California's air quality = worst in the world

Oooo-K…. :+1: . Then that can be right on par with the best the Louisiana bayous have to offer!! :beer:
I’m hungry again…… :smiley:

Where’s that “Lucky Strike” video come from? Something on television?

That is from Mad Men, a popular TV series.

I have my Dyson air purifier running all day. I don’t notice the bad air at all indoors. But compared to the air quality in some cities in China when I went there in 2008, the year of the olympic, this is no comparison. The pollution in China from all the factories and construction makes me want to vomit right after I exit the airport. That’s the drawback of manufacturing in your country.

Good Hepa Filters are worth their weight in gold now, glad I have mine and N95 masks from the earlier Napa fires.

Good for beamshots, bad for everything else. Taken in front of the store:

Not too bad here, certainly not bad enough where I can’t get out and do some raking of the forest floor.

How long have these wildfires been burning out there??

A couple of weeks, or forever, depending on your point of view.

Teacher, the Camp Fire (a really stupid name that conjures images of scary stories and roasted marshmallows) started the 8th of November. It is the deadliest, and most destructive fire in CA history, and is only about half way done burning. 77 people are already dead, and 900-1000 are still missing. The air quality has been horrible here since then.

Wow… thanks for the info guys. Best wishes… looks like y’all need them. :frowning:

“Camp Fire”… interesting name, wonder how they came up with that??

It's supposed to rain on Wednesday, hopefully that helps with the fire. The wind direction will also change, but that means our smoke problem is going to Nevada, not a solution.

I got blasted before for recommending “unconventional” devices before, but negative ion generators do work.

The walls next to the critter will eventually be covered with dark ick (better’n floating around and/or getting into your lungs, though).

They attach a charge to the particles, which then stick to whatever’s around. Again, preferably a wall or even furniture, instead of your juicy internals. Kinda like rubbing a cat on your sweater and sticking him to a wall, to be held there by static electricity.

Just had shrimp foo young for lunch today, so I know the feeling. :smiley:

Thanks. I haven’t heard, but it is a ridiculous name for such a devastating event.

So Cal is not doing very good at all. The smoke is very bad. One can see a layer of grey over the sky.

On related note, dusk, respirator masks flying off shelves. No seems to have any in stock.

WOW…. That does look bad!! :frowning: . Hopefully it will rain a lot!

I can’t even imagine…… :person_facepalming:

That’s a good idea. Even better, tape some cardboard flanges around the output of the fan to direct it away otherwise the air will just circle round and round. ’oogle “ducted fan” for how that works.

What a wonderful idea!! And economical compared to a ’real’ one!! It probably works just as good too. I may make one to purify the air in my house… :wink:

Yep, the “cardboard flanges”…. essentially a shroud; would up the preformance to the next level! :+1:

I just read that it was first reported at Camp Road near Pulga. I guess maybe that is how it got the name “Camp Fire”. :person_facepalming:

I did some reading about it HERE …. the devistation is utterly amazing!!! :open_mouth: . :frowning:

Take care, folks. We had some experience with that up here this summer. Seattle had heinous air (200+) last August because of fires in north central WA and British Columbia.

A friend recommended this story from the LA times on the CA wildfires. I just started reading it.