release.

Maybe some shaking or wind may help with the candle-mode flicker! :partying_face:

Got my PM, and subsequent PM for code with batteries. I’m 1272 on the list.

Are there official specifications, other than what’s in the manual? e.g. measured maximum output (stock), measured run-time at max. output (with Sofirn or other batteries), etc?

Thanks to everyone for the hard work.

I have not seen many tested numbers but from how my LT1 behaves thusfar, it seems rather predictable: count how many current chips are engaged, 5 is default, times 0.35A is 1.75A current draw on maximum setting. Divide the total capacity of batteries by the current and there is your runtime. Say you use Samsung 30Q cells of 3Ah, 4 of them makes 12Ah, divide by 1.75A gives you almost 7 hours of runtime.

Thanks djozz, makes sense. I saw somewhere in this huge thread that the estimated max. output is roughly 600 lm (stock). Anybody know the minimum (and corresponding run-time)?

Emailing Sofirn worked as I hadn’t initially received an email for listing 1305, got the code, placed an order.

Can’t wait! thank you all.

Same here, I messaged Sofirn and they sent the code. I was #1332 I believe.

Thanks DBSAR, Toykeeper, Sofirn and everyone else involved!!!

Got my code and ordered my LT1 today!! :sunglasses: 1417 on the list

The minimum is about a lumen, and should be able to run for about 4 months nonstop per charge.

Thanks ToyKeeper.

1490 on list
Got code today
Ordered

My code has arrived, I’m no 1454. I’ve replied asking for the code for lantern with batteries.

Code received, LT1 ordered on Amazon. They are up to my #1598, yay!

Is there any chance batch 3 will have the USB-C issue fixed?

I had thought this internal function would be available; not just a cable.

1566 on the list, got my code today, ordered.

1. odered today on Amazon.de with batteries included.
    :sunglasses:

Thanks again to all that participated to that wonderfull BLF project !
:beer:

… and to the manufacturer Sofirn.

Whether it’s an issue or not is a matter of opinion. It’s a flashlight, not a phone. A modern, reliable connector for the charging port was used as promised. From following the thread and the team chat, my impression is that no one really knows what the right answer would be to make everyone happy.

Not sure what you mean by lately.
2 years ago it was a crapshoot.
At this point unless you are buying bottom of the barrel stuff everything works.

And 2x 0402 resistors that cost a cent each is not much

Also since a to c is only supported the the modern part can be argued

It’s a real shame when members genuinely try to improve a product but get shot down :frowning:

The power of BLF is that there is always a truckload of ideas, among which there are enough good ones, but it is not a shame if not every suggestion for improvements is honored. I myself have done many suggestions for the various BLF lights that came to life, and I always think that my suggestions are the best :smiley: , but still most do not make it into the final product, and that is fine, BLF is not just me.

I do not see that this particular request for USB-C to USB-C compatibility has been “shot down” because people have given a reason why this compatibility does not have the highest priority. Maybe that will prove unjust over time but that remains to be seen.

Mind that a simple addition of two resistors in the circuitry still has to be tested by Sofirn, and in general any wanted change to a design can prove a pain to get done in China for unpredictable and unknown reasons, having to change stuff is not something to look forward to, it can be frustrating.