*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

our customs & postal service is bad like that i know… i have had stuff held there too for weeks on end.

I’m guessing this might be a ToyKeeper question, but perhaps others can answer. My third LT1, purchased as a gift for my son, is fairly off on measuring the battery voltage. All my Anduril lights measure a bit on the low side, which is fine. This one finished charging, light turned green, and the battcheck says 4.0V. My meter says 4.17V.

Is there any adjustment possible for the battcheck level? I’m wrapping it in the morning, so perhaps its already too late if any sort of mod is involved.

In the firmware, the voltage correction for this type of driver is a “fudge factor” which it adds to every measurement. It’s meant for correcting the voltage drop across the reverse-polarity diode. For example:

#define VOLTAGE_FUDGE_FACTOR 7 // add 0.35V

The value is in 0.05V units, so adding 0.15V would mean adding 3 to the total.

Most devices use a value of 0.25V, but the Q8 and lantern use 0.35V. In sounds like yours might need 0.50V or 0.55V added, which is unusually high.

I guess that’s just the tolerance on the measurement? .1 or so volts out of 4 is 2.5%, which isn’t so bad I suppose.

Thanks, where can I order it this time (best way for Germany) and how much is a good price??
Jens

The group buy was $50 for the lantern, $63 for the lantern with batteries. I don’t know the best way for you, but likely you will find it if you search amazon.de for BLF LT1. They may be out of stock right now. Sofirn has had them on their website also, that’s not a bad choice either, likely cheaper than amazon for you since you don’t have a group buy code. I’ve heard Aliexpress Sofirn store as well.

I will let you do the rest of the research.

I realize I’m late to get on the original group buy.
I would like to get on the GB if/when the colored lanterns are available.
I like lights that are not black so I can find them in the dark.
Thanks,
OS

Where is the best deal on this light?

The power switch can be easily programmed to be illuminated (default is blinking) so finding it with no light is easy, easier than looking for a color that is not illuminated

I’m in the missing LT1 category too. Ordered one with batteries from Amazon on Nov 22nd as part of the group buy. Amazon says it was shipped Nov 29th. I have no tracking information. Shot a brief PM to Sofirn here. Not in any kind of hurry, just hope that I get my lantern eventually.

Seems like all the ‘missing’ lanterns were ordered “with batteries” …… dont know if that has anything to do with the delay, but it shouldn’t. Mine(without batteries) only took 17days from ordering to mailbox in Southeast US but that was not common…… usually takes at least a month.

I dont think its the batteries, as so many others got through just fine, I’m thinking, it might have been something else on the pallet. I have a few possible ideas as of what might have happened with it, but I dont think any are correct.

Amazon U.S. no longer has the LT1 without batteries listed and the old link simply redirects to the LT1 kit with batteries. I’m sure that the full kit is more popular and a better value, but I have plenty of old cells sitting around and prefer the bare lanterns. You can still get the bare LT1 elsewhere, but I just wanted to note that it’s no longer available from Amazon in the U.S.

To all of those still waiting for your lanterns, I really think that Sofirn should offer some information or assistance on your behalf. The delay may have nothing to do with them, but they are ultimately responsible for delivering the lanterns to customers. I hope that they are still listening. If you don’t have your lanterns by the end of February, you deserve refunds.

Amazon says by 8 pm tonight, I’m skeptical, but exited

EDIT: Now says on its way but running late, so this thing might not ever come

Tracking info has disappeared from my order page. Now it just says “On the way, but it’s running late, Track your package for details” But no tracking button or info to be found. Someone ran off with the pallet full of lanterns.

I don’t think it has anything to do with batteries. This is the second order, I got my first one with batteries delivered without any issues.

Well at least they’re getting good lanterns
Also just contacted sofirn again with more information, we’ll see what happens

I ordered mine with group buy code w/batteries last week from Amazon and got it in 2 days. It currently shows in stock with batteries and delivery in 2 days. If you have a group buy code, I would go that way for now.

We are still impressed with the quality of materials and workmanship on both of the LT1’s we have even after many weeks of using our first one. One of the best value per dollar products I have had. Impressive. Thanks again to DBSAR and the whole crew who helped on this. My neighbors and friends are now ordering the LT1 as well now which proves the viability of this thing.

This is what I’m thinking I’ll end up doing, marking it as lost, then just re-ordering using my second group buy code. I want to get the refund before doing that though

Just got an update from my parents who bought me it, they messaged them on amazon, and their gonna wait about a week to get more information on its whereabouts, and if it is lost they’re sending me a new one from the amazon warehouse with 2 day shipping.
If anyone from sofirn is reading this, Thank you

2 days from China to Indiana?!? Has Sofrin/Amazon started shipping stock from the US?