C8 addicts thread

What battery do you use? XP-G2 vf is quite high and that could limit the maximum current draw.

But since you get good results anyway so why bother the “low” current draw :slight_smile:

Hello, the batteries are sanyo ga and some LGH2 that I think are fake, it is difficult to determine, with LG make 138.000 cd, I have on the way some samsung 30Q, we will see how they work with these, I read in other threads, that to 3.7 Amps in tail, produce 190,000 cd, which I would like, anyway I do not think this wrong, regards!

190kcd is with the old xp-g2. I’m guessing that you have the new one. It should do around 150-160kcd with proper focus and a FET driver.

[quote=Jouna]
Does anyone have “hack” method to chance 19mm driver hole to normal 17mm driver hole? I found one host and it is just great otherwise than that 19mm driver hole.

Thank you Lightbringer! I actually found right size washer :slight_smile: And now looking forward to see and get in my hands new C8 from Sofirn that will have 17 mm driverplate :slight_smile: I will do some kind of review both their selling C8 and host to diy if thats ok with you guys :slight_smile: It is almost ready and takes few days to come out from factory and of course it takes time to come to me also.

I wholeheartedly agree with all of your points.

I think what many people forget is that as a boost driver, it provides 3A at 6V. This is way more power then 3A at 3V or 4V which is what we’re normally used to seeing in a regular 3V driver.

I like my c8 too… it’s in sst40 dedome and running Sony vct6… I think I might get a xpg2 dedome version too.

Never had Convoy C8, ordered one yesterday as now the clear version is on flash sale. Should be my first C8 flashlight since 5 years. :smiley:

Rizky P, you will not regret it, it’s a little beast.

thanks, my the last C8 was Ultrafire C8 with XML kind of underwhelming light for today standard. Looking forward for whatever Convoy C8 bring to the table.

0K, lots of C8s under a buttload of brands. Which ones with the big (≈∅20mm) driver boot? Is it deep?

The Convoy C8 host lists its driver boot as ∅17mm, ¿seriously?

What about this?: Yezl C8 @ FastTech Rock bottom price!

Older ones, sure. Type 1 (pill) were 17mm, type 2 (integrated shelf) also 17mm.

It’s only its newest incarnation (type 3?) that are 20mm, but I ain’t got any.

If C8 had à USB charging port it could be the best thrower budget.

I mean it could be very useful. I could recommand it to my friends but they don’t have lion charger…

I haven’t said it impact the perfs.

Most cases, usb-charging introduces a means for water-ingress into the light. Rubber-plugs suck, as they can be pulled out easily, even get pulled off entirely and lost. So unless you do it right (eg, Zanflare’s F1 with the charging port O-ringed like crazy with a slide’n’screw captive collar), you’re taking a waterproof light and pretty much drilling a nice big open hole in it, and slapping on a crappy rubber plug.

Even my favorite toy, my RJ02, lost its plug over the charging port. Nfi how it even came out, as I see the light minus the plug, later find the plug, and am trying to figure out hownahell it even came out in the first place. And while I didn’t try very hard, I couldn’t even stuff it back in. So now it’s a not-quite-waterproof headlamp.

Okay, so with the lens, etc., it may not have exactly been waterproof, but now it’s much less so.

[quote=Newlumen]
I like my c8 too… it’s in sst40 dedome and running Sony vct6… I think I might get a xpg2 dedome version too.

How much amps does your sst-40 led handle? I ordered 3pcs of course cheap china versions and they could not handle BLF6 driver…

Maybe stupid question but; does H1-A (boost) work like a transformer that makes 3.6V (4.2) to 6V?

Looks like Ultrafire C8 : plastic everything (reflector, lens). Blue-ish led?, 17mm driver on aluminium pill, certainly too.
Seen at ~5-7€ on Gearbest…

Yes Jouna, the H1-A is a regulated DC-DC converter, limited by 10A input current and a maximum voltage output of 12.6V (requires modification). Thus, it's effective safe output limit is ≈25W. Can drive in series triples.

Related Jensen567 thread: Buck and Boost Drivers, Testing, Modding, and Discussion

Thanks for the tip AgentSteel, not interested in getting more sheesh right now. I'd been looking for a good DIY host with nice driver boot and I've found it: the ThorFire TA13.

We'll see.

Ok, thanks Barkuti :slight_smile: That’s what I’ve been wondering in that word “boost” :slight_smile:

I have a de domed SST-40 It’s 8 amps at the LED, did you use a DTP MCPCB like Noctigon ?